Take a bow, Lord Dennis

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by A-J-A-X, Nov 8, 2004.

1. A-J-A-X

A-J-A-X New Member

Jul 14, 2004
    South London, UK
  2. ArnoldVDH

ArnoldVDH New Member

Nov 2, 2004
    Behind My PC
    Personally I would prefer it if he retired. Being an Arsenal fan I see a lot of course of Bergkamp, and I don't think he has been that great this season. As a matter of fact, when Van Persie has come on in his place it is Van Persie who has provided the sparks, and I think he should be given his chance.

By all means, keep Bergkamp at the club, but I think he should stand aside for the youngsters at Arsenal. The legend he is, I would offer him a coaching position so he could pass all his knowledge onto the youngsters, like Van Persie.

3. Pattrick

Pattrick New Member

Sep 11, 2004
    Utrecht, Netherlands
    If he's going on for another three years anyway... then why not in Amsterdam?!

4. AjaxGunner

AjaxGunner New Member

Mar 18, 2004
    I agree; if he plans to continue playing for much longer, he'd probably be better off coming back to Ajax. It would be great (to me) if he could be an assisstant coach at either Ajax or Arsenal, although he's said in the past he didn't plan on becoming a manager.

5. Matt5696

Matt5696 New Member

Sep 29, 2004
    I'm pretty sure Van Basten was the same... though he was obviously bitter at the time of retirement, so I guess it's not quite comparable to Bergkamp's situation.