Team Support/Team Wiki Pages

Discussion in 'US Women's Lower Divisions' started by DeigoRedD, Mar 26, 2009.

1. DeigoRedD

DeigoRedD Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 28, 2004
    Fort Worth, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    One of the new features recently rolled out on BS is one where you can declare yourself a fan or a foe of specific teams. The W-League is one of the leagues whose teams have been included in this.

To declare yourself a fan of a team go to the following page:

https://www.bigsoccer.com/team.php?compid=367&confid=4

Select the team and click the fan or foe option.

This is the page that is also the team Wiki page hosted by BigSoccer. Once you've declared yourself a fan of the team you are able to help write the team's wiki page and/or to add an RSS feed to the headlines module and/or to add a bookmark to the bookmarks module.

Note on wiki pages: When this was being rolled out to Mods I tried to put basic info for up for as many of the teams as I could get to but ended up running out of time. So if there is nothing on your teams page yet, don't take it personally. While I was doing that I realized just how many W-League teams there are. :eek:

Also if anyone (it can be more than one) would like to be a featured blogger on their team page, they just have to click the helpdesk link (scroll down to the footer) and select "I want to blog". BS is looking to add featured bloggers to as many team pages as possible.

2. StarCityFan

StarCityFan BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 2, 2001
    Greenbelt, MD
    Club:
    Washington Freedom
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Are you going to differentiate between the Freedom's W-League and WPS teams? I note that the Washington page is oriented toward the WPS team even though it's in the W-League section, though at the same time the Jersey Sky Blue page focuses on the W-League team even though they don't have a W-League team now that they're in the WPS.

3. DeigoRedD

DeigoRedD Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 28, 2004
    Fort Worth, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    When I set both of those up I used the info about the W-League because the WPS options aren't yet available.

My guess is that someone has gone in and updated the page Freedom page to WPS information.

4. OnThePitch

OnThePitch New Member

Nov 27, 2005
    Sadly, at least 4 of those 11 teams have folded its W-league operation.