Team-e Melli News

Discussion in 'Iran' started by Afshin, Jul 15, 2005.

1. Afshin

Afshin New Member

Jul 11, 2005
    San Francisco
  2. Afshin

Afshin New Member

Jul 11, 2005
    San Francisco
  3. Parthian

Parthian New Member

Jul 1, 2005
    Good Branko should stay till Asian Cup 2007 at the very least.

4. Afshin

Afshin New Member

Jul 11, 2005
    San Francisco
    I think so too, but I think he wants to go back to Croatia after the wc. Apparently the Croatian FF is very interested in handing him the NT job.

5. Afshin

Afshin New Member

Jul 11, 2005
    San Francisco
    This is terrible guys, but looks like the game against Millwall may be called off because of English authorities’ fear of a extremist backlash against Iranian fans!

Check it out

http://www.lastkick.com/?p=84

6. Parthian

Parthian New Member

Jul 1, 2005
    Yes Its about 90% cancelled, now from most sources, it doesn’t matter though we will replace them with another hopefully better team.

7. Afshin

Afshin New Member

Jul 11, 2005
    San Francisco
  8. Afshin

Afshin New Member

Jul 11, 2005
    San Francisco
  9. Afshin

Afshin New Member

Jul 11, 2005
    San Francisco
  10. Afshin

Afshin New Member

Jul 11, 2005
    San Francisco
  11. Afshin

Afshin New Member

Jul 11, 2005
    San Francisco
  12. Afshin

Afshin New Member

Jul 11, 2005
    San Francisco
  13. Afshin

Afshin New Member

Jul 11, 2005
    San Francisco
    Guys this is unbelievable! I have no idea what it means but here it is:

(in Farsi)
    http://www.lastkick.com/fa/?p=37

For those who prefer English, the team is closing camp and returning to Iran this weekend!

14. Afshin

Afshin New Member

Jul 11, 2005
    San Francisco
  15. Txtriathlete

Txtriathlete Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 6, 2004
    The American Empire
    Its rather sad to see the camp end early, yet I guess security issues seem to have deteriorated thus cancelling all the remaining games.

16. Kamran

Kamran Member

Nov 19, 2004
    Melbourne - AUS
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    no it has nothing to do with the security.... there was a flag incident in QPR game (not the guy running around with "Shiro khorshid" flag, but a QPR fan doing something to Iran's flag).... and British refused to take action against it!

17. Afshin

Afshin New Member

Jul 11, 2005
    San Francisco
    Shoot, didn't someone tell Iranian officials that these guys can they burn or do things to their own flag in protest and the law protects them?

18. Afshin

Afshin New Member

Jul 11, 2005
    San Francisco
    In today's Khabar Varzeshi there is a lot of noise about the England camp. Many Monday morning quarterbacks are now questioning the wisdom in going there and planning to play against QPR, Millwall, and Portsmouth.

They are even trying to take the issue to Majlis!!!! My prediction is that Branko is a gonner within the next couple of weeks.

Here is the link to Khabar Varzeshi.

http://www.khabars.net/Detail.aspx?cid=43731

BTW read the Hejazi comment. As much as I loved the guy when he was playing, I wish he just shut the F up about Team-e Melli. All he does is stir up trouble no matter who the coach is.

http://www.khabars.net/Detail.aspx?cid=43684

19. doodool

doodool Red Card

May 12, 2005
    this british are animals..team melli shouldnt even play against this shiit teams like qpr etc...whats the fcking deal to play against 2 nd div. ******** club teams??
    they should do the same with that british flag...

20. Afshin

Afshin New Member

Jul 11, 2005
    San Francisco
    What did they do to the flag, do you know? I can't find anything about it on the net.

21. Kamran

Kamran Member

Nov 19, 2004
    Melbourne - AUS
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    it was in the news but they never said what they did!

22. Afshin

Afshin New Member

Jul 11, 2005
    San Francisco
    Hi guys,

I think Branko's days in Iran are numbered. I have posted an article about it on my web site. Would appriciate your comments and thoughts on the topic. Cheers.

http://www.lastkick.com/?p=114

23. Kamran

Kamran Member

Nov 19, 2004
    Melbourne - AUS
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    if true... we'll just have to wait and see who is the replacement.... I'm a Branco fan but if it's a step forward then why not?.... it can give us a good shock and element of surprise!

But if it’s gonna be an Iranian coach then… hmmm… well then, R.I.P team melli!!

24. Caliguy

Caliguy New Member

Apr 27, 2005
    In your pc
    I hope he stays and I don’t think 1 year long enough time considering that TM has a very limited playing time together (since most our starters are in Europe) for our team to get used to and mesh with a new coach and a new system and that’s if things stay relatively unchanged by the new coaching staff, but you can bet that if a new coach is named he will be sure to make some big changes to justify his existence and that could be very risky for our team since we don’t coupe with changes very well. Lets hope for the best.