Team of the Decade

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by Wile Coyote, Nov 15, 2004.

1. Wile Coyote

Wile Coyote Red Card

Sep 21, 2000
    Punta del Este, Uru.
    Club:
    Club Nacional de Football
    Regardless of who wins MLS Cup next year DC United will be the team of the first decade of MLS.. 4 league championships 2 US open Cups a concacrap er concacaf championship and the most important one of all the last Interamerica Cup winners.. thats only the team accompishments off the field DCU have been class act since day 1 true to their fans and this sport...
    you DCU fans have been lucky in every way....it could have been worst...NJ metro fans have been abused at the hands of their front office with lies and sad gimmicks and a total lack of respect for their already dwindeling fan base... or fans that have to endure teams being folded or fans wondering if their team will be still be playing in SJ... DCU is a true flagship team and the only other team is chicago that seem to do right by the fans and the sport...
    Its nice to win a championship but its even nicer to know that this team has been on the right track since day 1 regardless of how bad they were during a season or how many cups they racked up in 9 years..all thats left is a stadium and with a proven track record off the field its only a matter of time..

2. greatscott

greatscott Member+

Dec 21, 2002
    Richmond
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    woah this is a great post.
    i never really try to think about the mls world outside DC, its a scary place :(

3. Wile Coyote

Wile Coyote Red Card

Sep 21, 2000
    Punta del Este, Uru.
    Club:
    Club Nacional de Football
    DCU is the role model only Chicago is on par and maybe the Hunt owned teams are right below them but it seems every one else is a mess imagine how much better the league as a whole would be if every one had the same type of fantastic front office DC has...

4. Shark

Shark Member

Mar 12, 2004
    Leesburg, VA

I refuse to imagine such a "bizzaro world"

I'm not listening....I'm not listening....I'm not listening.

I'm in my happy place now.

5. Ricky_DCU

Ricky_DCU New Member

Feb 1, 2001
    Somerville, MA
    We've only won the US Open Cup once- in '96. But don't worry, next year we'll win the double!