"Teams Patrice Evra Hasn't Lied to the FA About" - OTT 20 [R]

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by AndSomeAreAngels, Feb 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThatEndDown

ThatEndDown Member+

Dec 2, 2010
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So Shrek is going to miss the Europa League match against Ajax because of a sore throat? Yeah, I suppose I can see the point: can't scream and cry like a baby at the official after every decision with a sore throat.

2. poopoobigelow

poopoobigelow Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 3, 2007
    VA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Egypt
    rumors of chelsea interest in rafa...

i just threw up in my mouth... i can take torres going there, now, because he's failed... but, if rafa goes there, too, i don't know if i can take it... i'll have to pretend that they don't even exist... imagine rafa's brain with roman's financial resources...

3. dcc134

dcc134 Member+

Liverpool FC
    May 15, 2000
    Hummelstown, PA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah but is that a job anyone would want? Seems like spurs or arsenal would be better.

4. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    Watched a fun (Highlights) match last night. Tranmere vs Liverpool in the 2001 FA Cup 1/4's match. Tranmere had beaten Portsmouth, Everton and Southampton, we were playing on there sod and weren't about to give it up.

We had Westerveld, Babbel, god, 'lil Mikey, Big Sammi, Spud, Stevie G, Bamby, Garry Mac, Jaimie and Wright. Then Smicer, Biscan, Jari and Vignal.

Good match with Owen and Spuds serving up a goal to the other. Gerrard got one then god finished it up. Tranmere put 2 good ones in.

John Aldridge was Tranmere's coach then, He won his FA Cup medal with the Reds in 1989.

We went on to beat LeArse for the Cup and along the way we won the EUROPA and the Carling Cups. Finished 3rd in the league as well.

Fun to hear the comms talking about Liverpool's youngsters. Think there were 5 scousers on the team.

5. demolitionlover

Jan 29, 2007
    Butte
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I watched this too, absolutely flipped shit when the ball that was hastily played back to Babbel went through his legs for the Tranmere second. Even though I knew the eventual outcome, I still may as well have been watching live. Fun half hour, it was.

6. never walk alone TPK

Sep 27, 2004
    nairobi, kenya
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Kenya
    I actually think that IF Harry Redknapp does not get the England job he will see the money at Chelsea and will be their manager. He does not really have much loyalty with his stints at Portsmouth and Southampton.
    Or it could be Capello.

7. idreamofpikas

idreamofpikas Member+

May 22, 2009
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Redknapp can be accused of a lot of things but disloyalty isnt really one of them. In almost 30 years of management he's only managed five teams and the whole Portsmouth-Southampton débâcle was down to interfering chairmen. Maybe it's our shared poor grammar but I've always liked Harry and never quite understood the vitriol some fans have for him.

As for Rafa going to Chelsea I feel it would be a huge mistake and would harm his reputation much like following Maureen at Inter did. No manager is going to emulate his first spell at Chelsea as there are now several clubs who can match Romans transfer and wage fund. Much better for Rafa to either wait for the Madrid job or to take a smaller size club and make them overachieve.

8. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    LOL @ AVB.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/footbal...iticism-personal/story-e6frf4a3-1226278935331

9. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Oh and a weird one: :eek:

http://www.foxsports.com.au/footbal...-of-coincidences/story-e6frf4a3-1226270524573

10. ThatEndDown

ThatEndDown Member+

Dec 2, 2010
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Chelsea win; Torres still hasn't scored.

11. Red Bird

Red Bird Member+

Sep 30, 2003
    Oxford
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Torres is increasingly like a sh!te Kuijt. Out wide, awful first touch and gives the ball away. Except he does sod all defensively. Never thought I'd say this but Torres is truly awful.

12. Twenty26Six

Twenty26Six Feeling Sheepish...

Jan 2, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Benitez knew exactly what to do with him. It was like a craftsman and a tool. Now, Torres is just a tool without usefulness.

13. Red Bird

Red Bird Member+

Sep 30, 2003
    Oxford
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Aye. Even the man himself didn't know just how much he owed Benitez for making him into that top player. Heck, even at Atletico, he wasn't such great shakes but he could at least score 10 goals a season

14. ThatEndDown

ThatEndDown Member+

Dec 2, 2010
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The comms mentioned when Torres came on that he has not scored a goal in four months. He was already dropped from the Spain line-up for their friendly, so his chances for making the roster for the Euro look pretty slim.

15. demolitionlover

Jan 29, 2007
    Butte
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    New coach Terry Connor and Wolves did us a pretty big favor today, coming back from 2-0 down against Newcastle to draw.

16. Grinners89

Grinners89 BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 8, 2007
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    If you type Fernando Torres into the Wu Name Generator, it comes out with:

Big Gay Mule

In an immature way, I thought that was funny.

17. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    I heard one of the comms say he has more cards than goals.
    I think he has one more goal. Not sayin much though, is it?

18. B.A.

B.A. Member+

Sep 12, 2007
    IL
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought he looked decent a few weeks ago against United, even though didn't score. He had a beautiful cross on the Mata goal.

I was watching portions of Milan v. Juve this afternoon, and I really can't stand how far away from the field the fans are on the continent, even in the stadiums built specifically for the game. I love how they are right on top of the field in England.

19. poopoobigelow

poopoobigelow Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 3, 2007
    VA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Egypt
    speaking of, did anyone see how milan scored a clear goal that didn't count? muntari put the ball at least two feet over the line, bufon pulled it out and started a counter and every just kind of looked around confused...

20. B.A.

B.A. Member+

Sep 12, 2007
    IL
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I liked how they showed replay w/ the ref on the sideline who had a clear view of it and didn't do a damn thing.

Credit to Buffon for not missing a beat and playing on like nothing happened.

21. ThatEndDown

ThatEndDown Member+

Dec 2, 2010
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Le Arse are shite. I have no idea why Walcott sees playing time.

EDIT: No sooner do I say that then they score two in two minutes to equalize. I guess they need someone calling them shite on the internet in order to play well.

So.... Arsenal are fantastic! ;)

22. That Phat Hat

That Phat Hat Member+

Nov 14, 2002
    Just Barely Outside the Beltway
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Both goals created by Van Persie for a team that's otherwise bereft of ideas. Can't imagine where they'd be without him.

23. ThatEndDown

ThatEndDown Member+

Dec 2, 2010
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fighting relegation, possibly?

24. ThatEndDown

ThatEndDown Member+

Dec 2, 2010
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Van Persie again creating a goal for Arsenal, this time their 4th.

25. ThatEndDown

ThatEndDown Member+

Dec 2, 2010
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wonder if this is the start of Spurs' usual stumble. Currently down 5-2 against Arsenal after leading 2-0.