Tailgating policy at SIUE

Discussion in 'Saint Louis Athletica' started by defensewins, Apr 2, 2009.

1. defensewins

defensewins Member

Nov 15, 1999
    Does anyone know if tailgating and booze will be allowed in the lots before the game?
    Thanks

2. rokagrl13

rokagrl13 Member

Aug 14, 2007
    STL
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not only is it allowed, I encourage it....

Come tailgate with Laclede's Army starting at 4 that day. BYOB. We will have a tent up to keep the sun off you if you wish and a small grill. We will have music going and drums set up. :D

3. Cville K C

Cville K C Member

Nov 3, 2008
    Collinsville, IL
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey, if you really wanted to encourage it, you would supply the beer, too.:p

4. REALfootballRulez

May 25, 2007
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Take some pictures you guys. Or should I say you girls? :)

5. Cville K C

Cville K C Member

Nov 3, 2008
    Collinsville, IL
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm a guy. Obviously, Rokagrl is a girl. There will be pictures, guaranteed!:D

6. DeigoRedD

DeigoRedD Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 28, 2004
    Fort Worth, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Which parking lot will you be tailgating in? So our two car caravan from DFW will know where to aim for?

7. Cville K C

Cville K C Member

Nov 3, 2008
    Collinsville, IL
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think there is only one parking lot at Korte Field, unless there is another lot I'm not familiar with. The field is located south of the main campus about a half mile or so. I'm not sure where they will put the overflow, if the lot isn't big enough. I imagine we will be fairly close to the stadium, since a few of us are planning to get there when the lot opens at 4:00.

I assume you are Kerri Hanks fans, if you are coming up from DFW. I have relatives that live just north of there in Van Alstyne, Texas. Have a safe trip up!

8. DeigoRedD

DeigoRedD Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 28, 2004
    Fort Worth, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was asking because when I pulled up info on the site about the stadium, I found information on parking in several lots.

http://www.womensprosoccer.com/soccer_ektid540.aspx?team=stlouis

Looks like the main lot is $5.

I'm actually a women's soccer fan in general so the league starting up is exciting. Just bummed that the Dallas team isn't around for the first season. :eek:

I'm a fan of Solo's since I saw her when she played in high school as a forward (I'm from the Seattle area) and Chalupny is my fave current WNT player. I'm starting to infect some folks in The Inferno with a passion for women's soccer as well so we've got a group of 8 - 10 people coming up for the game. I even had some special green Inferno shirts made up for the trip. We're aiming to get to the stadium around about the time your tailgate starts.

Looking forward to the game tomorrow! Yay!

9. rokagrl13

rokagrl13 Member

Aug 14, 2007
    STL
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We will be in the main lot closest to the stadium. You can park anywhere and walk there, we will be close to the gate.

10. rokagrl13

rokagrl13 Member

Aug 14, 2007
    STL
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    WTH is yer deal with there being some girls? If you look at the group most people that go to things are guys. I'm usually the only girl there! I see you post things with your opinion and that you are a guy. Do you have something against girls? Does you being a man make your opinoin better than mine.

And Laclede's Army is for all sexs, usually it's guys. :rolleyes:

Any other comments?

You would think I'm some sort of feminest, but I'm just annoyed...

11. REALfootballRulez

May 25, 2007
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Calm down. Geez, it was just a JOKE because in the vernacular people say "I'll see you guys later" eventhough they mean men AND women. It's just a figure of speech.

I said "Take some pictures you guys" but because this a women's team I just said "should I say girls?" as a JOKE. That's why the smiley face was there.

You obviously haven't been to English class since you don't know what vernacular means and you don't know what a figure of speech is.

12. rokagrl13

rokagrl13 Member

Aug 14, 2007
    STL
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Really, you're big come back is a question of if I have ever taken an english class? Really? You bait all the time on crap, the only way I feel dumb is that I fell for it...

Yes, I have taken English classes. Do you think I'm 12? :rolleyes:

My comments were based on more than one time you have mentioned the fact that you are a guy and were laughing at the group being girls.

I should have never taken the bait of the 10 yr old... Stupid stupid me...

13. REALfootballRulez

May 25, 2007
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You are also delusional because I NEVER laughed at the group being girls. You obviously don't know the difference between a question and what laughing is.

14. Cville K C

Cville K C Member

Nov 3, 2008
    Collinsville, IL
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Holy Crap, I think we're for the same team. Let's save our venom for the opposing side. All of us (guys and girls, men and women) need to pull together here. And I want to tell you, from my point of view, it's really darn scary with me being the peacemaker.:eek:

GO ATHLETICA! 21 and half hours 'til kickoff!:D

15. defensewins

defensewins Member

Nov 15, 1999
    Thanks everyone for the information on tailgating. This is the first St. Louis Professional team I can feel ok cheering for, as I have no rival Chicago Team I have followed from the beginning(Cubs/Bears, etc.). This will be cool. Also, here's some advice, don't check the weather forecast in STL a week before and worry. Wait till 2 days before the event, then keep checking. You know what they say about STL weather - if you don't like the weather, wait a minute, it will change.

16. REALfootballRulez

May 25, 2007
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The saying goes "If you don't like the weather in St.Louis wait till tomorrow and it will change" or something to that effect. Weather doesn't usually change much in just 1 minute. LOL

17. defensewins

defensewins Member

Nov 15, 1999
    Well, I think the phrase wait a minute is a deliberate exagerration of silliness. In any event, the weather here is schitzophrenic until the summer when its just hot, humid and miserable, that much you can count on.