Taking over the world, one transfer at a time - Transfer Thread (2010)

Discussion in 'Manchester City' started by MVF, May 24, 2010.

1. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    In Italy they report you are interested in our midfielder De Rossi and offering him a contract worth 9 million euros a year. :(

2. chinesefootballfan

Oct 11, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    meh, just about every player is linked with City. Don't read too much into yet. Though I wouldn't mind having De Rossi on our squad. Either way, Mancini's fixated with selling Tevez and buying Kun right now. We'll see what happens.

3. Fevernova99

Fevernova99 Member

May 3, 2003
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Tevez is unlikely to return to Brazil this summer, keep him until the Jan transfer window and try again while loan him somewhere in the meantime? Mancini doenst seem like a guy who would welcome Tevez back into the squad, he would rather move on from this already before more distractions. But the first run of bad results will throw Tevez's name right back into the gossip column and cause massive distractions.

4. StuMCFC

StuMCFC Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 1, 2008
    Manchester
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I think he/his agent are using us to get him a pay rise at Roma to be honest, seen it a hundred times since we were taken over. Then again, there is a possibility we really are interested but I'm not sure as we have so many regular midfielders, it is attacking midfielders we lack, hence the interest in Nasri.

5. chinesefootballfan

Oct 11, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Rags about to seal the deal for Sneijder. Crap, just what we need. All we get is Nasri and must overpay for it.

This is not good momemtum to start the season. A devestating defeat at Wembley, morales at a low, a bunch of our players complaining about wages (De Jong and Kompany), tevez and balotelli are still bitching, and Sneijder to the rags, Mancini repeatedly stating we're not ready for the title. WTF......can someone shed some light onto me? I am depressed. Sorry for being so negative.

6. jacksonevan2608

jacksonevan2608 New Member

Feb 16, 2011
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    I really doubt Mancini was ever interested in wesley I can almost gaurante his agent came out and said he was about to sign for city so that way united would hurry up and make the singing..... It happens all the time agents claim city is interested just so someone else will hurry up and wrap up a deal before city comes in with the big bucks..... Although id love to see him at city and he will make united a whole lot stronger

7. Fevernova99

Fevernova99 Member

May 3, 2003
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Why are you depressed, have you forgotten 3-4 years back when the best we can sign involved Petrov, Bianchi and Fernandes? Now we are signing guys on top of everyones wishlist like Tevez, Dzeko, Kun Aguero and David Silva to perform for us. The team should be finishing amongst the top 4 again this year, also some big mid week games against top European sides coming ahead. Losing the community shield was tough but we were competitive in the match, if anything you should be excited at the possibilities coming up this season :)

Honestly from the videos on MCFC i think the team has a great atmosphere, a lot of press are trying to create problems that doesnt exist.

8. chinesefootballfan

Oct 11, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    I appreciate the kind thoughts. Here are the reasons that I am depressed. Top 4 finish will be a dissapointment given the amount of talent and budget we have.

To be honest, the only way to justify our spending on transfers and wages is if we win the league. In terms of Europe, semi finals should be considered a good result and quarter finals should be the bare minimum. Anything below that, we wouldn't do justice to our resources. Carling Cup and FA Cup, I am not that big on, I care more about the league and Europe.

So the expectations are high. Look at the way we played at Wembley. Do you think this team is ready to be considered a top team in Europe? I watched the second half, we were waiting around on the pitch expecting something good to happen while the Rags were making things happen, that's why we lost it. Good teams, top teams, championship teams, don't lose it late in the game as much as we do. I pray with all my heart that this is a rare choke.

9. thejuggernaut

thejuggernaut Member

Mar 25, 2007
    PA
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Easy, CFF. It was a joke match were you can use 7 subs and only 2 teams can win the damn thing, plus it goes right to pens after 90. And the winner of the match doesn't make any money, they give it away.

I love the shield because it's the only "trophy" that everyone forgets about after 1 week.

10. colombialove banned

Aug 4, 2011
    Manchester City offered 40 million for Hulk.

11. deadendnights

deadendnights Member

Jul 15, 2010
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No they didn't.

Reports suggest Nasri could be tied up before the Swansea game on Monday.

12. thecitizen

thecitizen Member

Sep 29, 2007
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    First, you know you loved Petrov. When he came in he was more than electric and he was instantly being sharked by the "top teams". Him and Elano were more than exciting and Michael Johnson felt like the next Colin Bell (which breaks my heart knowing he never achieved his full potential).

Second, I also agree the team has a good atmosphere for being together as long as they have. I have to critique Balotelli though. I loved that we got him but now I am starting to doubt his influence on our performances. Sure he can score some goals... but when the pressure is up against him, he seems to crack. I am more than a fan of Balotelli and I want him to make a great career here but his actions are just screaming Joey Barton 2. (Great talent, but attitude ruins his legacy.)

13. Zeljo Fanatico

Zeljo Fanatico Member+

Aug 8, 2011
    All these guys turned up today. It takes some time to build a powerful and cohesive squad. What City has at this point is major artillery.. players like Yaya Toure, Dzeko, Silva, Aguero, Balotelli, Tevez, Kompany, De Jong, Richards, Hart, etc. all in one squad. On paper, this is one of the 5 strongest sides in the world. All it takes now is a couple years for these guys to build some chemistry and cohesion like what's happened with Barca. In 3-4 years, City will be up there in the semis and finals of the CL, if not already this year.

14. chinesefootballfan

Oct 11, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Not trying to ruin the parade, but it is only Swansea afterall. Our early schedule is crucial as we are playing mid to low table teams. Tottenham is the only challenge we have for the next 5 weeks I think. We've got to get all these points because it's a long road ahead of us.

15. Fevernova99

Fevernova99 Member

May 3, 2003
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Yes I loved Petrov and Elano and even Richard Dunne but thats not the point, the point is we now sign WORLD CLASS players instead of just good players. It has been around 3 years ago when we were heading into a season with Hughes thinking a top 10 and maybe a push for a European spot would be fantastic, now we are in the CL and could beat any team in the league. Some here have suffered a lot longer than me, for me in the not too distant past City had a season where nothing was going right and hovered around relegation and barely scoring any goals. So looking at this season I'll be enjoying each game instead of worrying so much about the targets and expectations, with the money spent some hater will be out there complaining if we lose out on one of the trophies.

16. deadendnights

deadendnights Member

Jul 15, 2010
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Every post from you is negative. Give it a rest, enjoy a game and a result. Worry about next week on Wed/Thurs. Boys put a shift in and Aguero looks like he Silva and Dzeko have been playing together more than just a week. Speaking of Dzeko he looked the part yesterday(and most of the preseason games i caught as well)

I'm interested to see how Johnson, Milner, Barry shift in and out throughout the season especially if Nasri comes in. Up front if Carlos stays how do you keep 4 strikers happy every week. There are 29 games(maybe 30) possible between now and the January transfer window. Will Mario be happy with 15-20 appearances?

17. chinesefootballfan

Oct 11, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Yeah, I just didn't want to be too excited too early.

No trouble at all keeping 4 strikers happy. We're going to play 50+ games this season, anticipating a good run at the Champions League, Carling Cup, and FA Cup. If Tevez stays, Kun + Tevez should be our strikers for 30 league games and most of Champions League games. Dzeko and Balotelli should be the choices for the Carling Cup and FA Cup, especially in early rounds. That's my thought

18. SuperJville

SuperJville Member

May 7, 2004
    Florida
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    LOL "no trouble at all" and only 2 sentences later you say Dzeko and Balotelli should be the choices in the Carling and FA cup. You think those guys will be happy playing there only?

19. Handsome Pete

Handsome Pete Member+

May 16, 2011
    Minneapolis
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think Kun and Dzeko looked great (along with Silva). Wouldn't mind seeing that trio from the start of the next match.

Maybe I'm naive, but let the players who want to play for City get the league starts, the Champions League starts.

20. Zeljo Fanatico

Zeljo Fanatico Member+

Aug 8, 2011
    Read my mind.

21. chinesefootballfan

Oct 11, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Carling Cup and FA Cup are great competitions once you get beyond quarter finals. Plus, they will still be used as subs in most of the games including Champions League. When a team plays 50+ high level competitive games, its players are bound to get playing time.

22. StuMCFC

StuMCFC Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 1, 2008
    Manchester
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Already fears of a recurrence of Balotelli's right knee injury. Just shows that four top strikers can be sustainable as there is a high probability that at least one will be carrying some sort of knock/injury at each point of the season.

Nasri will be signed by Friday at latest it seems now too.

23. celeste4life

celeste4life Member

Dec 16, 2007
    United States
    Club:
    CA Peñarol
    Nat'l Team:
    Uruguay
    Can you guys please hurry up and sign Sebastian Coates ASAP?

I want him gone from my rival nacioMAL as soon as possible

24. StuMCFC

StuMCFC Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 1, 2008
    Manchester
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Mancini does want Coates but the board are reluctant to give him any more money this transfer window. The sale of Vladimir Weiss to Kiev for 3-4m and the pending sales of SWP and Onuoha may change that.

But if we don't get coates, he has many admirers and will be signed by someone I think. Great prospect, we need a tall and imposing defender like him long-term.

25. StuMCFC

StuMCFC Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 1, 2008
    Manchester
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    The Nasri saga is almost over, the squabble over agent fees seems to have been solved, and Arsenal have announced that he will join us, so long as personal terms (agreed upon long ago) and a medical are completed.