Take over the gold cup in chicago

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by helpmenow, Apr 15, 2007.

1. helpmenow

helpmenow New Member

Feb 12, 2002
    san diego
    US fans Check list
    1 Lets take over the south end zone. Section 119-126
    2 A Place to tailgate
    3 A pub crawl the night before the semifinal and final
    4 When you are in chicago make sure you stand out, Wear your US gear around chicago
    5 We need to march in to the game at the same time.
    6 STAND AND CHANT DURING WHOLE MATCH
    7 We need sign all over the place
    8 wear red.
    Go USA

2. Galaxian

Galaxian Member

Oct 30, 2005
    Newport Beach, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    10) US- make it to the final... :)

Ill be flying into Chicago on Wednesday, and will be wearing my US stuff around downtown Chicago , and at the Cubs game im going to , so if you see me, stop and say hi.

3. RoleModel83

RoleModel83 Member

Jul 27, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hotel rates are absolutely ridiculous for that weekend...at least everything in the downtown area, although I did find much more reasonable rates out near the airports. Don't like the Midway area, but O'Hare seemed nice when I was there a few years ago.

I doubt this would be possible, but anyone know if ther'll be a supporters' hotel/rate?

4. Galaxian

Galaxian Member

Oct 30, 2005
    Newport Beach, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yes they certainly are. there is a discount at Doubletree Hotels, but the closest one to downtown is 16 miles away, which makes it difficult to get in and out of the city easily.

5. RoleModel83

RoleModel83 Member

Jul 27, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I noticed that thread after posting here...looks like the discount is valid at all Hilton properties. I'm looking into booking the Embassy Suites O'Hare - Rosemont; rate is about $30 more per night than the Doubletree O'Hare, but Embassy gives you free hot breakfast and nightly manager's reception with drinks. ;) Also, both are only 2 blocks from the blue line train station.

6. gosh1976

gosh1976 Member

May 29, 2005
    atlanta
    the doubletree rates are available for other Hilton brand hotels. The discount seems to be about the same as if you do the internet Pre-pay deal they usually offer.

The Hilton Garden Inn by Ohare has rooms for $98.10 booked through the US soccer deal. That's a savings of $11 I think over the normal rate per night but remember US Soccer gets something too which is baiscally savings for when they use doubletree hotels. Don't forget you also get a cookie at check in at Doubletree:D

I'll be flying in probably late Friday night but possibly with enough time to go out for a night cap.

A block of seats from sections 123 to 125 have been bought by some Mexican store so we'll have to make sure to drown them out!!

Ginger's on N. Ashland and the Globe on Irving Park have both been mentioned as a place to meet up Saturday night. I was thinking we could contact both and see which was is more receptive to a supporter's party if no thing else gets planned.

Hopefully someone local or the the Fire organization or one of their supporters groups can help us with tailgating plans. I plan on taking public transportation to the game but I also plan on visiting the tailgating before I go into the stadium.

7. RoleModel83

RoleModel83 Member

Jul 27, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  8. directorman

directorman New Member

Jan 21, 2007
    Omaha
    Just booked at the Hilton Garden Inn by O'Hare!

Woohoo!

Awesome rate for US Soccer.

Can't wait for my first Cap, WOOO!!

:D

9. chinaglia

chinaglia Member

Jan 25, 1999
    Florence, SC USA
    Club:
    Motherwell FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    When do tickets go on sale and where can I buy them?

10. gosh1976

gosh1976 Member

May 29, 2005
    atlanta
  11. helpmenow

helpmenow New Member

Feb 12, 2002
    san diego
    We need the name and the phone of mexican store and buy the tickets.

12. RoleModel83

RoleModel83 Member

Jul 27, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Awesome. Glad to hear other U.S. fans are planning to make this game. I've noticed the rate at the Hilton Garden Inn is $10 cheaper per night if you only go for Fri-Sun. Thursday night is more ($107.10). This hotel is a bit further from the train station (1.2 mi.), but probably still walkable (especially for thirsty Sammers ;)).

For everyone going, are you planning to skip the semis and only go for the weekend and the Final?

13. gosh1976

gosh1976 Member

May 29, 2005
    atlanta
    just got mine booked at the same hotel. I've got the whirlpool suite booked for Friday Sat and Sunday nights. :D

14. Galaxian

Galaxian Member

Oct 30, 2005
    Newport Beach, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am flying in on Wednesday, so I will be there for the semis and final.

I just got off the phone with Eric a little while ago, and got my tickets in the SA section for both matches.

15. el chingon

el chingon Member

Dec 31, 2005
    Chicago
    Club:
    Club América
    Not going to happen, a mexican store where i live is selling a lot of ticktes from sections 123 to 125.

South End is going to be like this videos but instead of America and Monterrey fans it would be Mexico Fans........
    [youtube]f3OqYL0_G3M[/youtube]
    [youtube]PeZMD1i64-M[/youtube]

16. gosh1976

gosh1976 Member

May 29, 2005
    atlanta
    huh strange I thought those videos would be Mexican fans throwing shit cause they were mad about losing dos a cero :D

17. el chingon

el chingon Member

Dec 31, 2005
    Chicago
    Club:
    Club América
    :(

Hopefully we can beat you guys in the gold cup final. I won't be able to take any more sh*t from U.S fans. Especially since there's a couple of U.S. soccer fans at Target were i work. They keep on saying "2-0 ********" :mad:

No one in another thread has answered my question so ill ask it here..... Donovan is the one that takes corner kicks right?? and what part of the stadium is shown on tv??

18. green94

green94 Member

Jan 1, 2007
    Minneapolis
    Club:
    Hamburger SV
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Unfortunately, yes, Donovan takes the right sided corners. Without Convey there, he might take left too.:(

19. gosh1976

gosh1976 Member

May 29, 2005
    atlanta
    Beasley has taken some of the left sided corners for Man City not that the one I specifically remember was any better than Donovan's most recent. Just because recent set pieces for LA have been less than stellar doesn't mean they will be in the Gold Cup two months from now.

20. el chingon

el chingon Member

Dec 31, 2005
    Chicago
    Club:
    Club América
    I hate donovan, good think he'll be taking corners!!! I'll be throwing stuff at him and reminding him about his mom:)

21. el chingon

el chingon Member

Dec 31, 2005
    Chicago
    Club:
    Club América
    Oh and here's some Mexican Joga Bonito done to Brazil for you guys to enjoy...
    [​IMG]

22. gosh1976

gosh1976 Member

May 29, 2005
    atlanta
    more joga bonito from Mexico

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

23. el chingon

el chingon Member

Dec 31, 2005
    Chicago
    Club:
    Club América
  24. el chingon

el chingon Member

Dec 31, 2005
    Chicago
    Club:
    Club América
    BTW, what do you guys that already got tickets plan on doing if USA doesn't make it to the final

25. gosh1976

gosh1976 Member

May 29, 2005
    atlanta
    I concede that you guys have one or two class wingers.... so anyway back on track...

Chicago guys have you heard anything about Saturday night plans or about tailgating plans?