Television documeantary on big Greek Derby

Discussion in 'Greece & Cyprus' started by SuperPalace, Dec 15, 2005.

1. SuperPalace

SuperPalace New Member

Dec 13, 2005
    Hello,

My name is Kevin and I am doing research for Irish television station RTE on European football derbies to be shown in a documentary series. One of the featured programmes is on the Panathinaikos V Olympiakos derby.

I was hoping forumers could offer me some assistance. In particular i was hoping you could recommend bars and cafes where Olympiakos and Panithainaikos fans visit so we can chat to passionate fans and gain an insight to Greek football and the derby. There is a possibility that well informed interesting fans will be featured on the programme and it would be great if people volunteered to meet the television researchers.

I would be also grateful in the meantime if people could provide any unusual facts about the derby, or significant events in previous derby matches. Perhaps great players who have graced previous derbies. I am intersted in the history of the fan rivalry and the cultural, historical political reasons for the hatred.

Any information you can offer would be gratefully received,

Many thanks Kevin

2. Triphat

Triphat New Member

Dec 12, 2005
    Red and Blue Land
    I'm afraid I can't help you with any information, but I just want to wish you good luck with the project ;)