Taylor Twellman our next YA (Hertha Berlin)

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Line9Foul, Nov 4, 2004.

1. harttbeat

harttbeat Member

Dec 29, 1998
    New York
    http://www.ussoccerplayers.com/players/458729.html

"With your experience in Germany (with 1860 Munich Reserves), what do you think is in store for Landon Donovan at Bayer Leverkusen this year?

I think Landon is for sure ready to play over there. Listening to him talk about his previous experience, his biggest challenge was living over there. Now though he is 22 and he knows the good areas to live, I think he will do absolutely fine and I wish him the best. I hope to see him soon over there. I am committed to NE for this year coming up, and then we will go from there."

2. jri

jri Red Card

Sep 28, 2000
    boca
    wow...actually not a bad plan by Taylor. Focus on getting on the WC 'squad' between now and next Jan. If he can't make an impression, get time w/Bruce by then, likely he won't be on the squad anyway. But let's say he makes his mark....likely Bruce will schedule some warm-ups games in Europe in spring 06. So being there will make him very available for those important (for team positioning) qualifiers.

Being in MLS for 2005 will be better for a guy like Taylor, who needs the 'availability advantage' of being in MLS to try to move up the ladder IMO.

It'll be interesting to see if he winds up in BL1 or BL2....I think he's a 'tweener'..

Having said, apparently Blackburn is interest in Xavier Abel, who was a disaster in Hannover. wtf?