Targets for January Transfer Window

Discussion in 'Manchester City' started by gdub171, Sep 11, 2007.

1. chinesefootballfan

Oct 11, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    nothing wrong with Mancini, but I thought our weakness is lack of striker options, not midfield. I thought our midfiled was fairly strong.

2. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Are you not taking the Alves rumour seriously or something? It's backed up by the English papers even.

3. CCSC_STRIKER20

CCSC_STRIKER20 New Member

May 14, 2005
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's not saying much.

4. nathanakata

nathanakata New Member

Mar 20, 2007
    MELBOURNE
    any news on aussie brasciano?

5. Giallorossiguy

Giallorossiguy New Member

Feb 2, 2007
    Podolski on loan would be nice

I have been hearing a lot of rumors about an argentinian midfieldder Name Jonas Gutierrez being linked with city

6. ProfZodiac

ProfZodiac Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 17, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bianchi's got a foot out the door on the way to Lazio.

Wonderful. :mad: As if we weren't short enough on strikers with Castillo and Bojinov still sidelined, we're letting one of our only healthy, productive guys go.

Emile Mpenza to the white courtesy phone.

7. Lynne_mcfc

Lynne_mcfc New Member

Aug 19, 2007
    GTA, Canada
    Hi ProfZ

I too had the same thoughts, maybe there's a player Lazio wants to trade back to us? Do they have anyone we need? Can't see SGE sending him away without having a sure-'fired' replacement or some cunning plan. We'll have to watch the press for SGE's comments.

Let's not be too hasty or panicky: Mpenza to the red emergency 'phone. :D

8. MVF

MVF Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Victoria
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I was thinking last night, if we could somehow wrangle Obafemi Martins out of Newcastle, he would be the perfect striker for us, especially alongide Bojinov.

If we don't gather another striker within the two remaining weeks, it's goodbye Europe and hello 10th place.

9. CCSC_STRIKER20

CCSC_STRIKER20 New Member

May 14, 2005
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, I agree. I couldn't believe Sven let Bianchi go. I mean of course he probably wasn't happy, but your other strikers are injured or just not good enough. Not trying to troll, you guys can have Kuyt and Voronin off us if you want :D

10. MVF

MVF Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Victoria
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Sven has earnt our trust, so i guess we just have to trust him and that's the bottom line.

Apparently Roberto Mancini's kid is on trail at the moment, 17 year old winger who made his senior Inter debut last week in a cup of some form. Could be one for the future.

11. Lynne_mcfc

Lynne_mcfc New Member

Aug 19, 2007
    GTA, Canada
    Thanks, but no thanks. Crouch or Torres, other than that... no thanks. :D

12. fadarico

fadarico New Member

Mar 16, 2007
    Iraq-Baghdad
    Hi
    Wut is the complete story about Nasha't refusal and why was he refused???

and I hv still another Q. is there really no player in the EPL originaly from a team below 70 in international ranking???

13. Lynne_mcfc

Lynne_mcfc New Member

Aug 19, 2007
    GTA, Canada
    The MCFC web-site said that his work permit was refused. Work permits are controlled by the Home Office for the British government and they make the rulings. MCFC's appeal regarding the rejection of the work permit failed. Maybe there will be more info from the media.

Can anyone with EPL stats answer the above question? Chinesefootballfan, are you up for the challenge?

Lynne

14. chinesefootballfan

Oct 11, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    You rang????? ha ha ha

Sun Jihai broke into Manchester City in 2002, before City was promoted to EPL. During that time, China was ranked in the 60s. By the time Sun Jihai played his first Premiership game, China was still ranked in the 60s.

Now, on to Li Tie. He broke into EPL during the 02/03 season with Everton, when China was ranked in the 60s.

Now, on to Dong Fangzhuo of Manchester United. He was officially part of the team after he got his work permit in 2006 but did not make his debute until 2007. By the time he made his first debute, China was ranked well below the 70s. So the answer to the question is.... YES, at least looking at China, there has been a foreign player who's country was ranked below the 70s when he made his debute.

Lynn, how did I do?

15. Alan D

Alan D New Member

Nov 5, 2005
    York
    THE FA REALLY ARE TWATS. IRAQ AVERAGE ONE PLACE OUTSIDE THE 70 THAT IS NEEDED, BUT HES PLAYED 63 TIMES ALREADY AND HES ONLY JUST TURNED 24!!!!!! YET THE ARSE-RIMMING TOP 4 MANAGE TO SIGN UNCAPPED PLAYERS FROM ANYWHERE AND THEY GET PERMITS. THE RAGS SIGNED THAT ANGOLAN STRIKER AND THEY GOT A WORK PERMIT FOR HIM, YET HE ONLY HAS 17 CAPS, HES OLDER THAN NASHAT AND HAS LESS CAPS. THATS ONLY ONE EXAMPLE. UNBELIEVEABLE, THE FA IS CORRUPT.

Cant wait for this window to shut, its just bringing in a load of crap and for some reason we're getting rejected by clubs left right and centre for new players.

16. fadarico

fadarico New Member

Mar 16, 2007
    Iraq-Baghdad
    Can I plz add Adebayore (Arsenal) & York (X-Man UTD & Sunderland) from Tobago and Trinidad which is 78th in the International Ranking

Anyway poor Nashat he is really a talented boy He'd add something to the midfield

17. Lynne_mcfc

Lynne_mcfc New Member

Aug 19, 2007
    GTA, Canada
    Thanks for getting the ball rolling! :eek: With this post and subsequent posts, the precedent has already been set. The FA are making themselves look really bad and making excuses for their decision. So the January transfer window is almost over, lots of speculation looks like it had come to nothing.

The summer looks a better time to buy (and more money available because we didn't spend in January) and maybe we'll have a choice of players from the EPL, it'll make the transfer easier.

18. MVF

MVF Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Victoria
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    The rumours are circling that we are interested in CSKA Moscow's Jo and Vagner Love.

Both extremely talented forwards. I would LOVE for this to come true .. More likely for moves in the summer though. I can hope though.

19. MVF

MVF Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Victoria
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
  20. chinesefootballfan

Oct 11, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    the transfer window is almost over. at this point, rumors no longer excite me as there have been too many already. all we got is Niery Castillo. We got rid of Bianchi, does anyone know how much we got paid for loaning Bianchi?

21. Alan D

Alan D New Member

Nov 5, 2005
    York
    £200,000 apparently

22. fadarico

fadarico New Member

Mar 16, 2007
    Iraq-Baghdad
    Last news that I heared from the Manager of the Iraqi football association that Nashaat got the work permit today and he'll play for the MCFC soon ??? any conformation from UK??

23. Alan D

Alan D New Member

Nov 5, 2005
    York
    I hope thats the case. Reports over here are that they are re-looking at the situation and MPs are working to try and get a work permit for him so the move can go ahead. Something could happen by tomorrow so he signs and they want him to join for political reasons as well.

God do I hate transfer windows, I build up my own expectations in October, November, December, with Thaksin saying we're going to buy big and get one or two big signings. As usual, as it was last year, it gets to the last few days and nothings been done successfully. Not blaming Thaksin or anyone, it sounds like we've tried to get players but we've been rejected by their clubs but its still frustrating. Especially as we have to rely on Vassell, Mpenza and Sturridge to supply the goals for the rest of the season! Sturridge is now our best striker but he cant be depended upon as hes only young. Still time to get a replacement for Bianchi but its looking less likely.

24. MVF

MVF Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Victoria
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
  25. chinesefootballfan

Oct 11, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    At this point, I don't think anything is going to happen. Let's hope Castillo and Bojinov recovers fast and perform. Sturridge is a bright spot, but he's too yonge.

I haven't lost hope in Bojinov yet, because he needs to have a chance to suck, he hasn't even had a chance to suck yet. ha ha ha.