Tampa Marauders FC

Discussion in 'NPSL' started by tampasteve1, Nov 5, 2012.

1. JeffKuntz

JeffKuntz Member

Oct 17, 2011

From the article:

----------------------

The Marauders went into the final weekend needing 3 points AND a loss by Storm FC vs Miami AND to make up a goal differential of 4 goals on Storm FC to claim the number 3 spot. In the end Tampa posted a 3-0 victory over Cape Coral, Storm FC lost to Miami United 2-1 and in the deadlock tie, won the coin toss to claim the #3 seed in the conference championship.

----------------------

That's a timely, much needed 3-0 win! Tell us about Tampa's victory, msilverstein!

2. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    well I could have ALSO told you about this, but I decided not to bore everyone to tears:

from Tampa's FB page: "Well after an eventful 36 hours where we were told the league would not honor Cape Coral's forfeit to (next) being told to reschedule the game to (next) the other team again forfeiting to then being put into a coin toss to decide the 3rd and 4th seeds...we finally end up getting the 3rd seed and have to play Jacksonville 'officially'."

3. JeffKuntz

JeffKuntz Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Oh wow so Cape forfeited..

So like they didn't even show up for the original game? Terrible.

4. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Welcome to the NPSL.

5. JeffKuntz

JeffKuntz Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Cape showed up.. game starts.. massive, really bad storm.. field was totally unplayable.. Cape asked to reschedule.. Tampa said no.. Cape waited a bit, still storm.. field wouldn't be safe any time soon.. Cape asked to reschedule.. Tampa still said no.. Cape said whatever and left.. Tampa declared Cape forfeited.. NPSL got whole story said WTF to Tampa.. NPSL ordered game replayed.. Cape said nevermind.. msilverstein47 crowed about Tampa's glorious ability to overcome the goal differential.. Jeff Kuntz got 10 minutes of amusement.. Kenn said welcome to NPSL..

SoccerPrime repped this.
  6. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #106 msilverstein47, Jul 8, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2014
    not sure that I crowed about anything...basically just posted a link

7. JeffKuntz

JeffKuntz Member

Oct 17, 2011
    You are what you link.

SoccerPrime repped this.
  8. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "That is great. How great is that? The J-Man from T-Town with a great reset. That is great. The next five emails I read are going to be about how great that reset from J-Man was. That is great."

:D

SoccerPrime repped this.
  9. JeffKuntz

JeffKuntz Member

Oct 17, 2011
    OHH LOOK AT ME I'M KENN ... I bet J-Man doesn't even know how many people were at that Tampa game.. ANd when you're me (Kenn) every post is the Superbowl .. because everyone (average 231 people) reads my posts and thinks I know it all and then I play it off like I think I don't, but I do.. AND I GOT THE STATS TO BACK IT UP

10. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You know I'm not ripping you, right? That's an homage.

I actually quite like you. But if you're going to be a dick about it, ******** you.

11. JeffKuntz

JeffKuntz Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Oh I thought you were ripping me, in jest.. I read aloud what I had wrote, pretending like Jim Rome would say it and I laughed quite a bit..

I thought your post was hilarious but I was not going to let it stand alone. :)

12. tampasteve1

tampasteve1 Member

Tampa Bay Rowdies and Strikers
    Jul 21, 2009
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So, apparently the Marauders are not in the NPSL any longer? I have not been following them too closely, but their website says they are in the CSLUSA (Champions Soccer League USA), a league that hopes to gain D4 status, apparently.
    http://www.cslusa.net/
    From their website:
    The Commissioner of the CSL is also the President of the Marauders. Both CSL and Marauders website leave something to be desired....the old Marauders site looked fairly professional, but the current one (I am not sure exactly how new it is) looks terrible.

13. Owen Thornhill

Dec 22, 2012
    Club:
    Cork City
    depending on the fixture list they could play in both leagues. But i am skeptical at how good of a standard this new league will be.

14. tampasteve1

tampasteve1 Member

Tampa Bay Rowdies and Strikers
    Jul 21, 2009
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good point, but I don't think they will be playing in the NPSL this year. The CSL website lists the other Florida NPSL teams as previous members of the CSL league and the Marauders website does not mention the NPSL anywhere any longer. That said, the NPSL website still lists the Marauders, but they tend to be slow to update their website. I will see if I can get any answers from the club.

15. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Awesome we totally needed more leagues. At least this one is a Florida one, so its sorta regionalized. Maybe it will work. I think its the 3rd or 4th try at a FL-only league in the last 10 years.