Tasha's endeavors continue...w/ minor hiccup

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by battchy, Aug 27, 2002.

1. 1Bri Fanatic333

1Bri Fanatic333 New Member

Jul 12, 2000
    Battch, check ur pms...

2. Spartan1

Spartan1 New Member

Feb 23, 2001
    San Jose
    Battchy....how much more do we need to accomplish this?

PM me when you get a chance.

Spartan Concessions GM

3. Spartan1

Spartan1 New Member

Feb 23, 2001
    San Jose
    ldb......PM me when you get chance

Spartan Concessions GM

4. IBleedTeal

IBleedTeal Member+

Jun 2, 2001
    Yves Fiat
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Are you by any chance replacing Landon in the starting lineup?!

5. 1Bri Fanatic333

Jul 12, 2000
    I just spent a good hour and a half making the invitation card. It's pretty cool.........I'll get all the guys to sign it for her.

6. battchy

battchy Member

Oct 18, 2001
    Mtn View, CA
    hi all,

sorry for no updates yesterday, had no time at all to do any work on this...

i will post full updates a little later today (probably after noon), unfortunately, still tied up right now. (and my girlfriend is loving it!!! hehehehe ;) j/k)

cheers all! and thanks for all the support!!!

battch

p.s. i looked at and received the pm's from ldb/brifanatic/bandwagon. thanks and no worries on everything.

GO QUAKES!!!

7. Spartan1

Spartan1 New Member

Feb 23, 2001
    San Jose
    Battchy, PM me when you can.....I gave some info to ldb :)

Spartan Concessions GM

8. living_ded_boy

living_ded_boy New Member

May 24, 2001
    Pleasanton, Ca
    Yay! Battchy is back......My $60 is on it's way! Can we get a $$$ re-cap?

9. Spartan1

Spartan1 New Member

Feb 23, 2001
    San Jose
    Yes battchy....how about a recap of the $

Also, check you PM's again.

:)

Spartan Concessions GM

10. battchy

battchy Member

Oct 18, 2001
    Mtn View, CA
    the latest and greatest!!!

btw...i've gotten a lot of praise for this, but in reality, all i'm doing is a little bookeeping/driving effort along w/ ldb (don't forget him, this wasn't my original idea). the support from the masses is what is making this happen, so any of you who want to thank me, make sure you thank yourselves first, ok?

here's the $$$ sitch:

battch $50
    LDB $50 (+$10) for $60
    club quake $100
    ruby223 $25
    IBT $25
    ross f/ st. paul $30 (+$20) for $50
    ken o $50
    chris r $50
    scotto $40
    keepit0 $40 + transportation
    don g $100
    leila m $25
    rosemary t $50
    1brifan $10 (+ invite card)
    bandwagon $50
    supersport $50
    spartan1 ???(to be determined)

TOTAL (as of now, b4 spartan1's pledge): $735!!!!!

so this is going to happen!!! what we need to discuss is how we want to deliver the news. i'll call her mom and tell her it's on, and ask her to keep it secret for now still. erika f/ the quakes had spoken w/ landon about this, and mentioned to him the idea of a personal invite, etc., and she said he was all for it. thoughts?

1brifan, i love your creativity w/ your card, and i think having the whole team sign that for her would be cool (i'll call you, per your pm). and where do y'all think she'd want to sit? i/we would be willing to provide our seats again. as for the casbah, if it's her mom that is coming out w/ her (which i think it probably will be), maybe that's not the best place?...tho i wouldn't mind joining you guys over there, just this once. :)

as for any overages, tasha did get an official jersey when she was here last time, i know that for sure. turcs had sent me a suggestion that anything over what we need could maybe be used to bring some kids from the stanford children's hospital (or some similar organization) to a/some games? the overages (if any) would come from the body, so i'd need to have your input. i'm not planning on running this like the red cross ;).

let me know, and 'well-in' quakes fans!!!

cheers,
    battch

GO QUAKES!!!

11. living_ded_boy

May 24, 2001
    Pleasanton, Ca
    Awesome......as long as Tasha has her needs taken care of, I personally don't care what is done with any extra $$$. It's all good!!! :D This girl picked Landon, the Quakes and especially Spartan(instead of Arrowhead) to make her initial wish, i'm thinking this was pretty cool.

Get your $$$ in quickly so battchy isn't left hangin. Remember to make checks to steve battchy and send them (or drop them off) to the Quakes office c/o Erika Guth. Quake Fans ROCK!!! :D

12. 1Bri Fanatic333

Jul 12, 2000
    I sent outmy money late last night, so I imagine it was picked up this morning, and sent out.

The card is done, and I will start having the team sign it on the 7th. Hopefully I can get them ALL to sign it before we have to send it out. (Let me know a dead-line so that I can get it to you by then please...I was thinkin Ill get as many as I can the game on the 7th, and then u can send it out after it, but thats your call)

The card is 3 pages, made from construction paper. The first page (c0ver) is white, with cut out free-handed letters on the front in black that says Tasha really big, and then in smaller light blue free-handed cut out letters, it says...."The SJ Earthquakes"...
    Then you open to the second page, wich is yellow, with a huge blue and black soccer ball on it, in a bunch of pretty, decorated lettering it says "Would love to invite you back to Spartan Stadium, September 21st: Against the evil Los Angeles Galaxy!!"
    And on the third page, which is pink, it says "SEE!!"
    and "LOOK!!" across the top, with arrows pointing to (open space as f right now....where the players will sign)...And at the bottom of the page, it says, "All of the players really want you to come!"

I was goingto see if I could find some string to put it together with, but have had no such luck as of yet. I'm going to keep trying, but if I am unable to find some, I will just staple it together.

So...good enough? I knwo it prob sounds stupid, bt I think it's cute....

13. living_ded_boy

May 24, 2001
    Pleasanton, Ca

Awesome Lindsey!......uhhhh....as long as you spelled everything right. ;)

14. 1Bri Fanatic333

Jul 12, 2000
    LMAO...I was going to put that the quakes requsted her presence....but I wasnt sure how to spell presence (If thats even right) So I had to sit and think about how to reword it and use words I knew how to spell.

15. battchy

battchy Member

Oct 18, 2001
    Mtn View, CA
    this just keeps getting better and better...

first, spartan1 has graciously offered to cover the difference from my last post of $65, so we have our $800!!!

second (and this is really cool), i've had an offer from one member here to volunteer his frequent flyer miles (he apparently has and ungodly amount) to fly tasha and whomever out here, FIRST CLASS. this is REALLY sweet, but it leaves us w/ a few decisions to make.

what do we want to do? the $$$ raised is your $$$, so you will all decide. presuming we take the first class frequent flyer route, i would need direction on what you would like done w/ the money you sent in. as i see it, there are a few options.

1. keep the money in a pool for any ancillary expenses of the weekend (travel, food, souvenirs, etc.), thus freeing 'keepit0' from having to cover the extra expenses of renting a car or whatever. it's been figured renting a car for sat/sun will cost +-$100, food for 2 people for the weekend may run as much as $200, and make this an 'all expenses paid' trip (or as close as to make no difference). with any funds left over being returned to their senders on a pro-rata basis, or any left-over being kept for future use w/ some other oranization/quest.

2. say 'thank-you' to the individual that offered the miles, but still use the $$$ raised for the tix, since that was the original idea and that is what you all sent it in for. again, i won't spend a penny w/o your approvals on anything but plane tix.

3. say 'thank-you' to the individual that offered the miles, use the miles, and have the checks returned to their original senders to make them whole.

4. some kind of hybrid of these ideas, or any other ideas layed out by the body.

let me hear your thoughts!

cheers,
    battch

GO QUAKES!!!

16. supersport

supersport New Member

Oct 17, 2001
    San Francisco
    I like option number 1. Whatever money is left over, just keep it in a fund for future use, or donate it to a good cause.

17. Beerking

Beerking Member+

Nov 14, 2000
    Humboldt County
    Option #5. Buy a couple of kegs of great beer and drink them in her honor!:D:

18. battchy

battchy Member

Oct 18, 2001
    Mtn View, CA
    gift ideas...

i spoke w/ tasha's mom about an hour ago, and she said 2 things i thought we could work w/.

first, tasha did get a ball when she was out here last, but it wasn't signed by the team. can anyone help there?

second, her mom will in fact be the one accompanying tasha on this trip, and she doesn't have a jearsey/scarf. maybe we can get her something w/ extra $$$, if there is any?

thoughts?

cheers,
    battch

GO QUAKES!!!

19. living_ded_boy

May 24, 2001
    Pleasanton, Ca
    Suggestions besides the ones already on the board:

I already sent my $$$ so i'm counting it spent.

1.) Maybe pay for her to bring a friend if her mom is already coming. (I know it would be more fun for me as a teen to bring a friend)

2.) Treat her to Great America if the time is available.

3.)All in all, make sure her trip is 1st class from beginning to end since Tasha is the priority here. After that, paying for kids from some local organization to come to the match would be great. You have done great so far battchy, I don't imagine anyone would gripe about anything you propose.

20. battchy

battchy Member

Oct 18, 2001
    Mtn View, CA
    fyi...

she went to great america last time she was here, or so i understand...

battch

21. elainemichelle

elainemichelle New Member

Jul 20, 2002
    Even though I am the one with no money here I say bring a friend. Soccer games are more fun with friends.

22. 1Bri Fanatic333

Jul 12, 2000
    If her mother and her don't mind standing out in Auo alley after the game, I can handle that one. Most of the time, even when a player is only going to sign a few things, they come over and say hi to me anyways....so I could prob make sure that close to everybody, if not everybdoy signs her ball. Make sure she brings it along.

As for the FFM option....(My guess is Bill, if so, YOU THE MAN BILL!) I say we use them, take the money that we have already got together, and make sure that dinners, travel, and so forth are paid for. I also like the idea of her bringing a friend along, if thats possible on her end....(Battch, can you call and check this out soon?) If not, thats fine too. I LUV the idea of gettin her mom sumthing great. This is prob taking so much out of her also. Besides, she has given birth, and raised the person this is all for. She deserves something, most definately.

just my 2 cents

23. living_ded_boy

May 24, 2001
    Pleasanton, Ca

Good to know. Battch, maybe use a poll for a vote so we can resolve it sooner, that way you aren't left trying to figure this out. Of course anyone that wants their money back should be able to withdraw it altogether by sending you a PM.

24. living_ded_boy

May 24, 2001
    Pleasanton, Ca

Yup, maybe her mom can secretly ask one of her friends to be available. I'm sure she has a friend that would love to take a trip to SJ to meet Landon. If she doesn't have any friends, I will be sad. ;) Did she go to the Brit last time she was here?

25. living_ded_boy

May 24, 2001
    Pleasanton, Ca

I knew that stalking thing was gonna come in handy one day.....Lindsey, you're the best! :D