Team to watch in 2005

Discussion in 'College & Amateur Soccer' started by Frank Cunha, Nov 1, 2004.

1. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    Rutgers finish the season with a record of 6-8-4, the first time they will not play in the month of November in 28 years, but 24year coach Bob Reasso will be the team to watch in 2005, with 12 freshmen, 8 sophomores and 3 Juniors, all coming back next season

Saturday’s season-ending match marked the first time Rutgers will not play in the month of November in 28 years.

Despite the sub-.500 record – the first in head coach Bob Reasso’s 24-year tenure at Rutgers – with a roster of 12 freshmen, eight sophomores and three juniors, all expected to return next season, RU’s youthful squad will head into the 2005 campaign more experienced and determined to recapture the success of past years.

2. CollegeWatcher

CollegeWatcher New Member

Oct 25, 2004
    Sounds more like

the under classmen just didn't get it done, no? Could it have been a bad recruiting class this year? You expect with such a large class that there was anticipated some impact players coming in.

3. KR

KR New Member

Jan 5, 2000
    Rutgers is losing their best...who couldn't get it done this year

I agree. The underclassmen couldn't get it done this year despite having some good senior talent : Karz, Kirk, Schiavino and Mora. Herman was a transfer bust and now he'll be gone as well.

The underclassmen who remain include an outstanding GK, Ancin and good players in Labrocca, Koffeman, Gray and Simi. The rest are pretty much question marks. I see impact 5 players back. 11 players will be on the field so I don't expect much improvement in Rutger's record unless they go for an easier out of conference schedule in 2005.

4. RobtheAggie

RobtheAggie Member+

Sep 10, 2001
    Middle Georgia
    Club:
    Rochester Rhinos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think that Delaware will do much more next year, this is the first season that the team has had scholarships. South Florida should continue to improve also.