Team Colors

Discussion in 'Detroit' started by blazindw, Nov 11, 2009.

1. ZeekLTK

ZeekLTK Member

Mar 5, 2004
    Michigan
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    I could go for purple, preferably paired with black rather than white though.

2. DartNut

DartNut New Member

May 15, 2003
    Michigan
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Please, no Black!!!!

3. TheMoozer

TheMoozer New Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Detroit
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If the kits are purple, I'd like our team to be called The Mauve Avengers.

4. DartNut

DartNut New Member

May 15, 2003
    Michigan
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am partial to the hoops....Hail! Hail! (the Bhoys).

5. DartNut

DartNut New Member

May 15, 2003
    Michigan
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

6. drSoFlaFan

drSoFlaFan DEFEND THE FORT!

Feb 25, 2008
    Plantation, FL
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey all, here is a crest idea I had while developing teams for my PES 2009 fantasy MLS master league season(never ended up using it though):

[​IMG]

Basically the idea was to make it look like a hood emblem. Don't know how you all feel about the name Motor City FC. Also, the whole "Purple Gang" thing is great, that would be an awesome nickname for the team and/or a supporters group.

7. Spectator1

Spectator1 New Member

Nov 29, 2009
    Club:
    Panathinaikos Athens
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    Love it any more?

8. WiscFan

WiscFan Member

Nov 14, 2005
    Fond du Lac, WI
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You've got my vote for Motor City (F.C.). Why the Olympic theme? Detroit has never held an Olympic Games. I know they've made a bunch of bids though (7 in all: '44, '52, '56, '60, '64, '68, and '72). Could 2020 be their year?

9. DavidP

DavidP Member

Mar 21, 1999
    Powder Springs, GA
    Detroit Wheels. Colors: Orange, navy, white, or navy, orange, white. Use the old WFL logo, or some derivative.

The Motor City thing is fine, and the logo's sweet (and it could work for the Wheels; just substitute a car wheel (something like what the Red Wings have) for the MC); I'm just not hip to the FC thing. But that's just me. :eek:

10. blazindw

blazindw Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 30, 2007
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think, even though I like some other color combos and like variety of colors in a soccer league, a Detroit team should carry the colors of navy and orange. I think that it would be the best combination. I also would like to see a version of the Old English D incorporated into the logo (whether we're called Motor City or Detroit). That's the symbol that unifies all Detroit sports fans, whether we're talking about the Tigers, Pistons, Wings or Lions.

11. Spectator1

Spectator1 New Member

Nov 29, 2009
    Club:
    Panathinaikos Athens
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    good call I like your vision but orange? why not navy and red ? I love the navy. Is the old english D just for the tigers?

12. SYoshonis

SYoshonis Member+

Jun 8, 2000
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    Club:
    Michigan Bucks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I still like either this:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Or:

[​IMG]
    The Purple Gang.

Both would be unique to MLS, but with lots of football pedigree.

13. blazindw

blazindw Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 30, 2007
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sure, the Old English D is used by the Tigers, but it has come to represent everything Detroit. You couldn't use the same style D in the crest that the Tigers use, but a variation of it works all the same. Navy/Red is used a great deal, but navy/orange would be a unique colorway (that is, if we get in before NYC2, which would probably use Mets colors) and it is something that people in Detroit can identify with.

While I don't think a Detroit team would really identify with either color scheme among the casual fans, I do like them...but that's probably the fanatic in me that recognizes the pedigree you were referring to.

14. BrodieQPR

BrodieQPR Member

Jun 27, 2010
    Michigan
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Detroit is pretty much the epicenter of Greek immigration to the US.

15. jaggdd

jaggdd Member

Sep 17, 2008
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Forgive my crappy use of Paintshop, but what about something like this:

[​IMG]

I incorporated the old English "D", using the blue and orange that not only belongs to the Tigers, but also to Detroit's old NASL team The Express.

"2012" is wishful thinking, because I think MLS would do well to have a major sports market like Detroit covered by then. But it's not looking like that will happen. So maybe the "2012" could represent the formation of the club in general, as it starts out in USL or NASL, or whatever exists in terms of 2nd division soccer by then...