TEFL/TESOL information

Discussion in 'Education and Academia' started by sarabella, Jul 4, 2004.

1. sarabella

sarabella BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 22, 2004
    UK
    Does anyone know of any websites that contain information about taking the TEFL/TESOL certification courses, preferably in Holland somewhere? I'm trying to get my act together and move to Europe to teach. Anything anyone knows would be appreciated!!

2. Iceblink

Iceblink Member

Oct 11, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    Ipswich Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Unfortunately, I have no idea! I don't even know what those are. I just wanted to say, "Go!" Sounds like a wonderful thing to be able to do.

We've talked about heading to Europe. I don't know what I'd do though! My wife has French citizenship, so I guess I could go teach English somewhere.

What a great thing to be able to do.

3. Michael K.

Michael K. Member

Mar 3, 1999
    There or Thereabouts
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I did my CELTA at International House London, part of the International House organization - http://www.ihworld.com/

It was intense and not at all a walk in the park, but I left with the confidence that I could teach effectively, and the feeling that I'd gotten a start through a legit organization.

4. DoyleG

DoyleG Member+

CanPL
    Canada
    Jan 11, 2002
    YEG-->YYJ-->YWG-->YYB
    Club:
    FC Edmonton
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    TEFL/TESOL instructors are in high demand in most parts of the world. I know a number of schools where I live that offer such courses. It's said that having a university degree helps.