News: Team News VIII 2008/2009

Discussion in 'Bayern Munich' started by ForeverRed, Apr 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deleted

deleted Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    beckenbauer is clearly senile, haha

2. Duncan Idaho

Duncan Idaho Member+

Aug 19, 2005
    Germany
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

Agreed on all points. Especially the first one, we had to experience on a three year basis that nationa team performances by players don't mean shit for the club. And I'm more than thankful that this special nightmare ended. Though MvB is a different case as he did not end up as a complete failure, Bayern fans were able to see on a week to week in the past two years basis that MvB is not up for the job as DM.
    More importantly this impression resulted in a much more defensive setup than LvG is trying to impose. A rhomb formation is much more offensive than last two years formation with two DMs, but also much more vulnerable when the ball gets lost. I don't want to act as 'doomsayer' or something like that, but I'm deeply concerned about the defensive performance in the upcoming season and that I could very well turn out that Bayern is going the Bremen way

3. Duncan Idaho

Duncan Idaho Member+

Aug 19, 2005
    Germany
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    seconded

4. Equilibrium

Equilibrium Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    None of your busines
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    We could of made quarters if we played Villareal or Arsenal last year instead of Barca, you never know. We are a bit stronger this summer, who knows. I could see us going to the semi-finals, we could also fail in the group stage if we aren't careful.

5. Duncan Idaho

Duncan Idaho Member+

Aug 19, 2005
    Germany
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    and Bayern could very well have encountered Barca around earlier as Lyon did who only got second in the group by losing 2:3 at home to Bayern in the last group game. Overall this is nonsense speculation about "ifs" and "whens" that don't lead anywhere.

6. nekkibasara

nekkibasara Member+

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Beckenbauers all-time best bayern 11 :p

---------------Rensing-------------
    Lell-------Breno-----Braafheid---Goerlitz
    ---------------Ottlinho---------------
    -------MvB--------------Schweini-----
    ---------------Mueller----------------
    ------------Ollic-----Sene-------------

Barcalona must be quaking in their boots thinking about facing a dominating force like that :cool:

7. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

Lol..that there was no one worse than Rensing but then I saw MvB and Schweini were in your line-up as well...lolololol.

8. Equilibrium

Equilibrium Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    None of your busines
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    My point is we might have ended up being on the semi-final with a worse team than the one we have, which is why his comment isn't too bad. That team being better than the one in the 70s makes me laugh though, it's not as good as the one in 99-01 either or some other ones.

9. shealygg

shealygg Member

Jul 5, 2008
    South Carolina
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    And why brag about spending more money than ever when a good portion of that money is sitting on the bench at the moment (ie, Tymo and Baumjohan)....and we've regularly used "pull ups" from the reserve squad (ie, Badstuber and Mueller).

10. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Sorry folks, time to close this thread. New one will be opened soon.