Team Poster

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by VAsoccermom, Aug 17, 2005.

1. VAsoccermom

VAsoccermom New Member

Jun 21, 2005
    Alexandria, Virginia
    I know this is totally off every subject on this board, but does anyone know where you can get a DC United team picture?? There isn't one on the official site and I have been unable to find one. They take a team picture at every single game and I'll be doggone if I can find one of them. My 7 year old wants a DC United bedroom and I can't seem to track down a team photo to save my life, let alone anything MLS for kids rooms. Any suggestions?????

Thanks!!!

2. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
  3. K

K BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 16, 1999
    DC, Fake America
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They usually give posters away each year (I don't know about this year). Contact DCU directly, they could have old ones around.

K

4. Pints

Pints Member

Apr 21, 2004
    Charm City
    You could probably get one from Andy Mead but it would cost you a pretty penny probably. Not to mention he'll want to sleep on your couch.

5. VAsoccermom

VAsoccermom New Member

Jun 21, 2005
    Alexandria, Virginia
    How do I get in touch with him and how much is a pretty penny?? I have lots of pennys at home.... :D He doesn't snore or slobber in his sleep does he???? Don't think that will sit well with my husband anyway..... :D

Looks like I'll be giving DCU a call.....

6. VAsoccermom

VAsoccermom New Member

Jun 21, 2005
    Alexandria, Virginia
    I got your PM... I saw that mini poster, but I am looking for something current. I saw one in Brian Carroll's dads soccer store. It was last years team photo. Now that I think of it, I guess maybe I could ask him how to get a current one. :rolleyes: Considering he as connections and all.... ;)
    Thanks!!

7. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just threw away like 400 2003 team posters in my basement. There is usually one every year that they give away to the kids (and other of us fans), but I don't remember seeing one this year.
    Not sure what happens with the official game photos. Might find some on Matt Mathai's picture site. There is always one on the YCJ site, for each game they make it to (most of ours, they love our team) but it'll have a big "YCJ" superimposed over it if you try to print it.

8. Pints

Pints Member

Apr 21, 2004
    Charm City

Do a search for him on this site. He posts under his name. Send him a PM.
    Tell him his teams Lord and Masters sent you ;)

the YCJ site is his site.

9. Grasscutter

Grasscutter Member

Jan 21, 2003
    Atlantis
    Club:
    DC United
    Tell him to stop picking on Ben Olsen, while you're at it. His post about Ben being a crybaby really bugged me.

10. VAsoccermom

VAsoccermom New Member

Jun 21, 2005
    Alexandria, Virginia

OK.... poor poor Ben..... ;)

11. LN - Dougg

LN - Dougg Member

Aug 26, 2004
    Dale City, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    But the one that you get from Andy will only be for the starting 11. The one DC United gives away every year (not sure when either) has every single person of the roster (at that time.)

12. VAsoccermom

VAsoccermom New Member

Jun 21, 2005
    Alexandria, Virginia
    OK, I PMd Andy.....

Grasscutter, I told him to stop picking on Benny for you...... We'll see what happens.... If its just a shot of the starting 11, I'll take that.... then I'll call DCU and see if I can get one of the whole team. :D

Thanks!!!

13. Detective40oz

Detective40oz Member

Jun 16, 2000
    Fairfax, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    DC has had a team poster day every season as I actually collected a good number of them. I'm missing 97 and 2002, but I don't know why they wouldn't have a team poster day again for this season.

14. mutinywxgirl

mutinywxgirl Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 6, 1999
    St. Petersburg, FL
    IIRC, we used to give them out towards the end of the season down in Tampa. I would think that it's probably the same way in most cities. You may want to contact the Marketing Dept in the front office and see if they can give you an idea of when this will take place for this season.

15. rwhgeek

rwhgeek Member

Aug 5, 2002
    Richmond, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can't help you with the poster but I do have some extra swag floating around that I am willing to donate for a 7 year old's room.

I have the following:
    small plastic soccer ball bank w/DCU logo
    pepsi banger in bag DCU logos on one side Pepsi on the other
    yellow bandanna with soccer ball on it and DCU, Giant, Western Union logos
    united for DC keyring
    magnetic picture frame from MILO with all the MLS team

Let me know what you want and PM or email your address.

16. VAsoccermom

VAsoccermom New Member

Jun 21, 2005
    Alexandria, Virginia

Do you know the web address for his picture site???

17. Bwana

Bwana New Member

Oct 27, 2004
    Darnestown, MD
    It's here.

18. DeKo21DCU

DeKo21DCU New Member

Aug 11, 2003
    VA
    I might be crazy but I thought they already did the posters for this year. Or maybe the seasons are just melting together. I could have sworn my most recent one was given away this year.

19. VAsoccermom

VAsoccermom New Member

Jun 21, 2005
    Alexandria, Virginia
    Do you have any extra's??

20. VAsoccermom

VAsoccermom New Member

Jun 21, 2005
    Alexandria, Virginia
    Thanks.... Thats Andys site, do you know Matts??

21. Bwana

Bwana New Member

Oct 27, 2004
    Darnestown, MD
    That would be here.

22. MattMathai

MattMathai BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 28, 2004
    Annapolis
    Here's mine.

I've only taken one picture of the pre-game team pose (vs. Chivas) but I don't know if I posted it. If it isn't there, let me know and I can send it to you.

It isn't very good. I was late getting into position. (Damned inexperienced photographers!)

23. csc7

csc7 New Member

Jul 3, 2002
    DC
  24. Hunter R

Hunter R New Member

Jul 7, 2003
    Me, Myself and I
    Club:
    DC United
    I think that is the kid that won the Make A Wish foundation to be part of the squad for the day (CSN talked to him during the game). He sat on the bench, got a kick and warmed up with the team. Really great stuff.