Team Songs/Chants

Discussion in 'Turkey' started by SoccerFan8270, Oct 23, 2003.

1. SoccerFan8270

SoccerFan8270 New Member

Oct 7, 2003
    Pennsylvania
    What team do you think has the best songs/chants?

2. gantelo

gantelo New Member

Aug 9, 2003
    Istanbul
    BJK fans are the best when it comes to creativity. they have the best chants. But the thing I like about them is their creativity, on and off the field. Not only the songs and chants.
    Once they gave fenerbahce fans a huge poster that writes, 'ortega is a coward' in Spanish for them to take it to the stands in Sukru Saracoglu and put it up so everyone could see it. They were pretending that they were actually fenerbahce fans but couldnt get into the game because they lost their tickets or the tickets were sold out. And those fenerbahce fans didnt know spanish so they had no idea about what was written on the poster and they trusted those people whom they thought were generous. Some believe that, it was the reason why Ortega left Fenerbahce. He saw fener fans calling him coward even though he was playing good.

3. SoccerFan8270

SoccerFan8270 New Member

Oct 7, 2003
    Pennsylvania
    I agree, Besiktas fans are very creative and I think that their songs/chants are very creative and are very entertaining. I think that they keep the fans in the game, which is an important concept...

4. Diego Londoño

Apr 4, 2000
    Medellín, Colombia
    what kind of songs can I listen in a turkish stadium? Is for special players or depending of the game? For example, in South America usually the songs are similar between two teams, the fans only change the team name. Is the same between Besiktas or Galatasaray for example?

5. molosztash

molosztash New Member

Aug 17, 2003
    Istanbul, Turkey
    Partially.

They generally change the lyrics of popular songs. Music is taken from them...

Also, they use the same song as well as club-special songs.

Every supporters use the "champion Fenerbahçem, (club name can be changed), tell me whatever you want, we can donate flags everywhere...." song.

But sometimes, supporters create their own lyrics last year's song for Besiktas: "Let's see you champion this year / Don't put us into tthe grave before we die / The coffin stone doesn't scare us / We love Besiktas to die for" Which is written after 7 years lack of championship.

Even sometimes, these songs can be special for only a match.

6. Diego Londoño

Apr 4, 2000
    Medellín, Colombia
    do you want to tell me more about the turkish fans? I wish to know the soccer culture in your country and differents things...

7. gantelo

gantelo New Member

Aug 9, 2003
    Istanbul
    They like to fight and prove they are the best supporters. But a lot of them is more like wannabe hooligans. You cant watch a game if you are sitting. You need to get up and sing those chants. If you dont, you can be in trouble. Two or three years ago, I`ve been in a Besiktas match and the leader of their fans threw the stick of the drum to me just because I wasn`t shouting like he wanted me to.
    And, I dont think football is very popular in Turkey because the Turkish people love football. France came to Turkey for a friendly in 1999 and just 6000 supporters attended to the game. And when a team like San Marino comes, there will be at least 30000 spectators.