Taping

Discussion in 'Player' started by SAFC till i die, Jul 3, 2004.

1. SAFC till i die

SAFC till i die New Member

Jun 30, 2004
    Sunderland
    what part of your body do you tape up before a match and is there any usefull thiongs i could used for my upper leg/calf cos it seems to ache a bit?

2. Tony Dellbird

Tony Dellbird English and Proud

Mar 26, 2004
    Jolly Ol' England
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    For some weird reason i put tape round my fingers, don't ask why cos i don't know. I also put insulating tape round the top of my socks to hold them up when i slide.
    I'm also a fan of gaffer-taping injuries but boy does it sting when you take it off and all the sticky plastic has melted on to your skin.

3. AjaX.amSterdam

AjaX.amSterdam New Member

May 20, 2004
    The Netherlands
    I'll put my tape like zidane and everything.. ( I don't know how to call that place :p ) to hold my shinguards up..

4. SAFC till i die

Jun 30, 2004
    Sunderland
    wotr u mean gaffer-taping?

5. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I sometimes put some tape around my ankles at the bottom of my shin pads if they are slipping because i hate ankle protectors.

And if i'm wearing a ring or something the that gets taped. But sometimes i put a nike 'finger sleeve' over it instead.

appleCORR

6. Tony Dellbird

Tony Dellbird English and Proud

Mar 26, 2004
    Jolly Ol' England
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Like making a bandage out of Duck tape or Masking tape, like boxers do on their fists before they put their gloves on.

7. SAFC till i die

Jun 30, 2004
    Sunderland
    ahhhhhhhhhhh kk so does ne1 no wot has happened to my ankles? ive got pains when i run on the outside of me upper ankle lower leg sort of thing feels like me leg is gonna break or sumthin anytihn i can do?

8. C. Ronaldo7

C. Ronaldo7 New Member

Dec 5, 2003
    Maryland
    I sometimes tape my socks to hold up my shinguards.

9. Lampard123

Lampard123 New Member

May 17, 2004
    Dundee,Scotland
    Best thing to do would be to go to the doctors.And try and describe your symptoms a little bit more clearly cos i'm not too sure what you mean sorry :confused:

10. romagol10

romagol10 Member

Jul 23, 2003
    CO
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I tape my left ankle (I've sprained or twisted it too many times to risk not taping it) and wrap any extra tape that I cut off around my left wrist.

11. ConorM

ConorM New Member

Jun 6, 2004
    Ooooh, we have a pretty boy here people!! lol....

THe only tape I use is to tape the tongue and the laces down so they don't flap about, a bit of black masking tape does the job. My socks usually stay up by themselves and I don't mind the ankle protectors so I don't need it anywhere else. Some on my team put tape everywhere, its annoying.

12. Callump

Callump New Member

Mar 14, 2004
    Orlando, Florida
    that would be pretty girl i believe.

13. tysagk17

tysagk17 New Member

Apr 10, 2004
    Georgia
    i like to tape my right ankle. because thats the foot i shoot with. I also do this so it cant twist easily. it also gives me support if im wearing my soft ground vapors

14. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Hahaha :) thanks Callump! Yeah i think because im a girl i can get away with wearing a finger sleeve! :)

appleCORR

15. Futballer

Futballer New Member

Mar 23, 2004
    Canada
    I only tape my ankles when they are sore.
    Usually in indoor they hurt for some reason......

16. ConorM

ConorM New Member

Jun 6, 2004
    A girl, playing football! What's next, Greece winning the European Championships! Someone called me a misogynist once....

lol fair play, but who came up with the idea of making a 'fingersleeve' in the first place? They actually have those? My god what is the world coming too, a bit of tape does rightly.

17. Callump

Callump New Member

Mar 14, 2004
    Orlando, Florida
    ouch, but fingersaves are for basketball i think? Anyway i dont understand what it does.

18. Roite

Roite New Member

Apr 22, 2004
    How are you suppose to tape around your ankles and what kind of tape works best to protect your ankles??????????

19. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yeah finger sleeves are for basket ball. They are for when you've got sprained fingers i think. They offer some support. But some footballers wear them over the top of there rings instead of tape. You can get them in loads of different colours. One of the Greece players had a blue one on the other night. They are just elasticated material with a nike tick on them.

appleCORR

20. Case

Case Member

May 5, 2004
    Cambridge, England
    Exactly, finger sleeves simply allow me to get 1 more advertising logo sumwhere onto my body, which is a good thing. I actually wear them when I go out clubbing, 'coz for sum readson I rekkon it impresses the girls! ;)
    I usually wear the Nike sleeve on my engagement ring finger, but sumtimes take it off so not to scare off an adidas rep :p

21. JNINE

JNINE New Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Spartanburg,SC
    Does anyone know how to do a good taping job? Everybody knows the vapors give you blisters the first time you wear them. I got some blisters and I need to know a way to do a good tape job to do Around my heels. That is where I got the blisters. Looking for some new ideas.

22. ConorM

ConorM New Member

Jun 6, 2004
    Simply never wear boots that give you blisters, ever. WOuld you wear a shirt that gave you a rash? Boots should be comfortable and fit snugly, blisters are a sure sign of a badly fitting boot.

23. sunburnt

sunburnt New Member

Apr 19, 2004
    Elgin, Il
    i tape below and over my shinguards but i should also tape my ankle cause it wwont stop hurting since this guy went cleat up on me. i dont know why but it shoudla stopped hurting by now.