Team News 2018-2019

Discussion in 'Borussia Moenchengladbach' started by kgilbert78, May 14, 2018.

1. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    borderland, Maas drainage basin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    haha, Eberl fooled us (and especially the media-bunch) real good, I like that!
    Stefan Lainer, a Rose-disciple, is coming

https://www.borussia.de/english/tea...=43907&cHash=688463b4b89ece2b258e5cdcaa54a319
    https://www.transfermarkt.de/stefan-lainer/profil/spieler/85791

I raher expected someone for the left side.... didn't see this coming
    and he surely isn't a bargain buy... that's very interesting, Eberl recently told that they have to act smart and budget the transfermoney in order to get the NUMBER! of players they want to sign... that sounds like we can expect more than just Claude-Maurice (f.e.) in the next days/weeks...

HANS-GUNTER BRUNS and LuckyStriker repped this.
  2. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Favorite club? a German one..........
    Apr 14, 2010
    in exile-Statute of Limitations yet to expire
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Interesting on ACM.................rags say Borussia bid 8 m. Wet Spam at 15 and-best of all-Farsenal @ 17.8. Kid told Lorient "not my issue, I want BMG." Grunter's social media going crazy saying: " I can't believe he turned us down for such a lowly club-how we have fallen!"

I hope they fall right off the face of the planet........................

Not to feel so bad Londoners, kid prefers Germany to England. I certainly understand that!

The gap in price would concern me though. French would be incentivized to wait for another Buli club with more funds to take the F off their hands for a fairer fee?????

Good news on the RB squared. They need players, and lots of them..................

Before I'd pop a cork, I'll wait for the results of the thorough medical...........................

Bananenflanke and HANS-GUNTER BRUNS repped this.
  3. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  4. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    :)

Attached Files:

5. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Smart move...this guy can give us a true face lift...i cant wait to see Rose send in his troops on the pitch proper!
    after all klopp is not human...an alien from another planet..so when he approcesrose well NUFF SAID o_O:D:thumbsup::ROFLMAO:

6. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    I'll only call this smart if we get an equivalent on the other side, too ;-)

they say he's sharp, a fighter, a workhorse, speedy and d-y-n-a-m-i-c!!!
    I didn't see Lang as bad as many (who think he's gonna leave now) but 'dynamic' isn't exactly the first thing you think of when you hear his name
    I guess Rose is thinking of fullbacks (or wingbacks!) who manage to b-o-o-s-t the game from the side and who are able to stand high and grab the opponent's ball in an early stadium... so you see: we definitely need one of them on the other side, too! ;-)

LuckyStriker repped this.
  7. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    this price-thing in modern soccer makes me woozy all the time
    how do media know all this figures?
    on german videotext I read there is a buy-out clause because Lorient didn't make it to the 1st tier... but why are there different bids when there is a clause??? maybe the club just pledged to go into negotiations if an appropriate offer comes in???

however: I want Claude... he looks d-y-n-a-m-i-c.... that's what I'm going for at this point in time
    everytime somebody tells me about a potentially new player I ask: Is he d-y-n-a-m-i-c? really? you sure! ;-)

new (actually pretty old but heavily prettied up!) rumor: Embolo

8. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Apr 14, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How do they know anything? Fascinating stuff if you really think about it.

Agents, obviously-but also clubs have their PR/spin machines as well. Newspapers are all but dead here-and can't even be relied upon to do their jobs anymore. They have different agendas..............

Still; it seems in Europe they manage to put out "breaking soccer news" across the continent daily-and in terms of something they hadn't come up with before that implies a rather daunting task for them and their usual....."sources".

It's how I figured out how to easily identify them in a crowd though-so in the end it did have a bright side.

Soccer ITK's can be spotted readily now as those with the longest arms.

They need them to reach up their ___ and pull out new bullshit by each day's deadline.............................................

9. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    U21 EC:

Poulsen: not used
    Nmecha: got some minutes in the 2nd match (not very telling), like Thuram a player with 'body'
    Neuhaus: came in in the half-time of the 1st match and immediately added structure to the team's play
    started 2nd match and showed his skills... our ex-player Thomas Broich (who was best buddy of Kasey Keller back then) was co-commenting the match and was raving all the time about Neuhaus "his ball control is a joy to watch" "the timing of his passing game is awesonme" etc and he spoke about how Neuhaus is understanding 'space' in soccer... a few minutes later U21 coach Kuntz (the English always laughed when the heard his name) basically told the same
    the German midfield is really fun to watch: our ex-player Dahoud impressed with his offensive skills but overall I still have my old doubts: his game hasn't essentially ripened I think
    Broich: "he is always between genius and lunacy"
    Dahoud that typically is: one or two thrilling moves, next a naive error (Broich: "He really has to improve on this") when in last defensive line, next a stunning goal, next the cause of unneccessary penalty and so on...

watching Thuram (and Sarr!) right now...

10. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Apr 14, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Man Shitty trying to move in on Nico with a 35 m pound bid so I read........................

11. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    #112 Bananenflanke, Jun 24, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2019
    yes, over here, too... first heard in february... no wonder... Borussia was successfull and Elvedi sometimes extraordinary good... then it went downhill: for the club and for Elvedi...
    don't know if they warmed up this or if Pepchester is getting serious now
    with Pep it's always the passing-ratio!
    surely wouldn't sell for less than 40M given his age and the many many matches he has already played on top level (Bundesliga AND internationally!, not that much players around) and 2year his contract... anyhow: 5 millions more or less don't matter to the newly rich soccer capitalists at all, right? why not donate to a good cause: BORUSSIA!

quite an ongoing transfer-farce regarding Embolo yesterday and today... in media and forums at least: yes, they'll sign him, no, they don't, he failed the medical, they're just faking negotiations and so on...
    (but it seems to be clear that Borussia and S04 have talked about him)
    nothing new regarding Claude-Maurice & Sarr & Thuram (I guess he's out of our reach); Trossard set to sign for Brighton...

12. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Apr 14, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My phone tells me the story is BMG wanted to check his health, passed the test and are talking to Schalke-Selter now but........:unsure:

13. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    #114 Bananenflanke, Jun 26, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2019
    seems Embolo is still wearing blue when training starts at the Borussia Park on sunday!
    but most likely it's Borussia-blue... funny thing, right?
    acc. to EXPRESS the lightblue away-kits of the 70s & 80s are gonna be reissued

so, I think we'll never know about the financial circumstances but I'm pretty sure the transfer fee is shockingly low (from a S04-supporter's point of view) and the included bonuses shockingly high (from a Borussia-supporter's point of view) which of course has to do with Embolo's medical record

the sharp-tongued mockers say Eberl is going to add a new species of permanent patient to his already impressive collection, the more optimistic mockers think Borussia is just putting their new medical department to the acid test...
    but a lot of people seem to be very optimistic, being very sure that the risk is manageable (no chronic muscle weakness etc, just 'bones' ;-); they're full of expectation that we'll field a buffalo-herd in the frontline which will pulverize every defense no matter how steadfast

back then when Embolo (or his management) chose S04 (always a sucker's move! when will they ever learn?) above Gladbach I wasn't that depressed... they said he was one of the biggest striker-promises of all... I watched him at the EC 2016 and the Iong-lasting memory I have is that of impetuosity... he entered the field and started to run down all his opponents... what shall I say: the refs weren't pleased! and his technical skills didn't fit the tag media etc put on him I thought...

but that was then and now is now: it's 2019 and I guess he learned and Rose is getting his tactical behaviour right anyway (the fact he isn't exactly a player for combination-soccer will probably remain that way; finishing isn't top-notch either)
    he has body, speed, stamina and attitude... I think he is exceptionally well-suited for pressing
    well, him pushing into the centre from the right and Plea from the left and wide-backs 'falling in' behind the opponent's defense when necessary while the centre-midfield is holding the pressure high: that could be the plan... at least it's in my fantasy ;-)
    Hecking often was horizontal, Rose will be vertical (ok, that's simply put)...

14. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    wow, fellow friends of the beautiful game, what's going on?
    acc. to AZ (reliable!) it's not only Embolo, it's THURAM, too!
    seems Eberl has reached a new level of persuasion
    I'm not able to sit down anymore, I'm typing while standing ;-)
    we're gonna score more goals than last season, that's for sure ;-)
    defense, left side is Eberl's only remaining task, they say

anyway, welcome to both!
    and Elvedi is never gonna leave this season, ROSE+HIS SWISS BUDDIES+OFFENSIVE POWER: that easily surpasses the Pep-factor...

15. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Apr 14, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Indeed.

Tangentially:

a). please tell me Zakaria isn't leaving (the 1 they had I thought would be a great fit in the new scheme)

b). how bad off is Stindl ? (I wondered about the fit even w/o considering the injury)

16. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    a) Rose must be a really bad coach if he only finds one to fit ;-)
    but yes, everybody thinks that Zak is a key figure in Rose's plans
    (and maybe that's one of the reason why Eberl let Hecking go: to offer young, promising players a fresh prospect and make them stay)
    at end of the season Zak was linked to D'mund (like hundreds of others who didn't go underground ;-) ... without being forced to comment he told that he doesn't want to leave Gladbach!
    there are ongoing rumors about one of our silverware could be leaving but only Elvedi, Ginter and Plea are mentioned (I think they all stay but you'll never know)

b) I don't know! two heavy injuries in a short time and at an advanced age... a fair question! in my view he's a fit IF he recovers well
    admittedly he was in a slump before he became injured but overall he proved many times that he's flexible and smart... his sense of space in soccer is very good, he can 'read' a game, he's a strong runner and he knows where and when to thwart the opponent's built-up-play at an early stage by blocking their passing ways... I guess Rose is gonna make use of that because it's key to his 'philosophy'!
    like Neuhaus (or Dahoud) Stindl isn't remarkably swift but like them he's able to make the game fast and this combined with physical swift players should pose a threat... it seems Rose is planning to field two centre-strikers (which also go wide for a change): could mean Plea, Embolo & Thuram sharing the job and Stindl rather rarely playing in frontline
    my best guess: he's playing withdrawn on the "10" in the diamond with Cuisance and Raffa as contenders (maybe Neuhaus too, but I assume he more frequently is one of the two on "8"; Embolo could play behind Plea and Thuram, too)... Stindl's shooting technique is very good and he has the right touch for goals (that's Neuhaus' weakness, he's always trying lobs) ... when the strikers go wide or 'fasten' the balls or let them bounce Stindl is perfect to be the second wave which brings it home ;-)

bye, France-Spain (U21) is on (Thuram and Sarr aren't starting)

17. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Our guy Neuhaus is in the final of the U21 EC ;)

18. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    don't think they gonna win it
    Spain wiped the floor with France (which are quite strong)
    in the last two matches Neuhaus wasn't as striking as before (and not as striking as Dahoud)
    Nmecha came in for Neuhaus (80th) but most likely a Nmecha-move to Borussia is off the table (if it ever was ON)...

19. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    AZ in today's morning paper is still and once again dropping Sarr's name..
    Schneiders is an integer journalist who doesn't tend to make things up
    I'm pretty sure Borussia and Sarr have agreed on the 'future'
    and Borussia and Nice are quite close to do this I guess (France's U21 being sent home from Spain and Sarr not playing at all against them might be of help for Borussia)

acc. to AZ Borussia lost interest in Trossard some time ago because of the 20M price tag wich premiership powerhouse Brighton *cough* at the end was willing to pay... Eberl opted to sign Embolo PLUS Thuram for the same amount ... and Rose doesn't need this kind of player anyway I assume...

acc. to AZ Embolo was signed for roughly 10M (+4M bonuses in the case he's gonna 'shine' at Gladbach) and he accepted loss of pay... (no source I found mentioned a transfer fee higher than 12M... sounds good... if reliable)

AZ quotes Eberl: "We're not running after the marching band anymore we're running in front of it." huh? didn't know him this way...

acc. to KICKER Borussia is getting 5M out of Sow's move to F'furt and Schulz' move to D'mund... that's the modern soccer world: you earn money without being directly involved...

20. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    we are opening against S04 at home!
    two goals from Embolo and the Schalkefamily bliss is already going out of the window (stadium) ;-)
    next:
    Mainz (A)
    Leipzig (H)
    Goattown (A)

good news: it's official! Christensen is coming back!
    agonal gasps all over
    his current team is coming to Gladbach for season's opening on August, 3rd

bad news: Hertha has attracted a 125M investor
    air in the upper half of the table is getting thinner, Borussia has to act smart (I'm optimistic)

21. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    the Embolo transfer finally is approved
    we do not only sign players from the same country... or the same city ... we sign players from the same street! (Embolo and Xhaka grew up in the same street)
    when Embolo was a youth player he was ballboy and stood behind Sommer's goal
    when he was injured Roger Federer sent him a video... which brings me to a tiny tiny moodkiller: actually he - quite unsurprisingly ;-) - is injured again so it's not very likely that we'll see him score against Schalke in August :-(
    (he's joining training not until the end of july they assume)

Marco Rose is in the house! RP spoke to him today:

Mr. Rose, Borussia has signed Breel Embolo from Schalke 04 - why did you want this player?
    "We want a change of style and he brings along the dynamic and power you need for this. That is only part of the truth. Because in the talks I also found that Breel is a really good guy who is very ambitious and wants to prove why he is seen as a potential top player. We also wanted to get soccer-smart guys."
    But Embolo was recently also very prone to injury.
    "There are opportunities and risks with each transfer and I see the opportunities first and foremost. For him a lot of things went wrong on Schalke but we see something in him. It's important we do not expect him to fully perform right from the start and as a result put a huge backpack on him."

about Stefan Lainer: "Stevie is a force of nature. He's also a really solid footballer who has an incredible mentality, he's not destructible. Especially in the final phase of a game he has often made the difference in Salzburg. And he also can still develop further."

about Beyer: "a huge talent I want to develop further" ... "We have a tight program and I'll make sure that I load the players adequately."
    about Lang (online-translator says his name is 'Long', I'm confused ;-) : "I told him that it may be difficult for him if Stefan Lainer and Jordan Beyer are fit. But if he comes back after his vacation and trains better than the others, he will play."

Which football do you want to see in Gladbach in the future? Which principles are important?
    "We want to defend forward instead of running backwards, we want to go into the counter pressing and retrieve the ball as fast as possible. But that does not mean that we are solely attacking, we will interpret it in a way that it will be as successful as possible."

22. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Apr 14, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #123 LuckyStriker, Jun 28, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2019
    I was told awhile back that Berlin was the sleeping giant if they were ever able to attract the right investor.

On Embo-lism tm- :because something inside him always seems to be bursting..........................

Is the latest setback something they knew about, or something that just happened?

Edit:

...the work with the young players: I’m really excited about players such as Michaël Cuisance and Laci Bénes.:) In Salzburg I also worked with quite a few young players. I’ve already met Laci and he’s a bright spark. We want to try and nurture these players and push them further. Things are relatively simple with me: if the young players show me that they likely need some time and to stay back a bit, and if they understand that they need to work hard to earn their appearances, then the door and goal are both open to them.

...Breel Embolo: Breel brings dynamism, power and momentum. I have spoken with him and saw that he is also a really good person. He is very ambitious and wants to prove that he should be considered a top player. He had a hard time at Schalke and was very unlucky there with injuries. Borussia have known of him for quite a while and wanted to sign him back in 2016. At that time he was still playing in the Number 8 and Number 10 roles as well as playing as a striker. That shows that he has a great footballing quality to his game. He is a good player but also a developing player that we have decided to take on. As a result we shouldn’t put high expectations on him straight away. He still has a small injury after a blow to his foot, which he is being treated for at the moment. We’re hoping that he will improve in the next few days with some running training and that he will soon be fit enough to complete full .

* Love this guy already........now for Villaba................................:cool:

23. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    I still (he signed in the summer of '16!) don't know what to make of Benes.
    what's his best position? 10?
    or is he the highly desireable option on "6"? I have no money but this most likely would be the position to put it on ;-)
    what about "8" (LM)?
    how good is his strategic thinking? with Kiel he had 6! assists in 16 games (only 2, let's say 3 over the full distance... could have been more)
    it seems he has played on all three postions over there
    it has to be his season, otherwise he has to go one step back for some time and leave Borussia to keep his career alive, I'm afraid

Cuisance took a deep fall into... what exactly?
    last summer the supporters voted him the player of the season (which, of course, was due to his performance which gave rise to the finest future perspectives but also because each and almost every of the established players disappointed), this summer SOME people are already lowering their thumb!
    he did a stupid thing I heard (which happens when you are young) but then did another stupid thing topping the first thing... that's when some people start to ask if he actually IS stupid... then I heard rumors he might be a little bit haughty and might have a tendency to overestimate himself what didn't always went well with the team
    but that's all hearsay!!!!
    when he came in as a substitute the last months he had a tendency to do flashy things which most of the time didn't help the team at all: some say he's immature and selfish, others say he is courageous and not satisfied with the team's sleeping car soccer ... as often the truth is somewhere in the middle I guess
    I don't know him personally but Eberl and Rose (soon) do! I guess with some help he's getting his shit together and the perspectives (from above) are getting r-e-a-l... I still feel confident that he is gonna be an important part of the 'new' Borussia

Xhaka on Instagram: "Finally he [Embolo] understood where you have to go. There is only one club in Northrhine-Westphalia."

24. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Depends on who melts first. Very VERY hot in Europe right now. 114 in France yesterday...