Taylor (Koblenz) vs. F. Johnson (1860), 4/12 (R)

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad Gameday' started by supercooper, Apr 12, 2009.

1. supercooper

supercooper Red Card

Jun 23, 2008
    Matthew Taylor with 2 goals including the game winner, as Koblenz pick up a huge 3-2 win, and a big 3 points. They are now 4 points from relegation in BL2.

Taylor is tied as leading scorer on Koblenz with 7 goals on the season, despite having started in only about 1/2 the games this year.

2. purojogo

purojogo Member

Sep 23, 2001
    US/Peru home
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Should he get a look in camp after the season ends?... It cannot hurt to call on someone who's scoring goals.....

3. supercooper

supercooper Red Card

Jun 23, 2008
    why not Gold Cup? He deserves some reward for a good season performance is a decent Europe league. We also are weak in striking across the board. What happens if Davies and/or another striker get injured later downt the line- we have no depth!

4. m vann

m vann Moderator
    Staff Member

Colorado Rapids, Celtic FC, & Louisville City
    Sep 10, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good to see Taylor score a brace today. He's had a somewhat difficult 2nd half of the season. He found himself out of favor for while and he battled through some nagging injuries. Overall he's been a revelation for Koblenz. He's pushing double digits in scoring. I think 9 total and 7 in the league. Not bad for a guy that was playing for Hollywood United a year ago. I've always liked Taylor I just think in the past he couldn't put it all together. Maybe he needed a challenge and needed the pressure. I rooting like hell for him. If he finishes the season strong maybe a call-up for the Gold Cup camp is in order.

5. supercooper

supercooper Red Card

Jun 23, 2008
    He's starting to play like the 'other' Matthew Taylor, who scored one of the greatest goals I've seen in the last 40 years.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_U9dXJruVSY"]YouTube - Goal of the Season[/ame]

6. prowazekii

prowazekii Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hopefully now Matt can get some more PT. He has been a sub at best for most of the Koblenz games I have followed recently.
    If he finishes the year strong, I agree that a shot at the Gold Cup roster would be warranted.