Team Name

Discussion in 'Archives: CD Chivas USA' started by socceriscoolusa, Nov 1, 2003.

1. SteveUSSF_ref8

SteveUSSF_ref8 Member+

United States
    Oct 25, 2010
    Sun City, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Because no one in LA cares about the Aztecs name. Besides the Aztecs trademark is owned by the NASL.

2. SteveUSSF_ref8

SteveUSSF_ref8 Member+

United States
    Oct 25, 2010
    Sun City, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Krusso you are a freak'n idiot.

aetraxx7 repped this.
  3. It's called FOOTBALL

LMX Clubs
    Mexico
    May 4, 2009
    Chitown
    He's on point, his idea is the best name for this team.

CTS26 and krusso repped this.
  4. krusso

krusso Member

Aug 13, 2008
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    #104 krusso, Mar 13, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2014
    Club Deportivo Los Angeles.

Lovin' it!!! And some are hatin' on me, but they're still talking about me! :cool:

Don't Hate!

ok so you player haters out on the West Coast. What are you going with that makes more sense then the above name and why?

Here is an idea:
    Maybe you could get the motorcycle related company to sponsor you and call the team the West Coast Choppers... relax, only kidding o_O

5. CTS26

CTS26 Member

LAFC
    United States
    May 26, 2008
    Kannapolis
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Go back to the Galaxative sh!t hole you came from, the LA Aztecs name will not happen so get over yourself and stop trolling.

Gameface and aetraxx7 repped this.
  6. MUTINYFAN

MUTINYFAN Member

Apr 18, 1999
    Orlando
    Yeah it could be called Club Deportivo Los Angeles and the nickname could be Goats. That naming convention is pretty much along the lines of CD Guadalajara which is what i hope the new LA franchise is moving away from. I am not much for LA FC or LA SC but i would take that any day over CD LA.

7. USFootiefan1980

LAFC
    United States
    Aug 19, 2005
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No offense, "MUTANYFAN," but your opinion on the matter, here anyway, is pretty meaningless.

8. It's called FOOTBALL

LMX Clubs
    Mexico
    May 4, 2009
    Chitown
    That naming convention has nothing to do with GDL, and has everything to do with the city it represents and its culture. It's a perfect name.

krusso and CTS26 repped this.
  9. USFootiefan1980

LAFC
    United States
    Aug 19, 2005
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    But the team name is already Club Deportivo Chivas USA, rebranding by changing the name to CD LA seems like a half step to me. I would think they (the league or the new owners) would choose something that distances them from the current identity a little more.

Gameface repped this.
  10. ekker3

ekker3 Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
  11. MARCH_

MARCH_ Member

Aug 16, 2007
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Would love to see the new ownership incorporate black as one of the main colors of the team. To many dam teams in MLS with blue & red colors.

Gameface, MUTINYFAN and USFootiefan1980 repped this.
  12. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Whether LA fans care about it or not, LA Aztecs is a cool name. Of course the California Surf, LA Lazers, Ca Condors , LA Heat , LA Salsa and the Hollywood Kickers were also kind of cool too. :)

13. CTS26

CTS26 Member

LAFC
    United States
    May 26, 2008
    Kannapolis
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Okay I'm not sure why your here at all but I thought you would have learned by now that we don't take kindly to trolls, damn shame our mods are on vacation at the moment.

14. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #114 falvo, Mar 16, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2014
    Apologies and didn't mean to troll and wasn't trying to be facetious in anyway nor did I think it was wrong or that it was against forum rules to post in the thread. I actually think those names are/were cool. Sorry again that it bothered you so.

C-bus and aetraxx7 repped this.
  15. porque?

porque? Member

Mar 26, 2007
    Section 138
    I would be happy with an LA anything, SC, FC, Athletico, etc. It would also be great. If we unofficially or officially for that case remain the Goats.

16. MUTINYFAN

MUTINYFAN Member

Apr 18, 1999
    Orlando
    Yeah someof these guys do not like outsiders posting on their forums but as long as we r not mocking or insulting the team how can it be trolling?

C-bus, falvo and aetraxx7 repped this.
  17. sodi_gar

sodi_gar Member

Aug 2, 2006
    murrieta, ca
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    It's been a rough couple of years you know what I mean. We're easily on the defensive. You guys have been keeping it respectful so as far as I'm concerned your welcome. Only thing is we've about had it with other people and fans of other teams having a say in what our team does. The Aztecs name is cool but it's not our name.

USFootiefan1980 and CTS26 repped this.
  18. USFootiefan1980

LAFC
    United States
    Aug 19, 2005
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think a lot of posters here are tired of hearing other teams' fans' ideas on how to "fix" this team. It's been a decade and it's tiresome.

19. It's called FOOTBALL

LMX Clubs
    Mexico
    May 4, 2009
    Chitown
    You like those corny names? So I guess you wish SKC was still the Wiz, FCD the Burn, and you supported Hull's change to the Tigers. I think all that is spastic.

Anyway, I suggest we contact this club's owners to further push for the new name of Sportive Club The Angels.

20. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    When I lived in Europe 10 years ago and I saw Chivas playing the MLS All Stars wanting to get into MLS, I was ecstatic about the fact that Vergara wanted a team in LA. With a 10 team league, I though it was great news. When I lived there though I caught myself defending US Soccer more often than not. I think its wrong to call someone a troll just for making a sugIsn't that the objective of BS forums? I mean aren't we all supposed to talk about how to fix the game or the league?
    Its not like the Crew, Galaxy or Fire are any better.

21. SteveUSSF_ref8

SteveUSSF_ref8 Member+

United States
    Oct 25, 2010
    Sun City, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    . The Aztecs name is not available it is owned by the NASL. The NASL is rumored to wanting to put is LA. Perhaps then you can see Aztecs.

22. antnee7898

antnee7898 Member

Oct 19, 2007
    South Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So 2 MLS, 2 USL, and then an NASL team. A little saturated?

23. MARCH_

MARCH_ Member

Aug 16, 2007
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I doubt people who are not galaxy fans would flock to support galaxy dos in the USL. Pretty sure they are going to give away those tickets or sell them to peps that follow the galaxy in MLS. Anyways ******** the galaxy.

USFootiefan1980 and CTS26 repped this.
  24. futgod

futgod Member+

Nov 28, 2006
    NorCal
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    LA is the most Mexican city outside of Mexico, hell I even read that LA was the second city with most Mexicans, DF being the first. Not sure if that was correct but i wouldn't doubt it. That means that a team that wants to represent the city, is history and culture should have a link to Spanish. Club Deportivo Los Angeles would be the best option IMO. It would be outstanding if the moniker goats would stick, just to remember the history and fans that stuck with this team. I think the colors would for sure change but at least they should stick with stripes. This team is the only one with stripes.

25. Cabrito

Cabrito Member

Apr 10, 2013
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    That doesn't matter; the prevailing culture is American, immigrants and natives integrate to American culture (granted, to different degrees). Anything Mexican is and will always be niche. That's the reality.