Taylor Booth at FC Utrecht

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by ShaftBrewer, Dec 29, 2017.

1. ShaftBrewer

ShaftBrewer Member+

Jul 18, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

2. ChuckMe92

ChuckMe92 Member+

Jun 23, 2016
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He's one of our best '01 prospects.

3. onefineesq

onefineesq Member+

Sep 16, 2003
    Laurel, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bayern Munich? Wow. Sucks for RSL.

4. punintended_13

punintended_13 Member+

Atlanta United
    Mar 22, 2010
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Damn. Is he THAT good? I've not seen him play. Anyone have any insight? Does he have a euro passport?

5. TarHeels17

TarHeels17 Member+

Jan 10, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    @ussoccer97531 I believe you're the resident Taylor Booth expert.

Rahbiefowlah repped this.
  6. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I don't think I've ever seen anyone in the German youth threads being glad about any German prospect being taken by Bayern. Not a great club at all in terms of taking in youth players and promoting them, other clubs also fit that same profile. I believe Alaba is the last successful Bayern youth player and that was like 8 years ago.

Gacm32, Lookingforleftbacks and Winoman repped this.
  7. TarHeels17

TarHeels17 Member+

Jan 10, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just curious, where would you rank them among how good their youth sides are, and then where would you rank them among actual production?

8. ArsenalMetro

ArsenalMetro Member+

United States
    Aug 5, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
  9. LandonDonovan2018

Dec 29, 2016
    I still see some use in Taylor playing in the same Bayern team as 3 other USYNT prospects. Could be a way to build cohesiveness amongst the players. The absolute worst that can happen is he spends a couple years in one of the best clubs in the world.

10. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    recently the youth side have been doing better than before but that's only because they are snatching up talent. Majority of the players aren't even from Bayern, just bought players from other German clubs. Hoeness wants to in the future, to have youth players that can be integrated to the main squad, in order to rely less on imports that cost $$$ and more from within.

Bayern coaches also only care about results, so they tend to not give the youth any chance since they lack experience. What Bayern needs is to make a loan deal with some club and send their players on loan. Even players like Alaba, Lahm were loaned out. They are also more likely to buy experienced players. Recently even with numerous numerous injuries, opportunities for the reserves/youth were essentially very minimal. I guess to break into Bayern from the youth levels you basically got be not far off from world class potential or have good experience where you impressed.

TarHeels17 repped this.
  11. Anderson11

Anderson11 Member

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow. That is some surprising news. I remember reading that three of our dudes were trialing with Schalke, the other two being Zyen Jones and Chris Gloster, and there was a rumor that one of them was "signed". I assumed it was Booth, because I think he is the best of those three, but maybe that's not the case. Between the two I'd rather see him at Schalke.

And just to stir things a little more, from the Summit roster, Zyen Jones is listed with Atlanta United, while Booth and Gloster are "unattached."

Lookingforleftbacks repped this.
  12. LandonDonovan2018

Dec 29, 2016

It's happening. Does anyone know if Taylor has EU Passport? He is still 16 years old and won't turn 18 until May 31, 2019...

Gacm32 and DC_Dave repped this.
  13. irondeepbicycle

irondeepbicycle Member+

Real Salt Lake
    United States
    Jul 31, 2017
    I didn't think he did, but would any of this be happening if he didn't?

14. ShaftBrewer

ShaftBrewer Member+

Jul 18, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Could be an agreement that he comes over at 18 like Sargent? I don't really know just spitballing here..

Lookingforleftbacks repped this.
  15. ShaftBrewer

ShaftBrewer Member+

Jul 18, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Copied and pasted from another thread where I asked him.

Gacm32, gunnerfan7, justinpaul10 and 2 others repped this.
  16. TheFalseNine

TheFalseNine Moderator
    Staff Member

Arsenal
    United States
    Jul 15, 2014
    Norman, Okla.
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe? But what’s he supposed to do until May 30, 2019?

luvdagame repped this.
  17. thedukeofsoccer

thedukeofsoccer Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    Wussconsin
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I didn't think he was that impressive with the u-17's. Not a top 10 prospect on that team, imo. More like a little engine that could type. He was young for the group. Maybe they feel like that year makes a huge difference perceptionally. I was more impressed with Vassilev in his minutes.

18. Sup Bro

Sup Bro Member+

Oct 26, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Who are some recent examples of players coming from the Bayern youth ranks to find success at another high level club?

Genuinely asking because I don’t follow them. I figure there must be some notable players because of the prospects Bayern attracts.

largegarlic repped this.
  19. LandonDonovan2018

Dec 29, 2016
    Sandro Wagner, Mats Hummels, Emre Can, Toni Kroos, Alessandro Schopff, Thomas Kraft, Holger Badstuper, Thomas Muller, etc etc etc.

Sup Bro repped this.
  20. taylor

taylor Member+

Jun 9, 2000
    Fav team: FC CARL ZEISS JENA
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    meaning it seems they place one Bundesliga Player every 1.5 years, including -Julian green- over the past decade.

21. onefineesq

onefineesq Member+

Sep 16, 2003
    Laurel, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Poor RSL. I feel badly for them ... especially knowing that there is a possibility that a coach like Peter Vermes and his recent legacy may be exactly the type of thing that prevented them from being able to sign their own player.

22. Rahbiefowlah

Rahbiefowlah Member+

Oct 22, 2001
    Las Vegas
    Gacm32 and Lookingforleftbacks repped this.
  23. Anderson11

Anderson11 Member

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Any news on his passport situation? This all seems very strange with that piece missing.

dougtee and Lookingforleftbacks repped this.
  24. Brotheryoungbuck

Jan 24, 2015
    parts unknown
    Jason Kries is RSL’s coach and he played (by a huge margin) the most u21 minutes this season. So Booth probably could have expected playing time.

25. onefineesq

onefineesq Member+

Sep 16, 2003
    Laurel, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #25 onefineesq, Jan 2, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2018
    Jason Kreis hasn't been RSL's coach for 5 years. And my point is that the failures of OTHER teams to play youth may have affected what Booth does, which is precisely why I feel sorry for RSL.

Chesco United and Gacm32 repped this.