Tasha's endeavors continue...w/ minor hiccup

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by battchy, Aug 27, 2002.

1. scotto

scotto Member

Feb 13, 2001
    Bonny Doon, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I had a chance to meet Tasha and her family at halftime. They all had that "deer in the headlights" look about them. I'm sure the whole experience was a bit surreal for them. They all seemed very nice and genuinely glad to be there. I thanked them for coming and told them how glad we were to have them there. Tasha thanked me for helping to bring them back to San Jose. I'd love to get a full report from Steve or Erika about how the weekend went as a whole. I had hoped to have a few minutes to talk to Tasha's mother to see how things were going, but I didn't get the chance.

In any case, well done Quakes fans. You all showed what true class we have.

- Scott

2. living_ded_boy

living_ded_boy New Member

May 24, 2001
    Pleasanton, Ca

Aside from the fact that the Quakes can't win for her. :( 0-1-1 when Tasha is in da house.

3. IBleedTeal

IBleedTeal Member+

Jun 2, 2001
    Yves Fiat
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    All her fault :mad:

4. 1Bri Fanatic333

1Bri Fanatic333 New Member

Jul 12, 2000
    Here is my little report:

Tasha was givin my number from Steve, perfectly fine....so she called me Saturday afternoon (while I was sittng nd waiting for my nephew to get a hair cut, lol.) I told her where I would be and such, so she was able to find me at the games and all that god stuff. I caled her one before the game, and she told me she was with Steve in Shake with the Quakes. I let her know where I was so that when she came in she could find me. A little while later, she walked up to me nd asked if I was Lindsey. I said it was me, and we talked for a little bit. She said that they had gotten into SJ fine the ngiht before and everything was god so far. She seemed happy to be there. Then I told her where to meet me after the game, but Erika had already given her a pass to get behind the fence in auto alley so she would be sure to catch all the players. After the game, she was walking around, talking to all the players and seemed to be having a great time with it. I left before she did. No idea as to how she they all got home, and everything, but I consider the whole opperation a success. Great job Quakes Fans!!

and seing my name lit up on the scoreboard was kinda freaky.

5. scotto

scotto Member

Feb 13, 2001
    Bonny Doon, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks for the report Lindsey.

Does anyone know who interviewed her at halftime? There was a blond woman with a microphone and a cameraman and it looked like she was being interviewed. I didn't see any interview on the telecast or on any of the local news programs.

6. 1Bri Fanatic333

1Bri Fanatic333 New Member

Jul 12, 2000
    If it was a blonde chick with a yellow shirt on, with black pants, then she was from ESPN, or ESPN2. I have no clue who she is, but I saw her with the mic after the game. She didnt seem to be too excited that she was there either...

7. Hawkeye17

Hawkeye17 DynaChick v QuakeBabe v WildKate v Chewie23

Aug 25, 1999
    Miami Vice 82
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    She is on the espn local sports break in San Jose.

I don't know her name either but I know last year I was offered a chance to be interviewed but I declined--I felt it wouldn't be a venue to tell about the game. Instead she decided to go for Darrin and I think Guy. I don't like to do interviews but did the 50 Days on the Road series because it was a much better way to promote the game and the audience was much broader.

She reminds me of, to put it cleanly, Jenna when she did the sideline reporting.

Just for kicks some of the other kids try to sneak in a four letter bomb. IBT comes into mind.

I think some of the others have the hots for her. Me, I just want to see the game.

Flor from Telemundo has much more cred from her, and she likes doing the games so I'm willing to give her the nod more than the espn reporter.

Cheers!

8. Hawkeye17

Aug 25, 1999
    Miami Vice 82
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Read what I just posted. Has nothing to do with Tasha.

and I'd rather have Miss Sanders in the house anytime.

9. IBleedTeal

IBleedTeal Member+

Jun 2, 2001
    Yves Fiat
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Being sarcastic :)

I didn't try to drop no four letter bomb..
    She did interview the guy behind me though.

10. Hawkeye17

Aug 25, 1999
    Miami Vice 82
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe, try a "Landon svcks" chant or try goading the reporter into doing a "silly PR stunt"...

bimbo television, coming at you!

Although, interviewing Tasha Sanders should have been the only piece.

I know the Riot Squad would have had a field day with the camera--too bad they couldn't pull their magic on that...

11. BlueMeanie

BlueMeanie New Member

Apr 1, 2002
    EastSIIIIDE
    At least this time they didn't try to displace anyone for interviews. Last time Tasha was here, I got a call from the Quakes' office the day before the match asking if I'd move my seats for the whole game for Tasha and whoever was with her, just to accomodate a useless 20 second Veronica Paysee interview in the second half, because I sit in the first row right by the gate to the field, so it would've been easier for TV setup. :rolleyes:

Well, I hope Tasha had a good time Saturday. keepit0, nice meeting you, thanks for giving my $$$ and the Club Quake $$$ to battchy.

12. Hawkeye17

Aug 25, 1999
    Miami Vice 82
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Blue do you know the name of the ESPN sports break reporter?

13. battchy

battchy Member

Oct 18, 2001
    Mtn View, CA
    hey all,

i would have reported earlier, but was (still am) in a little funk about losing that game. what a crowd tho, eh?

anyway, the sanders got home all right. i just spoke w/ mary, and she wanted me to thank everyone that was involved for her. she said tasha, kayla, megan, and herself all had a great time. the flight home was very early, but they made it.

i got to spend about an hour or so with them before the game, and sat near them for the second half (the first half i was by the casbah, that was quite something). what a great bunch of people. one highlight of their trip was that they were staying in the same hotel as the galaxy, so they ran into cobi and company once or twice and got to take pics w/ them as well (tho how cool that is will have to be left up to personal interpretation ;)).

so now it's on the the playoffs! who knows, if we make it to the cup, maybe we can put together another trip for them. the idea has been floated to me.

but i wanted to add my personal thanks to everyone involved. keepit0 w/ the idea (bravo), scotto w/ the miles (w/o which, we couldn't have pulled off the limo), 1bri and the card (since lando failed on the call, tho i did get confirmation she received and email from him), and everyone who pony'd up, whether it was $10 or $200. as they say on the pitch...well-in.

cheers all!
    battch

GO QUAKES!!!

p.s. i didn't see the 'name on the board' thing as i was transitioning seats and refilling beers. can someone give me a lowdown on what happened?