Team-e Melli News

Discussion in 'Iran' started by Afshin, Jul 15, 2005.

1. Afshin

Afshin New Member

Jul 11, 2005
    San Francisco
    Hey guys,

On another thread I wrote a few few lines in defense of Ghalehnoei who I think should be given a fair chance. I think the cirrcumstances under which he lead the team against Syria were very difficult, and not many other coaches could have done better.

I wrote an article about this which you could read here.

http://www.lastkick.com/?p=1524

2. Afshin

Afshin New Member

Jul 11, 2005
    San Francisco
  3. Afshin

Afshin New Member

Jul 11, 2005
    San Francisco
    There are still no invitations sent out for Kaebi and Enayati!

Kaebi talks to ISNA and explains the reason for his absence from the game against Syria.

4. Afshin

Afshin New Member

Jul 11, 2005
    San Francisco
  5. Afshin

Afshin New Member

Jul 11, 2005
    San Francisco
    Guys,

This is an interview (in Persian) with Mohammad Dadkan in Shargh news paper.

There is a lot there to read and there is even more between the lines. The article was published in a disorganized format on Shargh's website. The paragraphs were all messed up and the questions were mixed with answers. I did my best to modify it to a more readable format. Questions are in bold.

I encourage you to read it. It will tell give you an idea of what was going on behind the scene.

http://www.lastkick.com/fa/?p=393

6. Afshin

Afshin New Member

Jul 11, 2005
    San Francisco
  7. Afshin

Afshin New Member

Jul 11, 2005
    San Francisco
  8. Afshin

Afshin New Member

Jul 11, 2005
    San Francisco
  9. Afshin

Afshin New Member

Jul 11, 2005
    San Francisco
  10. Txtriathlete

Txtriathlete Member

Aug 6, 2004
    The American Empire
    Its so ridiculous that its not funny anymore. Its literally embarassing.

11. Afshin

Afshin New Member

Jul 11, 2005
    San Francisco
  12. Afshin

Afshin New Member

Jul 11, 2005
    San Francisco
    Interview with Amir Ghalehnoei

(In Persian)
    http://www.lastkick.com/fa/?p=414

Man, You've got to feel for this guy. He's got everyone and everything working against him, still he does a great job to keep his composure.

13. CronoGraal

CronoGraal New Member

Jun 2, 2006
    Göteborg Sweden
    :x can you make a quick summery please? i can't read persian. :(

14. Afshin

Afshin New Member

Jul 11, 2005
    San Francisco
    I know Ghalehnoei does not have many fans here, and I myself do not like his choice of formation, but the guy has a thankless job. We gave Bronko six years, lets give this guy at leat hald dozen competetive games before we give up on him.

Here is an article/interview with him

http://www.lastkick.com/fa/?p=437

I liked these two pragraphs. He is admiting that he is learning at the job and he is indirectly asking for more patience and time to improve. In the second, I thought his response was a lot more classier than Branko who saif he did not know Afshin Ghotbi eventhough he had talked to him on the phone.

قلعه‌نويي ميدان سئول را تجربه‌اي بسيار خوب براي خود عنوان كرد و افزود: سراسر زندگي تجربه است و اين بازي نيز براي من تجربه‌ي بسيار خوبي بود. نبايد از ياد ببريم كه سال گذشته در حالي كه تيم‌مان آماده‌ي حضور در جام جهاني بود و كادر فني آن پنج - شش سال در تيم ملي حضور داشتند به همين تيم كره‌ي جنوبي 2 بر صفر باختيم. اما، بازيكنان ما در بازي شنبه كار بزرگي را انجام دادند و اين تك امتياز ارزشش را در روزهاي آينده نشان خواهد داد.

وي درباره‌ي حضور افشين قطبي در نيمكت تيم ملي كره‌ي جنوبي گفت: پيش از بازي نمي‌دانستم كه مربي‌اي ايراني روي نيمكت كره‌ي جنوبي نشسته است اما، زماني كه متوجه شدم با او گفت‌وگو كردم. اين باعث افتخار است كه يك مربي ايراني در تيم ملي كره‌ي جنوبي فعاليت مي‌كند.

15. Afshin

Afshin New Member

Jul 11, 2005
    San Francisco
  16. Mehdi322

Mehdi322 New Member

Sep 4, 2006
    if amir loses the game against syria, then his job will be big jepordy, and if he loses again, expect iran to go after the frenchmen that got japan to round in wc 02 or expect them to hire a brazilian coach or a coach from the bundesliga or english premier league...i mean amir has already made some questionable moves...via cuting sohrab and Freydoon and startin fekri who is 37 and nikbaht who is out of shape

17. Afshin

Afshin New Member

Jul 11, 2005
    San Francisco
  18. Afshin

Afshin New Member

Jul 11, 2005
    San Francisco
    Hi guys,

This is really not "News", but I did not want to start new thread for it so I posted it here.

This is a recent article by Kaveh Mahjoob on the current state of our football. It is called:

The Winter of Our Game

Take a look and let us know what you think.

Happy New Year to all.

19. Txtriathlete

Txtriathlete Member

Aug 6, 2004
    The American Empire
    Nothing new there, just stating the facts, its very frustrating and this is probably one of the lowest points of Iranian football. Its a challenge to have hope when there is little or no change.

20. Afshin

Afshin New Member

Jul 11, 2005
    San Francisco
    I know exactly what you mean. The only thing that has kept me still interested is my misplaced and illogical love of the game! :)

21. Afshin

Afshin New Member

Jul 11, 2005
    San Francisco
  22. Afshin

Afshin New Member

Jul 11, 2005
    San Francisco
  23. Afshin

Afshin New Member

Jul 11, 2005
    San Francisco
  24. Afshin

Afshin New Member

Jul 11, 2005
    San Francisco
    I think after Malavan's loss, Ahmadzadeh was so depressed that he resigned from Team Melli! I bet Daei will talk him out of it though :)

Ahmadzadeh quits Team Melli