Televisa conflict of interest ?

Discussion in 'Mexico' started by Monkeyboy2000, Oct 23, 2006.

1. Monkeyboy2000

Monkeyboy2000 Member

Jan 27, 2000
    San Fran Bay Area
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Was reading Processo magazine (issue 1560 dated Sept. 24th), and they had an article discussing Televisa's recent acquisition of the betting houses called Play City in Mexico.

To quote -

"la empresa encabezada for Emilio Azcarraga Jean opera desde hace tres meses un sistema de apuestas para los juegos de los equipos de Primera Division del futbo mexicano mediante su empresa Play City"

Do you guys see a conflict of interest when the same company that owns 3 first division teams is also running betting houses ? Emilio Azcarraga says no. Some politicians say yes and they want an investigation by the Secretaria de Gobernacion.

2. metalmaster

metalmaster Member+

Jul 7, 2004
    In the wrong hood
    Club:
    Hakoah Maccabi Ramat Gan
    I don't see how it is not. It is definately a conflict of interest.

3. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
    ..a huevo que si...

...no...:confused:

4. Hugo Sanchez

Hugo Sanchez Member+

Aug 21, 2003
    MEX2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Look, Monkey.

Hugo lost to America and gave up two points to San Luis.

Is that not enough of a pay-off?

Ya deja de molestar.

5. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    any way you can scan that article? I cant buy proceso here in Philly. I use to in Houston :(

6. metalmaster

metalmaster Member+

Jul 7, 2004
    In the wrong hood
    Club:
    Hakoah Maccabi Ramat Gan

It all went according to plan;) :D

I don't think they are going to fix games, but it sure raises eyebrows.

7. montakristo

montakristo New Member

Oct 24, 2006
    LOS ANGELES
    televisa basically owns FMF... why is that Americanistas that are not national team quality are included on the team for no apparent reason? and when we finally get a coach that goes against the grain like lavolpe we have televisa "commentators" aka haters bashing him during the telecast of the world cup... they might as well have the fmf logo changed to that weird ass televisa eyeball and make bermudez president

8. montakristo

montakristo New Member

Oct 24, 2006
    LOS ANGELES
    my point being televisa can do what they want and it really doesnt matter if its a conflict of interest because they have immunity from the FMF

9. Rebaño_Sagrado

Rebaño_Sagrado Member+

May 21, 2006
    Home
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I agree wholeheartedly.

You know those Televisa bastards are also responsible for the following:

JFK assassination.

Colosio assassination.

High gas prices.

Terrorrism.

Lavolpe's failure to meet his promises as NT Coach.

US Immigration policy.

My spelling.

And everything else wrong with the universe I didn't mention.

Damn you Televisa! Damn you!

10. montakristo

montakristo New Member

Oct 24, 2006
    LOS ANGELES
    lol... ooooook. i was mainly talking about why the hell luis hernandez and garcia aspe got to play against usa in wc 2002 ... and their role in the planning and execution of 9/11

11. esesam

esesam Member

Dec 15, 2005
    IL
    Club:
    CF Atlas Guadalajara
    most importaly televisa secretly has the holy grail at there headquarters too

12. Monkeyboy2000

Monkeyboy2000 Member

Jan 27, 2000
    San Fran Bay Area
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    huh ?

I'm just posting some info from the article. I hadn't seen this info anywhere and it was interesting. I'm not anti-Televisa but I'm also not a Televisa apologist.
    Calm down.

13. Monkeyboy2000

Monkeyboy2000 Member

Jan 27, 2000
    San Fran Bay Area
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    PM me your email and I'll send it to you. I'll also send you the Cruz Azul article from the same issue which I also found to be a good read.

14. Lyrical S.

Lyrical S. Member+

Aug 22, 2006
    Morelia, Michoacan
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    yeah...and your reason for cuauhtemoc not beign in the NT this past WC.... clearly he has been the best player in his position for the last couple years..and please dont give me the injured bullshit cuz Franco and Zinha were injured!!!! Dude clearly i can see you only watch Televisa cuz you aint saying how much Tv Azteca was talking shit bout La Volpe... Jump off their nuts and read around how many people were dissin La Volpe way before the Confederations Cup.....

15. changoguapo

changoguapo New Member

Mar 11, 2004
    Bakersfield, Cali.
    that explains Mizrahis unexplained broken hand

16. montakristo

montakristo New Member

Oct 24, 2006
    LOS ANGELES
    nah i was just watching televisa during the wc cuz i was in vallarta at a resort and didnt really have a choice on what channel they put on for the game. but i did notice how during mexico v portugal they let hugo basically talk shit about lavolpe the whole game which i thought was out of line... i dont mind people criticizing the national team coach, but during a world cup game? they could have waited until after at least...

and as far as cuahtemoc being the best forward in mexico... lol... yea luego luego se nota que eres americanista... i bet u used to say zague was the best forward in mexico back in the day too... but yeah i agree he should have been on the NT... but u gotta agree he would be 10x better if he wasnt such a punk about his discipline. when he shuts his mouth, plays clean, and doesnt distract from the focus of the teams he plays for hes a hell of a player. but leading up to the wc he wasnt doing those things

17. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    contrary to popular belief, Blanco is one of the most disciplined players in the league. His professional career has spanned 15 years, and in thos 15 years, he has only been sent off 10 times (9 club; 1 national team). 4 of the 9 times he has been sent off were not direct, but 2 bookings. He has played over 350 league games, over 60 national team matches (not including youth) and he has accumulated less than 150 bookings.

There are other players that are just as vocal (if not more than Blanco) but go unnotice because they do not play for America (ie Cardozo, Cabrera, Franco, Abreu, Sancho, Gaitan)

18. montakristo

montakristo New Member

Oct 24, 2006
    LOS ANGELES
    i never noticed any of those guys socking a reporter in the face

19. Lyrical S.

Lyrical S. Member+

Aug 22, 2006
    Morelia, Michoacan
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    dude make up your mind!! are you talkin off or on the playing field!! on the field he is one con huevos con pasion!!! he would do anything to get his team in an advantage! and about zague let me just remind you who was the NT leading scorer before borgetti? Televisa's guest of honor for the WC was Hugo Sanchez;) why? cuz of wat you said let him bash on La Volpe! why? rating!!!!! you know who was Tv Azteca's guest of honor?? Rafael Marquez!!

20. Rafael Hernandez

Rafael Hernandez Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    Yeah how dare do they criticize Lavolpe during the WC. They should have been grateful that we finally could tie a world powerhouse like Angola :rolleyes:

As somebody mentioned I love how you just exclude TV Azteca and how for 4 years they basically had an orgy of Lavolpe love.

21. montakristo

montakristo New Member

Oct 24, 2006
    LOS ANGELES
    well first of all i never said either... i was just speaking in general... and you guys are acting like im a tv azteca fan or something when i never mentioned them either... lol . and by the way like i said before i never said it wasn't ok to criticize the coach and i never said that lavolpe did an amazing job, i just said hugo sanchez and the televisa commentators seemed to be riding him hard the whole game instead of actually talking about what was going on on the field. that got annoying when you are trying to watch the game...

i must have hit a nerve or something, all these cats are getting so emotional in their defense of televisa...

basically as far as i can tell is that both channels have their own agenda with the national team having to do with the interests they have in the FMF... and a TV network having influence over what goes on in the FMF is a lot of the reason why our soccer is not as good as it should be (that goes for televisa AND tv azteca although i believe televisa has MUCH more influence over the FMF than azteca does) the FMF should make their decisions on the national team based on the best interests of the team and not tv network politics

22. Lyrical S.

Lyrical S. Member+

Aug 22, 2006
    Morelia, Michoacan
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    i see you typing but i dont see shit your saying!! Liga Premier is suppose to start in 2007! TV influence in the FMF hmmm:rolleyes: maybe cuz both Stations own teams! aslong as they do they are going to influence NT decisions!

23. Lyrical S.

Lyrical S. Member+

Aug 22, 2006
    Morelia, Michoacan
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    doesnt seem like in general..

24. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Gaitan pushed the ref not ONCE, but twice in the playoffs and it made news for a day and that was it.

Chamagol shakes the refs hand this past week and all is forgotten.

Borgetti tells Trejo to shove it and that he wont suit up, and all is forgotten

25. Hugo Sanchez

Hugo Sanchez Member+

Aug 21, 2003
    MEX2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    TTTTTTTTTTTTTTelevisa conflict of interest ?

He mentioned (and you quoted) a punch to the face.

A little different.