Team-e Melli News

Discussion in 'Iran' started by Afshin, Jul 15, 2005.

1. Afshin

Afshin New Member

Jul 11, 2005
    San Francisco
    Guys, this might sound like I am pressing the panic buttons, but I think knowing how our beloved IRIFF works, I may just have a point if I may say so myself! :)

Get our boys charter flights!

Cheers,

2. D-Cptn

D-Cptn New Member

Jan 26, 2009
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Mind keeping the news in the thread?
    would be nice to not go to various sites for the news we'd like to see here
    also i understand that some of your info is in persian but it would help keep it in english, many many iranian fans that can't read farsi so it might come off as annoying to post those links.

Quick summary is all thats needed, keep it up
    Good luck, hopefully i can get more info in and get involved in whats going on.

3. Afshin

Afshin New Member

Jul 11, 2005
    San Francisco
  4. Txtriathlete

Txtriathlete Member

Aug 6, 2004
    The American Empire
    Frankly, Iran has been in horrible shape lately, and the fans literally gave up it seems.

Good to have you back though Afshin jan.

I think they will keep Ghotbi for now, time will tell.

5. !Bob

!Bob Member

Apr 28, 2005
    UK
    Team has been horrible. Ghotbi has been shit. Few decent players outside Iran to follow. And to top it all up, given the political state of the country, little attention is paid to football! Frankly, at this point, I couldn't care less about football.

6. teammellieIRANfan

Feb 28, 2009
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Iran has been really shit to the extent that I want Daei back lol
    But I guess we will have to see how Iran and Ghotbi does in Asia Cup.

His latest player selection I was a bit disappointed not to see Majidi among the forwards. Maybe next time though, if he keep up his great form

Also, glad to see Karimi has accepted Ghotbis invite. I think he can still contribute.

7. Iranianfootie

Iranianfootie Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Initially I liked Ghotbi but I think he has gotten himself into political trouble with his support of Ahmedinejad. That's all. I think he did a pretty remarkable job in the short time he was givne. If he wwas there instead of Daie, I think we would be in the WC now...but that's not the case.