Tasha's endeavors continue...w/ minor hiccup

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by battchy, Aug 27, 2002.

1. 1Bri Fanatic333

1Bri Fanatic333 New Member

Jul 12, 2000
    just thought I'd let you all know that I told my boss I had a big ol soccer tournament this weekend, and HAD to have it off. So now, I cant go home on Friday night, and I have to just go into work early Saturday, so I can be off by 5....

But I will be at the game for sure now, so YAY!! I wil get the card signed then....no worries.

2. battchy

battchy Member

Oct 18, 2001
    Mtn View, CA
    "3) Battchy / Bri, we need to start getting ducks in a row. I'm getting confused about what we have and what we still need. Can you guys give a rundown of where we are with:
    a) Amount collected
    b) Airplane ticket status
    c) Hotel reservations
    d) Card from players
    e) Seating location for the Sander's crew
    f) Decisions with any potential overages "

hey all...

here's the latest. quakes can't win on the road (tho that isn't a surprise to anyone here, i'm sure, and not on topic, but i wanted to be witty ;) )

seriously tho.

a) pending verification, and w/o knowing the total sums of people who would like refunds of some/all of their donation, we have +-$900 to work with pledged (not sure what's actually been collected).

b) i'm working w/ the individual to secure airline tix. i believe we can swing 3 tix, but will verify that by later today (worst case scenario is FFM's take care of 2 tix, we pay for the 3rd). will look to have them booked by thurs at latest.

c) quakes will probably put them up in their 'corporate' hotel. i spoke w/ erika about this on friday, and they (quakes) will largely be responsible for this side of things.

d) invite call/card f/ players. sounds like 1bri is on this like peanut-butter on jelly. if she can get a number of signatures by end of the game on the 7th, i think mailing the card to tasha would be great! (1bri, erika told me that tasha was particularly upset about not being able to get autograph f/ ariel, can you try to 'zero-in' on him?)as for the invite call from landon, planning on trying to do this tomorrow, about 2pm our time. erika has said she would make sure he's available, and i'm going to set up w/ tasha's mom to make sure tasha is around for when the call is supposed to come.

e) seating location. well, this one is a little harder to answer. w/ the 'crew' going to 3 people, i can't speak neccessarily for the ability to get them 'my' seats again due to the fact that i only actually control 2. erika did shoot me an email about this, and made some references to the quakes having reserved the couple seats next to us, tho, so i believe that we will be able to achieve them sitting there, regardless. will verify this by thurs as well.

f) overages. again, this answer belongs to the body. somebody suggested i put up a poll or vote, but i have no idea how to do that. so if someone who does can either PM me or set one up themselves for me, i would be appreciative.
    ----------------------

now, one thing that i've discovered since last communique is that a rental car, of any kind, won't work. tasha's mom is unable to drive outside of springfield (not sure why, just go with it), so we need to do limo/taxi/etc. planning for this may be easier to set up w/ some help f/ the quakes (or anyone else w/ experience w/ limo companies), and erika has suggested a limo company. she did pass on the wisdom of not having a limo 'wait,' however, as they apparently charge a very sizeable per-hour 'wait' fee. i personally, given the tone we're going for w/ this weekend for them, think the limo is the best answer, would just need to be organized well. thoughts?

anything else?

cheers,
    battch

GO QUAKES!!!

3. Turcs

Turcs Member

Apr 20, 2000
    Wake Forest, NC
    Hey battchy,

You might ask Michael North at the Britannia Arms to help with the limo. He's always doing special events and could probably swing a good deal.

Also, an easy way to deal with overages is to purchase and donate tickets to the "Kicks for Kids" program.

We've done that thru Club Quake in year's past and gotten kids and single parents from local shelters out to a game (ask Erika).

Mike

4. living_ded_boy

living_ded_boy New Member

May 24, 2001
    Pleasanton, Ca
    As to the distribution of the overages, I say the easy thing to do is after Tasha is all dialed in, buy quake tickets and pick a local youth team or organization(YMCA or PAL or Kicks for Kids) and get some kids to the LA match or the first playoff match. About the limo, how did Tasha get around when she was here the last time? Maybe use the same thing.

5. keepit0

keepit0 Member

Aug 15, 2001
    Two things:

1) On the limo. STOP. I'm looking into it, and I don't want to have us going in different directions.

I got screwed with my airline contact because things were taken in another direction. (I had someone at United looking at getting me free tickets, but by the time I got back to the board, miles from a generous soul had already been donated.) Now my contact thinks I'm an a-hole since they had to go through a lot of red tape to swing it, and after the work had been done, I had to say "no thanks".

If you have other limo contacts, go ahead and lob those at me. I'll take all contacts and figure something out.

2) It sounds like things are getting close. It sounds like we need to:
    a) still buy the tickets, which you'll be able to do after you confirm miles. (And we still need to do something for the person who donated the miles.)
    b) We need confirmation on a third seat for the game. Do you have a time when you'll have that confirmed?
    c) Get dates and hotel location confirmed with the Quakes.
    d) Get the card signed. Do we have any timeline on that? It would be best to have the written invite hit her house before the game.

The call is going to rock. The fact that it's going to happen tomorrow really makes it feel like this is going to happen. Good thought on the signature from Animal (Grazi).

Yeah, and what's up with blowing a 2-1 lead for a 4-2 loss? The Boys need to start sucking it up and quit pushing opposing midfielders while blowing their defensive assignments. Sheesh.

6. living_ded_boy

May 24, 2001
    Pleasanton, Ca

Wow.....like an organizational machine! Now if the Quakes could get this organized on the field! :(

7. 1Bri Fanatic333

Jul 12, 2000
    Re: Re: Tasha's endeavors continue...w/ minor hiccup

As long as he doesn't sneak out the back, I don't see a problem with getting a signature from Graz one bit. I am gong to get it all signed on saturday, as many as I can get, and either hand it off to somebody who has more to do with this than I do....or I will send it off myself. Regardless, it will definately get there in due time.

Can someboyd by any chance make sure that when Landon calls, to let her know there will be the card coming her way also, and to look for it? I don't have the powers or any clue as to get that message across.

8. living_ded_boy

May 24, 2001
    Pleasanton, Ca

Ok, it's not bad enough that she is all over Landon, but now she's all over my wifes man Graziani??? Uhhhh, wait a minute, shouldn't I be my wifes man???? Hmmmmm, i'll have to talk to her about that later, but in the meantime keep her away from Bower and Graziani.....My wife doesn't like it....one bit. ;)

9. 1Bri Fanatic333

Jul 12, 2000
    I try and stay away from Landon now....too many groupies for me. And hey...the Graz thing is official business!;) I'm only doin it for Tasha!:D

ps...Battch, check ur pms...

10. battchy

battchy Member

Oct 18, 2001
    Mtn View, CA
    "a) still buy the tickets, which you'll be able to do after you confirm miles. (And we still need to do something for the person who donated the miles.)
    b) We need confirmation on a third seat for the game. Do you have a time when you'll have that confirmed?
    c) Get dates and hotel location confirmed with the Quakes.
    d) Get the card signed. Do we have any timeline on that? It would be best to have the written invite hit her house before the game. "
    ------

a) tix will be bought today (are in the process as i type this) it turns out that it will be a 'sander's family event' in that tasha, her mom, her sister kayla (who came out w/ her last time), and her older sister maegan will be attending. (maegan is getting a ticket f/ a family friend on the missouri side, so we're not concerned about a plane ticket for her)

b) game tix are almost confirmed. i will be speaking w/ erika later today, but i have confirmed, in worst case scenario, that i can deliver 3 of the 4 tix that are in 'our' section of seats, so if the quakes can come up w/ at least 1 more, we are good. i don't anticipate a problem here.

c) dates and hotel confirmations, again, will be forthcoming (sorry). as far as dates, we are booking them on flights that land in san jose friday night at 10:23pm (sept 20). they will be flying out sunday morning at 7:58am (sept 22).

d) the card. 1bri, it seems to make sense for the card to be sent by you straight to the sander's house after you get as many signatures as possible on the 7th. i don't have their address yet, but when i get it i'll PM you w/ it.
    -----------------

as for landon saying something about the card being sent, i think we can get him to deliver that message no prob.

'keepit0' check your pm's about the limo stuff.

cheers all,
    battch

GO QUAKES!!!

11. keepit0

keepit0 Member

Aug 15, 2001
    OK, OK. I've learned how the PM works. I believe I was able to send you something back. If it didn't work let me know.

12. battchy

battchy Member

Oct 18, 2001
    Mtn View, CA
    well, it's official...

landon will be making the call for the invite today between 2pm and 3pm our time. the sander's are pretty stoked...

1bri, i had a thought about possiblities to get more quakes signatures. what about 'shake w/ the quakes' as an opportunity to fill out the autographs a tad? don't know if you are going to be there, but it was just a thought.

cheers,
    battch

GO QUAKES!!!

13. 1Bri Fanatic333

Jul 12, 2000

Yeah, if worse came ot worse, I was going to take it there with me also. The onyl thing with that is I was planing on getting my jersey signed, but we have been told you get one thing signed per person...so we'll see what happens. Regardless, I will get if possible, all the sigs of the players...

14. living_ded_boy

May 24, 2001
    Pleasanton, Ca

Glad to hear it! :D

Thanks for the inside info battchy! :)

15. Hawkeye17

Hawkeye17 DynaChick v QuakeBabe v WildKate v Chewie23

Aug 25, 1999
    Miami Vice 82
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Because of this, I would make that an exception if the players/staff know in advance just in case. Might be a thought given there will be the long lines for Wunderkid.

I am aware of the one autograph rule, but if you can sneak in a card for Tasha, then everyone else will have to understand.

16. 1Bri Fanatic333

Jul 12, 2000
    I will make sure that I get as many sigs as possible....bottom line.

17. living_ded_boy

May 24, 2001
    Pleasanton, Ca
    Landon called her yesterday and she turned down his invite, stating: "Landon, I think we're seeing too much of each other....I think we should see other people. You should move on with your life. I'm sure you'll find another gal." ;) J/K....J/K....J/K That would be kinda funny if she dogged him like that. :D

Seriously, any updates?

18. battchy

battchy Member

Oct 18, 2001
    Mtn View, CA
    quickie update:

plane tix are purchased and itinerary is on the way to them.

travel accomodations are being organized by 'keepit0'.

unfortunately, landon was unable to make the invitation call after all, but i was told he was intending to send her an email.

hotel situation is handled, but i don't have any specifics yet.

game seats are set. quakes will provide 2, i will provide 2. that means i need a seat in the casbah. is there room for me and a buddy (maybe a few buddies)?

now the quakes just need to win every game from here on in, and we're set.

thanks for all the support, everyone. this should be a really fun weekend for them.

cheers,
    battch

GO QUAKES!!!

19. living_ded_boy

May 24, 2001
    Pleasanton, Ca

Fear of rejection. :D

20. RUBY223

RUBY223 New Member

Jul 7, 2001
    Sunnyvale
    I just dropped off my check to Erika (actually to Maynard to give to her). I hope it isn't too late for it but I hadn't been by the Quakes office in while.

21. 1Bri Fanatic333

Jul 12, 2000

There is ALWAYs room in the Casbah.....don't worry, you and your frieds wil be just fine, as long as your loud.

22. elainemichelle

elainemichelle New Member

Jul 20, 2002
    Your, you're. There, their, they're.

23. Albany58

Albany58 Member+

Sep 14, 1999
    Concord, CA USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't confuse her.

24. elainemichelle

elainemichelle New Member

Jul 20, 2002
    Not trying to confuse her. I just have this kind of obsessive-compulsive thing with grammar. I do too much proofreading.

25. Smurfquake

Smurfquake Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2000
    San Carlos, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't spend too much time on the Internet. You'll go insane.