Taylor Booth at FC Utrecht

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by ShaftBrewer, Dec 29, 2017.

1. TxEx

TxEx Member+

Tottenham Hotspur, Crystal Palace, FC Dallas
    Aug 19, 2016
    DFW
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    BM has no one to blame but themselves. Booth didn't want to sign an extension without some guarantees of play time or at least a good loan. He didn't sign so BM shoved him out to RB as "punishment." Then they didn't release him early or take a nominal fee to let him go that previous winter window. Booth left and has been fantastic, earning a starting spot at his best position.

Booth did what was best for himself and maybe he'll be BM quality or not in the future but it's hard to argue he isn't exactly where he should be at this time.

2. theboogeyman

theboogeyman Member+

Jun 21, 2010
    Yeah they really screwed up, and screwed him over. You have to think that Utrecht would’ve paid 500k-1 mil for him last year. Instead, they lost money and pissed him off.

adam tash repped this.
  3. m vann

m vann Moderator
    Staff Member

Colorado Rapids, Celtic FC, & Louisville City
    Sep 10, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Booth certainly isn’t a loss for BM but he’s certainly a gain for FC Utrecht. After a slowish start or maybe better put - some growing pains and trust building - he’s been pretty damn good, evident by the November Eredivisie POTM award and several TOTW nods. Honestly, I don’t give two shits what Bayern did or didn’t do for/with Booth. They didn’t need him. He didn’t need them. All he needed was an opportunity and he’s capitalized on it with Utrecht. If he continues improving and tweaking his game, he could find himself next January window at Ajax, Feyenoord, or PSV at the very least or at the most a solid club in a Top 5 league. Let’s just sit back and enjoy that we have young player capitalizing on an opportunity to shine in a respectable league that is viewed as a stepping stone to something bigger and better.

4. grandinquisitor28

Feb 11, 2002
    Nevada
    I wonder if this is revealing of how old some of us are, or how many of us just love Toll Booth Willie?

5. grandinquisitor28

Feb 11, 2002
    Nevada
    Put simply, he already looks that good right now. Watching the all touch video, noting he was a POTM guy, I wasn't even paying attention, too many Tillman's, and Julian Green kind of washing out with Bayern Munich, he just seemed like a draft and stash type day 3 NFL pick type thing, very speculative, and while I used to be hyped on that, I'm not anymore. However, when you actually watch him play, its ridiculous, and I'm not focused on anything other than what I see with his touch in tight spaces and how skilled he is with passing/making decisions and it's all ridiculous.

I don't know if he was always this promising, but right here, right now, he's in the March camp, period, and he's a top 30 guy in the pool from what I can see for sure if what he did in November, and what he looked like in that video is illustrative of where he's at these days.

I would imagine that he wants to move onto bigger things than Feyenoord in the summer or whatever, but regardless, he looks incredibly legit. CM and Wing Forward I take it? Where can he play comfortably?

6. aeschylusdanceparty

NYRB
    United States
    Jun 3, 2021
    What I really like about his game, well the technical ability of course, but really the vision. The US badly needs that. Not just the vision but the willingness to hit the pass, and if his teammates don't do well with it, hey that's on them. Has the appearance of not just impressive technical ability but also the ability to see things develop, and the willingness to hit the pass to his teammates.

adam tash, TxEx, Pl@ymaker and 4 others repped this.
  7. kruck

kruck Member+

Jan 12, 2008
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    I'd like to see him rock out at one of Ajax, PSV or Feyenoord.

Biggest question is where he ends up on the field. He seems like he's been more of a winger then an 8 with Utrecht.

8. NietzscheIsDead

NietzscheIsDead Member+

NO WAR
    United States
    May 31, 2019
    NO WAR
    Toll Booth Taylor.

Man, Adam Sandler gets funnier every year.

9. rgli13

rgli13 Member+

Mar 23, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    for all the americans bayern sign they sure dont know what to do once they have them. thats not to say booth, or richards, or anyone else should be starting for them but they dont even get as much return on investment as fcd does.

honestly munich has proven to be one of the last places americans should look to go to.

comoesa and adam tash repped this.
  10. twoolley

twoolley Member+

Jan 3, 2008
    I mean they got 12M for Richards. Booth and Richards both doing well so I’m not mad at em though I agree with you for most part.

aeschylusdanceparty repped this.
  11. kruck

kruck Member+

Jan 12, 2008
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    What percentage of youth players who come into a club like Bayern for a modest fee/no fee end up being first team impact players? A tiny percentage.

Gotta be realistic.

12. don Lamb

don Lamb Member+

mine
    United States
    Aug 31, 2017
    Alphonso Davies says think again... and it's not like things are going terribly for Richards or Booth.

Come to think of it, Bayern might be a pretty sweet spot for Pulisic....

13. gomichigan24

gomichigan24 Member+

Jul 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Though if Booth is able to move to the Netherlands from Bayern earlier, there’s a good chance he’s on the World Cup roster.

14. m vann

m vann Moderator
    Staff Member

Colorado Rapids, Celtic FC, & Louisville City
    Sep 10, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A lot of what you said, I agree with. However, the name “Bayern Munich” on a CV seems to carry some weight and along with that comes interest from others. Richards, Tillman, Green, Che, and Booth have all landed at destinations that fit their skill set and development. So I’m not mad or annoyed by Bayern Munich. But I do wish a Yank would pan out and be a contributor for their 1st team.

schrutebuck and aeschylusdanceparty repped this.
  15. butters59

butters59 Member+

Feb 22, 2013
    Not even mentioning Donovan.

16. ArsenalMetro

ArsenalMetro Member+

United States
    Aug 5, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Pulisic would, without question, be their 5th-best winger.

17. gomichigan24

gomichigan24 Member+

Jul 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Without question he would not be.

18. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    https://www.vi.nl/pro/silberbauer-staat-voor-grote-keuzes-bij-fc-utrecht

If FC Utrecht really wanted to, it could have cashed in quite a bit this winter. The performance of Taylor Booth and Tasos Douvikas, among others, has also been noticed beyond the national borders. One, a talented American with an Italian passport, has the profile to reach the absolute top.

schrutebuck and Pl@ymaker repped this.
  19. ArsenalMetro

ArsenalMetro Member+

United States
    Aug 5, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Who is he better than among Mane, Sane, Gnabry, and Coman?

20. gomichigan24

gomichigan24 Member+

Jul 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mane for one has been playing a ton of center forward for Bayern (and was for Liverpool too). They very much brought him in as a Lewandowski replacement. So I don't really count him as part of the competition.

Gnabry is probably above Pulisic, but I think he's very similar in quality to Sane and Coman. They're both older than him and a bit more established, but his level is similar. Pulisic's problem has always been durability.

21. aeschylusdanceparty

NYRB
    United States
    Jun 3, 2021
    So generally agreeing here, I'd still put Sane above Pulisic for availability. Besides the year he busted his ACL, Sane has been pretty durable. Coman actually seems to have a similar injury history to Pulisic, which is why he hasn't really also hit the heights one might have expected, but the difference between them would be Bayern got Coman for around 28 mill total, basically half of what Chelsea paid for Pulisic. So while it's a push between those two, I don't know if I want to pay double for another Coman either.

22. butters59

butters59 Member+

Feb 22, 2013
    Why all this in Booth thread? Don't we have another one to shit on injured Pulisic?

twoolley repped this.
  23. Mod awol:D

24. adam tash

adam tash Member+

Jul 12, 2013
    Barcelona, Spain
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i hear you....but being there as youth players surely helped their development as well...hard to really say how much...but its defintely a treacherous place for a youth player, for sure simply because the leap from youth team to a team is just so big.