Team News 2018-2019

Discussion in 'Borussia Moenchengladbach' started by kgilbert78, May 14, 2018.

1. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Season hasent started yet and many key players are injured.And now please ad IBO T to that injury list.I dont follow much other team news ..but is this shiiiiyat happen in other clubs,specially for back to back seasons...or its a curse Die Fohlen need to endure for some weird reason???
    Really like the white kits...totally reminds me of our glory days.
    But dont like that the training gear etc lacks the PUMA logo ( like it used to back in the 70's/80's) on the reverse of the gear?
    If only erdgas would also come back!!!!

:eek:o_O:speechless::cautious::alien::devilish:

@lucky
    Your obviously following everything on the other end and side of line.....do u think they will shake hand's behind closed door's...or the roaches are finally seeing their evil empire sinking to the bottom of the ocean???

2. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Season hasent started yet and many key players are injured.And now please ad IBO T to that injury list.I dont follow much other team news ..but is this shiiiiyat happen in other clubs,specially for back to back seasons...or its a curse Die Fohlen need to endure for some weird reason???
    Really like the white kits...totally reminds me of our glory days.
    But dont like that the training gear etc lacks the PUMA logo ( like it used to back in the 70's/80's) on the reverse of the gear?
    If only erdgas would also come back!!!!

:eek:o_O:speechless::cautious::alien::devilish:

@lucky
    Your obviously following everything on the other end and side of line.....do u think they will shake hand's behind closed door's...or the roaches are finally seeing their evil empire sinking to the bottom of the ocean???

3. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Favorite club? a German one..........
    Apr 14, 2010
    in exile-Statute of Limitations yet to expire
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My friend:
    I can only rely on what the Gatekeepers have told us.
    If they fail in their promises to us, we will not allow them to control the narrative much longer. Let me say so far I am impressed with their progress......

2 promises they made. 2 promises we hold them to:

1). Those who have the courage to know will find the horrible truth before it ends.

2). Nobody who played the game gets a free pass. Nobody...........................................

Pain!!!!!!!!:devilish:

Meanwhile; head down. Eyes on. Sounds like this is about to hit home for you in ways beyond what you should already be seeing on the ground.

HANS-GUNTER BRUNS repped this.
  4. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have no idea what you guys are talking about here...

5. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Apr 14, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nor should you-and Naz knows enough to keep it off the main channel. Prolly just got a bit amped and forgot where he was..............

* and please feel free to delete both responses, I'd even be grateful if you did.

6. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I do not have Mod powers....

7. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Apr 14, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    all good. Let it die here. We both made a mistake, and apologize to any concerned. Private comms should stay private. Won't happen on my part again. I think we both forgot where we were for a minute. A great deal at stake for both of us.

8. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    sorry my friend.Just a quick shift in tactics and formation on the pitch for the new season.
    this dies here.

9. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Tried to delete...but cant:(

10. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Ken my apologies...it was about a convo i had with Lucky last summer.And on the wrong page..

11. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    borderland, Maas drainage basin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    I surely didn't expect to see what I saw
    especially given the fact that the Saints' season starts next week already
    for 2/3 of the game (before several thousands substitutions ruined the flow and the team shifted into 'maintenance'-mode) Southampton looked like a badly paid sparring partner
    were we that good or the opponent that bad? good speed, good aggressiveness (winning 1on1s and second balls), total control in midfield, some good combinations (even on-touch-soccer once in a while: hallelujah!), technical finesse (Neuhaus' chipped ball) and good finishing (ok, at least better than last season)... the team really did well!
    and this despite the fact that Raffa and Neuhaus had better games in pre-season
    Jantschke did well in central defense... he was a considerable CB-option for Favre, he should be one for Hecking, too

Strobl: there are certainly more agile & skilled players than him but he brings in qualities our agile & skilled players often lack ;-)
    Egbo: what do you mean, his sprawling discussions at throw-ins? ;-))) I really hope he's gonna make it because apparently he is a reasonable and likable guy who is impeccaby well-integrated (like Yeboah was, both in the meantime speak better German than some Germans ;-)))) but it seems the much younger Beyer is ahead of him at the moment... it's NOW or NEVER for Egbo (Lang out for longer, Jantschke clearly not the offensive fullback Hecking is prefering right now, Beyer totally unexperienced)
    Pleá: too early to get concerned but he looks like an alien element at the moment
    Ibra: "it's become clear to me his soft tissues are made of paper mache"... well said!
    Oxford: showed up at the locker room on Saturday... even was with the Borussia-supporters during the game they say... now one might add one and one together...

12. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    from saintsweb (forum):

+ In the words of the mighty, Half Man Half Biscuit... Supercalifragilistic Borussia Mönchengladbach.

+ LOL nice shot of a bunch of bright red, half naked Germans and their beer bellies there..

same thought here ;-)

+ Three slow CBs at the back maybe gives us a false sense of security? Seems like any turnover with the fullbacks out of position is going to leave us vulnerable almost every time.
    + With the pace of our CBs our midfield has to improve to close the ball down effectively
    + In the words of the mighty, Half Man Half Biscuit... Supercalifragilistic Borussia Mönchengladbach.
    + Vestergaard was a signing for the sake of a signing. Him alongside Hoedt is a car crash - both slow as hell.

it seems they have already figured out why Borussia took the money and let Veste go... he's a good addition to an usually deep standing defense but what Borussia is (hopefully) trying to do do this season is quite the opposite... unless Elvedi becomes unavailable...

+ BM are so much more energetic (and technically accomplished on this evidence). They remind me a bit of us under Poch - not really star-studded, but playing with a very clear strategy & identity.
    + So true and again a team with less resources players on lower pay and one whom we just stripped of allegededly their best centre back look so much more better than us across the park and also i should add a team weeks behind us in early season preparation
    + Exactly they are a vastly better side on a lower budget with lower salaries and two weeks less peparation
    That is exactly what is worrying!

well, this is only pre-season and only a snapshot but it sounds good to me! ;-)

13. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Apr 14, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There's work to do for BMG, Saints are not the standard. Still it was nice to see some I never get to. West Ham fans are ready to let Reece go if the money is right. They now think he's a bust who has his head in the wrong place. I'd have my head in the place that played me as well. What his ceiling may ultimately be........his floor is that his limbs seem to be working !

14. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Ibo and Long ( the enw swiss guy) are the main concerns for me...they both could create positive impact from get go...but both are gone till further notice...lets hope the new ortho/physio guy hired is as good as they claim he is!
    o_Oo_O:eek::eek::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::ninja::ninja::rolleyes::rolleyes:

15. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    ok, pre-season is over
    sometimes pre-season indicates what is ahead of us... and sometimes pre-season is just ... pre-season!... and totally meaningless...
    still, my impression so far:
    the team still seems to be unable to perform two good games in a row
    if we face a team which keeps a respectful distance (like Southampton) we look fine... if we face a team with good aggression AND good ball control (like Espanol) we suffer!

a month ago I asked for:
    "a) mentality (Grifo OUT, Lang IN, the Füllkrug-attempt, more to come?)
    b) speed (Veste, Boba OUT, Bennetts IN, more to come?)
    c) offensive 1on1s... players who can dribble or at least get past a defender on their own!"

any progress so far?
    a) Strobl is back but Veste is gone... Lang (injured) seems to be the only (obvious) improvement in this regard... unless Hecking is able to squeeze out more will to win from the existing squad! (I'm not counting on it)... then again it never is/was about mentality... says Kramer! (while I admit that mentality often gets a little bit overemphasized in supporter's circles I think -in our case- Chris is plain wrong)
    b) Johnson is back; Bennetts joined (most likely not a starter) but no further improvement since then...
    c) Pléa hasn't arrived yet (figuratively)... any improvement is up to the players on "8" (Cuisance, Neuhaus, Hofmann)... Johnson & Herrmann aren't good at this; Bennetts & Traoré most likely aren't getting much playing time (for different reasons)
    and furthermore we kept ALL the injury-prone players!

Eberl & Hecking wanted to leave no stone unturned during the summerbreak... it seems they put most of the stones right back in place... yes, we all knew right from the start that the reconstruction of a squad takes time (usually more than ONE transfer period) because you can't terminate existing contracts at discretion... and in some way the sluggish season was more about the whole than about the parts
    still, a little bit disappointing the whole thing!

the only recent addition who seems to be match-fit right now is Neuhaus... and the only one with a reliable goal instinct at the moment seems to be... Drmic!... things need time but unfortunately Hecking needs results right from the start...

not to speak of all the tactical odds and ends... which in modern soccer often make the difference... I'm battling in my amateur-head whether the 4-3-3 is gonna work or not:
    Johnson on the right and Herrmann/Hazard on the left? this leaves Raffa + Pléa + Stindl + Drmic for the center position... a little bit crowded this spot! of course we could play in the good old Favre style with no 'real' wingers! Pléa + Raffa + Hazard f.e.... but who's providing the width in this case? when backed up by two! players on "8"? unload all this this onto Wendt and Beyer/Egbo/and later Lang? I'm already sorry for them! ;-)))
    of course Stindl & Raffa could move back on the "8"... the thing is: Zak, Cuisance, Neuhaus & Hofmann (even Benes) are already waiting there... no matter who Hecking sends on the field: in the center we are definitely wasting talent on the bench!
    4-3-3?: three in front PLUS two on "8" PLUS a high standing defense with attacking full backs? looks like exhilarating welcome news to counterattack-teams... I hear (and like!) the message well, but lack faith's constant trust...
    yes, we should perhaps stop thinking in 'systems' and all this hasn't to be thought of in a static manner but I'm kind of lacking the phantasy... such things need countless training sessions, smart and quick thinking players and a lot of dedication... is Hecking really one of the fine-tuning-coaches?

and finally defense: two pillars out for the first matches... a totally unexperienced Wendt-back up and two totally unexperienced Lang-backups... Jantschke as CB (he did well under Favre)? he has soccer intelligence but like Veste he's not the ideal cast for a high standing defense (too slow! I see cards coming)... and when Elvedi is match-fit we gain the needed speed but he certainly has to improve his heading and reduce his positional errors AND has to gel with Ginter...

so, I might be more sceptical as regarded as healthy but there are a lot of unanswered questions and risk factors right now... maybe we get lucky... or our talents grow up fast... or the other teams struggle with even more of this ;-))))

p.s.
    NO Herrmann-transfer
    most likely NO Oxford-transfer

p.p.s.
    any interest in a simple tipster competition before season starts? which place is Borussia gonna finish? best Scorer etc. ... that kind of thing... maybe roundabout 10-15 questions... I set something up if 5 (or more) are interested...

16. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  17. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Gladbacher does not frustrate in the Bundesliga
    Neuhaus holds its ground - "Zwiespalt" against Bayern
    http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/...-behauptet-sich---zwiespalt-gegen-bayern.html

Florian Neuhaus lets Borussia Mönchengladbach follow Friedhelm Funkel's words from the summer. There is a small family dilemma in the upcoming away match against Bayern.

[​IMG]
    Stand on four of the six Bundesliga matchdays in Gladbach's starting eleven: Florian Neuhaus.
    © imago[​IMG]
    Not only with the best wishes for his further career Friedhelm Funke passed in the summer midfield talent Florian Neuhaus. Although the Düsseldorf coach would like to keep the 21-year-olds even further with the Fortuna. At the same time, however, the experienced coach was also aware that Neuhaus would also go his way with a top team like Borussia Mönchengladbach.

"Florian has a quality that hardly any other midfielder in the Gladbach squad has, he also brings enormous rank with", Funkel had said in the summer. It was already clear to the Dusseldorfers that they had no chance to borrow the talent from Borussia Mönchengladbach for more than a year. Because Neuhaus matured into one of the top midfielders of the second league, and it seemed only a matter of time, when he would prevail in a very strong squad like the Mönchengladbacher.

Neuhaus knows how to read a game
    Despite fierce competition Neuhaus has won his place in the team and claimed and already made a powerful impression as a strong eighth with train to the gate. A player who goes deep, also strong in the combination game, and with the ability to read the game and to emerge in the dangerous spaces near the opponent's goal.

Four times in the Bundesliga in the starting eleven, two appearances, a kicker average score of 3.0: Neuhaus is by no means alienating in the new environment in the circle of significantly higher-value co-opponent and opponent. In Dieter Hecking's 4-3-3, he plays an important role as eighth, threading the goals of colleagues Plea and Hazard, for example, in the 3-1 home win against Frankfurt.

In Munich, the family is in conflict
    He would have to grow physically, said Neuhaus before his first Bundesliga season, "but from the period in the 2nd league I have already taken a lot in terms of robustness." Neuhaus has already recommended, but also knows strong competitors such as Kramer, Zakaria, Cuisance and Hofmann around, soon also Lars Stindl, who may also be eligible for the eighth position in question.

On Saturday, when the foals compete with leaders Bayern Munich, the Neuhaus family is in a conflict. Florian, born in Landsberg am Lech, was trained as a "Blauer" in the sixties, his father is Bayern Munich fan. However, Florian Neuhaus will not pay any attention to this on Saturday in case of doubt.

;):eek::D:thumbsup::ninja::devilish::alien::alien:

18. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Hats off to Eintracht ,they steam rolled those italian chumps from Rome fair n square last night...and made me upset thinking about how we got kicked out of Europe by their hands despite our great squad back then and Mr.Favre's so called "Genius" coching...anybody remember Juan's free kick and how he ghosted lazio's goalie and their entire defensive line?????

;):D:p:thumbsup::rolleyes::eek::devilish::devilish::alien::ninja::ninja:

19. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  20. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Apr 14, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ya know............maybe Doucoure really needs to consider the soccer bit at this point :rolleyes:.........or maybe go in for a thigh transplant..............

21. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    You can also add Ibo Traore to that list...seems like he is injured again,seems like its not in the card's for him!
    :thumbsdown::cry:o_O:(:whistling::confused::confused::confused:

22. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Apr 14, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, they can all go. BMG needs players available who can stay available.
    The best ability in sports is avail-ability.
    Far too many of these guys lack it.

23. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    On point,but seems there is some mysterious hands at work as well...never seen so many young healthy players under the same roof with legendary chronic musculoskeletal injuries...lets not forget Dominguez btw either and so many others!!!!
    :cautious::cautious::eek::eek::whistling::whistling::mad::mad::devilish::ninja::alien:

24. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    So my first guess about Marco Rose went terribly wrong...Drmic has been dismissed...i was very sure he was the type of player Rose would like to have next to him in battle but..????:speechless::thumbsdown::sick::(:ninja::cautious::cautious:

25. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Apr 14, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why am I "mildly encouraged" by this? Norwich get their bid accepted?