Teams Unite

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by slapnut, Jan 24, 2008.

1. Albany58

Albany58 Member+

Sep 14, 1999
    Concord, CA USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is there anyone who likes Al Davis?

2. Naco

Naco Member

Aug 5, 2001
    Al Davis.

3. athletics68

athletics68 Member+

Dec 12, 2006
    San Diego & San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A good number of Raiders fans still have faith in him and the Raiders for whatever reason.

4. Albany58

Albany58 Member+

Sep 14, 1999
    Concord, CA USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Really? Wow! After he's knocked them around in the mixer? I stand amazed.

5. athletics68

athletics68 Member+

Dec 12, 2006
    San Diego & San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've always been amazed that ANYONE still roots for the Raiders to be honest. If I'd been dicked around like their fanbase has repeatedly, sued by Davis as both cities that have hosted him have multiple times, and watched the ineptitude of the majority of the teams they've fielded the last 3 decades...

6. Naco

Naco Member

Aug 5, 2001
    Something we know nothing about.

Jeff Baicher for Jair. Enough said.

EDIT: If that means nothing to you.

7. athletics68

athletics68 Member+

Dec 12, 2006
    San Diego & San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No they'd have to move Houston back to San Jose in about 12 years, then sue San Jose, then sue Houston, then threaten to leave again in the intervening 10 years, then threaten to move to Dublin... to even get close to the Raiders. To say nothing of violent drunk fans and gun toting yahoos in the parking lots. I don't think we'd ever fall that far, at least not with AEG out of the picture ;)

8. Albany58

Albany58 Member+

Sep 14, 1999
    Concord, CA USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, I think the Patriots' owners, i.e., the Kraps, pale in comparison with feeble Al and what he has done.

9. bigdumbgod

bigdumbgod Member+

Jun 25, 2005
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kind of sounds like high-level futbol fans.

Old Uncle Al is a pisser, but he's OUR pisser. Kind of like having that evil, obnoxious SOB as your lawyer - you don't want the nice guy in court, do you? We have a crazy captain of a crazy ship of ghouls that has run aground of late (Jamarcus will turn this around). In fact, the captain is just about officially certifiable at this point, as the paranoia begins to run rampant.
    But if the Raider Nation is anything, it's fiercely loyal. If anyone would like to hop about the lot before the game and challenge that, please inform us ahead of time, that we may bring videocameras and supply YouTube with quality memories of a difficult day defined. Make it fun - dress up as your favorite Bronco or 49er! We always have ex-large skewers on the pig BBQ's at the ready!

Now if Amy Trask can nudge ol Al to his retirement throne, maybe we can about the business of keeping a coach/staff in place, and redo that s**ty stadium.

10. JazzyJ

JazzyJ BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 25, 2003
    This photo says it all.

[​IMG]

I'm not a Raider fan anymore. They lost me for good after the move to LA, but I feel like Kiffin is a good coach. He reminds me of Gruden. He's surprisingly confident and self-assured for such a young guy under so much pressure. It'd be too bad if he only gets one year. Even though they didn't win many games I thought they were a fairly competitive team.

11. bigdumbgod

bigdumbgod Member+

Jun 25, 2005
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If there was ever a face to the mythic "Walk the plank!", that's it.

12. futbol monkey

futbol monkey Member

Dec 12, 2007
    Santa Clara
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    AAAUURRGGGH!! to thee plank with yee