Taylor Booth at FC Utrecht

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by ShaftBrewer, Dec 29, 2017.

1. felloveranddidanadu

Plymouth Argyle FC
    Dec 12, 2009
    Club:
    San Jose Frogs
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Please pardon my ignorance

freisland repped this.
  2. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Plenty of Amsterdamers consider anything south of the North Sea and west of Germany the suburbs…

3. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Reminder that the "month" was 2 matches and he played a total of 147 minutes.

The date the provisional rosters were due was October 21st and Booth had played *1* game for 75 minutes after 5 weeks away (3 matches of that he was on the bench DNP). It's entirely possible he wasn't on the provisional roster, so couldn't have gone to Qatar.

Prior to his injury, he had appeared in 4 matches. He was subbed out at the half in the 1st two and then came off the bench for the next 2, playing at total of 53 minutes. He did start playing well after his injury, but may have been a victim of "too late."

WrmBrnr, kruck, gomichigan24 and 9 others repped this.
  4. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Reyna is obvious as DSpence noted. It also depends on what you mean by forward. Are you talking about just assists? If not add Pomykal who is great at early long passes for the pass before the assist. Ledezma is a great passer. Probably others but I'm not thinking of here.

5. Excellency

Excellency Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Nov 4, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    C'mon, it's close enough. Utrecht is of course a most important location. From Bill Gate's interweb:

The industrial port of Utrecht (locode NLORJ) is on Amsterdam-Rijnkanaal (Amsterdam–Rhine Canal). Port's containership terminal has annual shipping capacity over 80,000 TEU-containers. In 2003, Port Utrecht handled around 4 million tons of cargo.

freisland repped this.
  6. adam tash

adam tash Member+

Jul 12, 2013
    Barcelona, Spain
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    fair enough....

hopefully this scouting trip to the Netherlands by the USMNT is a sign that things will be more fair moving forward

7. Booth was rated a 7 by Voetbal International last weekend.

Winoman and freisland repped this.
  8. Now you mention that... @freisland you couldnot use friesland because another poster already had claimed that postername. What happened to him as his postername is gone.

freisland repped this.
  9. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    I don't know what happened to go old Friesland. I should used Frysk!

feyenoordsoccerfan repped this.
  10. Pl@ymaker

Pl@ymaker Member+

Feb 8, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Started. Booth was 1v1 with the goalkeeper but his shot was blocked. Game is 0-0 at HT.

BostonRed, glutton4Bolts and Winoman repped this.
  11. Booth was rated a 6 in last weekend match by VI.

Winoman repped this.
  12. Eleven Bravo

Eleven Bravo Member+

Atlanta United
    United States
    Jul 3, 2004
    SC
    Club:
    Atlanta Silverbacks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Taylor Booth could be Jack Grealish’s twin. Looks like him. Plays just like him.

13. bct81

bct81 Member+

multiple (DC United, Dortmund, Arsenal, Leeds....)
    United States
    Mar 17, 2007
    moving around the US every few years ....
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    his shot today was struck with venom ... well deflected.

Booth looks very promising.

14. twoolley

twoolley Member+

Jan 3, 2008
    Interesting. I’ve never thought either of those things.

WrmBrnr and Excellency repped this.
  15. LouisZ

LouisZ Member+

Oct 14, 2010
    Southern California-USA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I saw his full game. He lines up as a RW on defense, but he has the green light to play as a ACM on offense. He reminds me of Pulisic, he is quick at changing direction, about the same size, but I think Pulisic is faster, and of course, more polished.

freisland repped this.
  16. Excellency

Excellency Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Nov 4, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Booth is better off the ball. That is his strength, imo. His teammates don't always exploit it. Booth is one of the smarter players in the YA pool.

comoesa, Pl@ymaker, bct81 and 1 other person repped this.
  17. gomichigan24

gomichigan24 Member+

Jul 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Feels like it’s very clear his surge came just a bit too late.

tomásbernal and theboogeyman repped this.
  18. Lance90

Lance90 Member

Feb 7, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    In other words, he won't get called up for U.S. Unless you're a midfielder who runs around a lot, can't pass, and turns the ball over, the U.S. isn't interested. A guy with high soccer IQ who finds space and can play others in? Nah. :whistling:

adam tash, Excellency and glutton4Bolts repped this.
  19. Shaster

Shaster Member+

Apr 13, 1999
    El Cerrito, CA, USA
    Don’t worry. Booth is also eligible for Italy. If US doesn’t want him… If he can run more than Jorginho. LOL.

20. comoesa

comoesa Member+

Aug 13, 2010
    Christen Press's armpit
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Donovan+esque, also a much better passer and crosser than Puli.

21. Are you applying for Berhalter's job:)

22. glutton4Bolts

glutton4Bolts Member+

United States
    Mar 18, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LDLT doesn't fit that mold... but also didn't get on the pitch in Qatar. I am no longer a big fan of the MMA midfield for this reason. Adams is a total stud and IMO, the only guy we have that can hold down the single 6 position but he isn't a play-maker... and I am not sure he has to be if we just had at least one play-maker at the 8 position. LDLT brings classy touches and passing but his speed is a liability. Booth doesn't have that issue. I really like what I have seen from him this season. He and Tillman have been pleasant surprises this year. Whereas Wes and Musah have seen their form drop significantly since the WC... albeit against stiffer competition.

23. LouisZ

LouisZ Member+

Oct 14, 2010
    Southern California-USA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think for Booth and Tillman to get a chance at the 10. We would have to go with a double pivot. For sure, Adam will take one spot, the other will probably be either McKennie or Musah.

24. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    Please excuse this interruption

Every cycle we should prepare for a late arrival or two.

Carry on …

Excellency and adam tash repped this.
  25. glutton4Bolts

glutton4Bolts Member+

United States
    Mar 18, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The 4-2-3-1 seems to be the most in-fashion formation right now and I think it would fit better with our players. We could quickly shift to a 4-1-4-1 in possession w/ Adams hanging back as a single 6 when a team is bunkering. I like the 4-2-3-1 because I think Tillman, Booth and Gio could all do well as the 10 or as one of the midfield wingers. Booth started and played most of the game as an outside midfielder and then switched late in the game to CDM. I would be interested to see him also play w/ Adams at CDM and have the approval to run a bit more forward. If the Leeds experiment is teaching me anything it is that Wes is not terribly great in tight spaces. He may grow into the position but it seems unlikely he will be great there. I could see him move to the outside in a 4-2-3-1 or in a 4-4-2. Musah seems to have all the physical tools to match up with Adams too but while he can be creative on the dribble his passing in tight spaces can be spotty as well. In short, if we move to a 4-2-3-1 then we have our destroyer 6 in Adams but we need creativity from the other CDM.... but not at the cost on D.