Teams you have managed

Discussion in 'Manager Games' started by minorthreat, Dec 19, 2005.

1. Cannon

Cannon Member

Arsenal
    United States
    Sep 2, 2001
    Washington, DC metro
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Right now I'm on a long term game where I started unemployed. I got a job at Infesta in the lower leagues of Portugal midseason with them deep in the relegation (and exit from the game) spots. Saved them and got promoted. Now on way to the top division where I'm sure the huge income gap will begin to show. Still a fun choice for those interested in lower league games although I miss the lack of player restriction that I had in the Dutch lower league with Haarlem.

2. Lebronfeldt

Lebronfeldt New Member

Jun 22, 2007
    newcastle Jets - A League
    Salyut Belgorod - Russian Premiere League (keep losing in the Russian Cup Finals and lost 1 Champions League Final)

3. ronaldinhobr10

Jan 9, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I am in my first season managing Real Madrid.

14 Games into the league so far and I am in first followed by Valencia, Barcelona, and Sevilla

I was top of my group in CL and Werder Bremen qualified in Second.

Copa del rey i put all the reserves and drew away 0-0 and the home leg is coming up!!

4. russ99

russ99 Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Chi-town
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    My 5th Hibernian season was probably my best one ever in CM/FM/FMH.

Season Record: 34-4-0 (no losses!)
    Won: Scottish Cup, Scottish League Cup
    Europe:Ousted in 1st round of CL, fell into UEFA cup and lost in the semi-finals.
    Scottish coach of the year
    Scottish player of the year: Bojinov
    Scottish young player of the year: Fletcher

Not sure if I can beat that. I think I'm done with FM until Handheld '08 comes out...

5. Costacurta

Costacurta New Member

Jul 30, 2007
    Icheon,Korea
    Seosan citizen(korean national team,3 years and playing now)
    Newcastle(3 years)
    Man utd(2 years)
    Kahn(?)(the third league of france,3 years)
    Wow. I think you are all experts!!

6. Bonji

Bonji Moderator

Feb 4, 2003
    Denver, Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Got FM 2008 and have started all over. Picked up Man U to begin. What can I say, I like the big time. :) First season is done and I won the Premier League, FA Cup and Champions League. Second season is starting a little rocky in the Prem as I'm 0-2-1. I did just win the Euro Super Cup.

7. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    From clubs, I only manage Ajax or Preston North End.

8. The Ouk

The Ouk New Member

Jul 2, 2007
    Real Madrid mainly.

If not them i tend to manage the mighty Brighton and Hove Albion.

9. Carolina United FC

Carolina United FC New Member

Dec 8, 2007
    Columbia, SC
    FM 2007 :

Nottingham Forest -- 6 Seasons

FM 2008 :

Red Bull New York -- 1 Season ( 4-1-0 so far )

10. Lebronfeldt

Lebronfeldt New Member

Jun 22, 2007
    newcastle Jets - A League
    Salyut Belgorod - Russian Premiere League (keep losing in the Russian Cup Finals and lost 1 Champions League Final)
    Lancaster 2nd season

11. Grinners89

Grinners89 BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 8, 2007
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    In FM 08

Mighty REDS!!! into my 2nd season vs Manure in very important :rolleyes: community shield.

1st season
    EPL (1st) - 26 wins, 9 draws, 3 losses, 73 goals scored, 29 conceded, 87 points
    CL - won 1-2 in final vs Sevilla in extra time
    Fa Cup - lost 2-1 in final vs Man Utd
    League Cup - lost in 3rd round

Awards
    CL - Gerrard won best player in CL with 4 goals, 5 assists from 12 apps
    EPL - won Manager of the year :D. Gerrard came 2nd in EPL footballer of the year. Torres 2nd in players player of the year. Kewell, Finnan, Reina, Gerrard and Torres made the players team of the year with Kewell, Finnan and Reina in starting XI

Sold Riise and Sissoko. Alonso wanted to leave so had to sell him...for 17 million to Valencia
    Bought Garay, Kjaer...hoping to buy De Rossi

The only problem is i can only go down from here...i certainly never did this well in previous titles

12. kcscsupporter

kcscsupporter Member+

Apr 17, 2002
    D17
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i'm playing an older version of wwsm (04-05), but i did just beat milan to win the champions league with ... bohemians fc... of the eircom league. yeah, there's been a little bit of cheating involved, but not any editing. the games were actually won with the players i convinced to come there. what's disappointing is that even though all the success in europe has raised the league's coefficient into the top 10 (and bohs' as well), i still can't convince anyone who's already "known" to really give me a go. i can pick up some older players looking for some first team action, though. it's all about utilizing your academy and finding the diamonds in the rough before they get anxious to move on to a bigger club. i also won uefa cup two times in a row before the champs league. dalymount park has been expanded numerous times and now seats around 25k.

i had a separate manager controlling 1fc. koln. after a couple seasons, arsenal enquired about purchasing podolski off of me. i didn't really want to sell him, but figured i'd give them an absurd number to see if they'd bite. my jaw dropped when, 3 days later, they returned with an offer of 150M.:eek: sold.