Televisa Vs TVazteca

Discussion in 'Mexico National Team' started by chivisima, Apr 14, 2006.

1. chivisima

chivisima BigSoccer Yellow Card

Mar 24, 2006
    Tarzana, Ca
    The previous years Mexico was a surprise in the World Cup because nobody expected anything from us, we were the underdog and we did pretty good.
    there is something different this year, and is not the quality of the players, because the best players we have, are the same ones of the last WC (plus a few like Guardado, but without some others).
    We have seen a lot of publicity from the press, specially TV.
    Televisa is pressuring La Volpe after leaving Blanco behind, and TVAzteca is defending him for the same reason.
    Now, leaving a side the Blanco controversy, and just looking at how the media has been handleing the NT, don't you think that we are asking for too much???
    please, before answering, read this:

http://mirror3.mediotiempo.com/editorial.php?id_columna=2496

2. smartbomb

smartbomb Member

Jul 25, 2004
    Club:
    Club Tigres de la UANL
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Salinas Pliego ranked 1 place above Azcarraga in the latest latinamerica "Most Powerful Entrepeneur" Forbes list I saw.

They were both owned by Carlos Slim anyway :p

3. Banner or Hulk?

Mar 11, 2006
    I think its disgusting how you have two television channels promoting their own interests. In a perfect world (and i realize its not) they would just report what there is to report, and not try to sell their own agendas.

4. esesam

esesam Member

Dec 15, 2005
    IL
    Club:
    CF Atlas Guadalajara
    isnt fox sports trying to get some of the pie??

5. puromorelia

puromorelia Member

Mar 1, 2005
    L.@. california
    Very truth what chivisima was saying, just last night on Tv Azteca I saw a commercial where kikin prepares to take a decisice penalty kick in the mundial and he hears the roar of the crowd with their faces painted in Green, white and red and on the commercial and the perfect world he does score and its all great BUT here is where the pressure keeps piling up in my opinion.

I mean I guess como dicen en mexico puede ser "espada de dos filos" on the one hand it can work in their favor giving that extra step mentally and emotionally that they can come out on top ! On the other hand though it could just be way too much pressure for players trying to fullfill this whole "ponte la verde" mentality and all the other extra curricular stuff outside the field and lead us towards failure. Lets not forget that same thing happened to Argentina before korea/japon !!! en Argentina ya todos estaban listos para levantar la copa antes que empezara la copa del mundo y nisiquiera calificaron enm su grupo !!!

Id like to see our players just block all this BS out of their minds and concentrate on whats important on the field and also remember how well they played in Confederaciones and know that they can play anybody and anyday and beat them!!!! Also the experience that our CHIVAS seleccionados gained from their triumphs in Libertadores will help a great deal since we have alone from that team 5, 6 players that will be the core of our team during World Cup, all that talent and experience will only help our squad in critical times during games and should be calmed under pressure.

6. FGarcia1

FGarcia1 New Member

Jul 25, 2003
    Santa Barbara, CA
    It's no different than the U.S. when politics is concerned.

7. niteowl

niteowl Member

Jan 29, 2006
    That's different, in Argentina they were saying that they had a "Dream Team" meaning that they were invincible. :rolleyes:

8. Goofy

Goofy Member

Jun 10, 2005
    support for oneself.
    This Saturday, Antonio Carlos Santos debuted as a commentator for TV Azteca during the Cruz Azul-America game.
    Is it just a coincidence or have they decided to take him to the world cup and play some mind games with Hugo Sanchez? :D
    Remember Santos returned to America basically to show the exit door to Hugo, because the guy hates to confront his ex-wife and his new big ol' muscular husband.

9. Chiquitibum

Chiquitibum Member+

Apr 4, 2004
    Norte
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    what, can you explain yourself with pics and stuff?
    lol

freal. im not up on that history.

10. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Antonio C Santos is married to Hugo's ex wife.

Goofy is just trying to take cheap shots at Hugo implying that A. C. Santos got the better of Hugo. How little does he know.

Hugo was already dating the Spanish Prom queen by 1990, hence he was not with his wife anymore. Hugo went to America in 93. A. C. Santos got sloppy seconds... and what is funny... Goofy thinks that is an insult to Hugo. HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAH

have you seen his 1st wife and his 2nd wife... Hugo upgraded... his wife is FINE!!!!

11. Goofy

Goofy Member

Jun 10, 2005
    support for oneself.
    Basically, this is the story:

1. ANtonio Carlos Santos is married to Hugo Sanchez' 1st wife, Emma Portugal.
    2. When Hugo returned to MExico to play for America, Santos was already married to her, though he was playing in Portugal or Japan (I think).
    3. Because Hugo Sanchez was not performing as expected by America, a rumor began circulating in the media that America would bring Santos back, apparently with the purpose of forcing Hugo to quit the team (thus breaking his multi-year contract)
    4. It became true: America brought back Santos, and almost immediately, Hugo quit the team and left for Spain (Rayo Vallecano)
    5. According to revista Balon, Hugo always declines to speak about Santos and ex-wife and avoids Santos.
    6. Saturday, Santos debuted as commentator for TV Azteca.
    7. If they plan to take him to the world cup as a commentator, could this be a cheap way to morbidly make the fan curious as to how will Hugo react?

12. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
    Televisa Vs TVazteca= MORE OF THE SAME

...the fact is that media is a powerful tool that moves the minds of those who are weak and can't analize things for themselves or don't bother to do so because of time of because of laziness...

...the media in mexico is not exception and can not manage itself with a sense of social responsability...i mentioned it as an example on the pumas forum where i cite some examples of how the media destroys a team spirit from the outside-in or the inside-out and top to bottom or viceversa by throwing a bunch of sensless and controversial notes that get into the head of some members of the team and it is how it all begins...

...some mexican players unfortunetly can't handle that type of pressure and then believe such notes and end up destroying the team cohesiveness...it only takes one note to get on one of the team's members to begin destruction...yesterday's republica deportiva featured j. vergara who mentioned that he intends to educate players and i agree with him 100%...yes some of the members of el tri could be easily persuaded by such media pressure and it could be easily reflected on the field...WE HAVE TO EDUCATE OUR PLAYERS AND LEADERSHIP...

....like one member mentioned already in this forum...the world expects more from us: copa confederaciones/head of group/etc so it could be very foolish not to think how easily our team could not even go past the first round...it is a test, we will see how our teams responds to the call, we just have to keep it positive so stop it already and settle for what we have in our team and do not jump into the bandwagon of interest the media creates...we did it w/o cuau on confederaciones, why can't we do it again and better?, the moment we think we can't do it with the resources we have, then we begin to die...

....just pay attention to the interviewing interaction between press-player in mexico and see for yourself how questions are asked/answered and then compare same interaction on press from argentina and their futbol league members...see for yourself, look at the questions asked, how they are asked and how they are answered...try to find the goal of the questioning: is it to create positive and constructive critisism or to generate controversy; or is it to trully analize the way players move/perform in the field and then add not only the bad but also the imporvements on players or team...see what environment our media creates on public opinion: WE SHOULD FEAR THIS AND WE SHOULD FEAR THAT, INSTEAD OF: "TRUE THAT, BUT HERE ARE THE WAYS WE ARE GONNA ATTACK THIS AND THAT FEAR, WE ARE PREPARED, WE ARE GONNA DO IT, WE WILL MAKE PROGRESS"...

...i hate comparisons, especially among mexico and argentina, but is not a matter of who is better as much as it is a matter of how SOME of our players can become better at handleing the media and its marketing-selfishness and sole goal to be the number one in ratings at all costs by learning from others or educating themselves...it is also a wake up call for us to not believe the hype and always be objective in all ways of life, not only futbol...

...so in conclusion tvazteca and televisa are pretty similar, their ending goal is to generate ratings...they just have different approaches...they are both a comedy to me as well as much of the written press, many of them very unreliable sources...personaly i think televisa tries to engage in more meaningful conversation than tvazteca, but so does the guys at superestadio...unfortunately not much of us (as well as our proffesional players) have the time to really break things down so it is easier to just read/watch a note from any of this media oulets and join the bandwagon of lies...

13. Goofy

Goofy Member

Jun 10, 2005
    support for oneself.
    Er... Mr. America...
    1992, sir. Hugo Sanchez played for America in 1992-93 season.
    I don't care who got seconds or who's got a bigger what.
    I just know hugo avoids santos.

14. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    You do realize there is Hugo Sanchez Portugal in the middle? Do you expect Hugo Sr. to talk about the mother of his children? That is actually the honorable thing to do (even if they hate each other's guts)

And it is actually A.C. Santos that does not like the presence of Hugo... I wonder why??? It could be any number of reasons... could be that Hugo is a world star and Santos never was. Could be that Santos feels that a mans trash is another mans treasure.... you do the math... i am just going by what i have read

15. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    I KNOW he was there in 92-93... i saw a good majority of those games...

you know??? how... have you talked to both of them? You act as if Hugo avoid the issue because he feels hurt... common sense shouls tell you that if he was dating and married to his current wife in 1990... it should tell you that maybe he did not give a shyt about his ex wife..

and for the record... Hugo's goal, even before signing with America was to go back to Spain....

16. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
    ...who cares anyways?, i mean, i would not see what happens as a result of this anyways since i am not in mexico (implying almost all tvazteca/televisa coverage would be block here as it did last WC)...regardless, i don't think hugo really cares that much either...

17. puromorelia

puromorelia Member

Mar 1, 2005
    L.@. california
    Re: Televisa Vs TVazteca= MORE OF THE SAME

This is a very important point you make here and I have actually seen and analized the comparisons between one and the other and what Ive found is that In Mexico they love to turn anything thay can into drama and in most cases create controversy which then leads to critisism and even fights amongst players, in argentina However they seem to be a little more cocky and out of line sometimes, they love to overhype their players and clubs but in the end I think they do it in more of a construcive way and in a way that the player will mature and have that sense of greatness and confidence but you also have to give much credit to how players handle those situations. In Mexico though it seems as if the media always makes excuses, get into the players' heads and into believing something thats not real and it goes on and on and on, the more drama they create the more ratings for them which is their ultimate goal.

Thats where you make that very good point that our players need to be educated as well as US fans, Mexico is known for their Novelas and they love the drama and excitement that goes with them and in a way the media tries to almost bring that type of scenerio to the field and into futbol and if youre not careful just like the novelas can very much influence some of the people watching them then you'll start believing that same ficticious drama that unfolds and is presented by both Tv Azteca and Televisa, and yes even players can easily fall for such tricks.

I remember just a few weeks back Jose Ramon Fernandez on Deportv was critizising LaPuente and making assumptions that Puebla had won that 89-90 final because of foul play and even implied that "Aguado" then U de G 's goalkeeper had been a part of that foul play allowing some very questionable goals etc. etc. Well I got a copy of that game and I watched for myself just yesterday and i dont see anything in that game where Aguado could have played part in such foul play which they were accusing him of, Puebla won that game without any help and were deserving champs, the most amazing thing is that Jose Ramon himself broadcasted the 2nd half of that game so for him to NOW be making such things up or discrediting a coach or team 15 yrs later makes no sense. I had actually believed what he said at first but just as were talking about here about being MORE educated WELL thats what I did, I wanted to get the facts for myself and not just believe that he said, she said stuff and thats what we should all do, and like franco says also be very careful as to not believe every single thing the media says.

I also do agree at this point its almost comic yet anoying though, the soap opera between azteca and Televisa is getting way too ridiculous and instead of showing professionalism and showing the viewers whats reallt important they continue to sell their sizzle to the fans just trying to get more ratings and only look foolish in the process and show that they are still so much caught in a third world country type journalism.

Unfortunately though their dirty cheap shots have affected some of those weak minded individuals amongst them players themselves !!! I truly believe whatever crap Televisa put into Cuahutemoc's mind was a determining factor into him dropping out of Confederaciones and that eventually leaving him out of the coming up world cup, silly thing is NOW televisa crys along with blanco and trys to find an explanation as to why it happened when IT was Televisa themselves who CREATED that monster and now that It backfired theres nothing they can do about it !!!! Had blanco been educated and had he learned to deal with the media at the time maybe he would be going to germany after all so let that be a lesson to all players currently on the team and those who will be sporting our jersery in future years to come that they better get educated and not get caught up too much into the media frenzy, specially when its a malintencioned act by the media or one that tries to force them into taking sides.

18. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
    Re: Televisa Vs TVazteca= MORE OF THE SAME

...yeah man, i mean, i really would like to see people challange what i said more than be on my side about this argument...i appreciate your support on most matters of this issue about the media, its interest and goals and how media many times puts those interest first in detriment of the goals of our national futbol...

i would really like to see more people involved in this interesting matter on the media and how it shapes our minds and our decisions and acknowledge we need better comunication on the media...we also need to be more aware in identifying how to breakdown that feedback in a way that we can split fact and fiction...

not only would we learn how to respond, but it would help us talk and even write better, as well as to be more critical about all the hype they create with their journalistic simplicity...i admite I write like shit; in a very informal and relaxed style and many don't like that but i try to get my point across...i have also received and followed past constructive critisism about my writting style as well and i have made some changes since...

you know how soccer is passion and sometimes even i let that passion blind me but we need more people that would put our feet to the ground and help us think straight during those moments...likewise, we have to be ready for critisism and take it positively...and you get that by educating yourself and by being more critical in managing what we hear, read, and watch...always consider each situation and its alternatives before you make a decision and try your best not to let la pasion futbolera blind you...

19. Goofy

Goofy Member

Jun 10, 2005
    support for oneself.
    Just to show the impressive readings in metaphysics and Hegelian dialectic you've gotta major in when you work for the media:

"Cuando uno repasa nombre por nombre la lista de los que hoy conforman**la Selección Mexicana de Futbol, se da cuenta de que en ella hay varios**hombres de experiencia que ya vivieron un mundial, así como jugadores muy**jóvenes que están por debutar en el torneo más importante de este deporte."[...] (Miguel Gurwitz, Televisa guy on Medio Tiempo.com)

To translate, the guy is basically saying this: "I was reading the final player list and I've noticed there are 2 types of world cup players: those who already played n a world cup, and those who haven't"
    Just brilliant.

20. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
    ...that is mexican futbol jargon at its finest!!!...i am telling youuuu, we have the most objective subjects when it comes down to sports...specially in futbol and the mexican national team...

21. chivisima

chivisima BigSoccer Yellow Card

Mar 24, 2006
    Tarzana, Ca
    now, the biggest problem is going to be if we don't succeed, we have to play against 2 teams that we know are dangerous, and a third one that we don't know anything about! on top of that, if we pass to the second round, we have to play against Argentina or Nederlands!
    and if they come back empty handed, I don't think is because we didn't do what we were supposed to, or because Cuauhtemoc is not there, but you will see!! televisa is going to start saying that Cuauhtemoc was a big factor, that LaVolpe is a sell out, and the americanistas are going to support that. That is going to take our soccer some steps back, and Tvazteca is going to say that some referee, or some player where bought.