Tailgate at Kezar

Discussion in 'California Victory' started by Delle Alpi, Jul 22, 2007.

1. Delle Alpi

Delle Alpi BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 12, 2006
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey all its time for another 1906 tailgate. We will be tailgating in the same spot on the west side of the stadium as we did last time starting at 4:00. Everyone is invited as Sully will be manning the grills again. Come on down as we had a great time last time and this time will be better. Please post here if you are interested in attending so that we make sure we have enough food for all. We will have soda and water as well as all the food, but we will need people to bring some beer. Come on down and watch the Vics stomp the Islanders.

2. Alexi

Alexi Member

Feb 26, 1999
    San Francisco
    I will be there!

3. Delle Alpi

Feb 12, 2006
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wouldn't be a tailgate without you Alexi :D

4. sko16

sko16 New Member

May 2, 2007
    Israel
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    I will definitely be there this time. Instead of throwing down money (since I won't see you guys before then), can I just bring some meat or drinks? Let me know what to bring... If you just want reimbursement, I could just bring money to the tailgate.

5. Delle Alpi

Feb 12, 2006
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't worry about it we have funds for this in the kitty and we have a lot of left over soda from the last time just show up and be hungry :D

6. BrendanOakland

BrendanOakland New Member

May 3, 2007
    Im in! oh and that gv guy seems like a big jerk off, but trhats just one mans opinion

7. Alexi

Alexi Member

Feb 26, 1999
    San Francisco
    No leftover beer though, huh?

8. Delle Alpi

Feb 12, 2006
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No we need beer. Is there such a thing as leftover beer? :D

9. RoundBallNewbie

RoundBallNewbie New Member

Aug 23, 2006
    DC in exile
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Only at an LA Galaxy tailgate!

I will be there, plus at least one other and some golden brew.

10. sko16

sko16 New Member

May 2, 2007
    Israel
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    You guys are in luck. I'll bring some homebrewed pale ale.

11. sangreazul

sangreazul Member

Nov 17, 2003
    Belmont, CA
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    In all likelihood, I will be bringing several co-workers who are soccer newbies for the most part. I have the option of either going to the USWNT at Spartan the same evening or to the Vics and Sully's famous tailgate bbq. I am going to strongly encourage everyone to go to the Vics. Much like the tailgate we had at the Seals game before the San Jose game at PAL stadium last month, I will bring several cases of diferent types of beer for everyone in the 1906. My way of saying thanks on behalf of the Seals for your guys support this season. I am more than open to suggestions ...

12. Maradona07

Maradona07 New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    Count Me In!!!!!!!!!

13. Horror Show

Horror Show Member

Feb 23, 2004
    Fullerton, CA
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If I end up not having to cover the USWNT match, I'll definitely be there.

14. athletics68

athletics68 Member+

Dec 12, 2006
    San Diego & San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh crap is the USWNT game that night too. Ok now I'm torn. The WNT could really be looking for support in the area which could lead to the Quakes owners being given a WUSA franchise as well for the new stadium down in SJ. Being at that game could also turn out to be as important as attending the Vics game.

15. deedougie

deedougie Member

Jul 5, 2000
    OAK,CA
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll be there and will see about rounding up other friends to come to the tailgate/game

16. sko16

sko16 New Member

May 2, 2007
    Israel
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    Uhhh why is this even a choice? It's women's soccer versus a Vics match. I can't even watch the USWNT play. I dunno why. Maybe I'm a sexist, but it's just not very exciting.

17. Alexi

Alexi Member

Feb 26, 1999
    San Francisco
    Yeah!
    Too bad, they don't even exchange jerseys after the game ...

18. Horror Show

Horror Show Member

Feb 23, 2004
    Fullerton, CA
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Man, Alexi's just killing it.

Who can forget...

"I'm blonde, I'm deaf, I wanna f**k the ref!"

Classic stuff man.

19. RoundBallNewbie

RoundBallNewbie New Member

Aug 23, 2006
    DC in exile
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ugh. I think a lot of that would just qualify as a man-boob display. Thank God there's no East Germany anymore...

20. Alexi

Alexi Member

Feb 26, 1999
    San Francisco
    Now they are coming to the West!
    Beware!

21. Hawkeye17

Hawkeye17 DynaChick v QuakeBabe v WildKate v Chewie23

Aug 25, 1999
    Miami Vice 82
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, it's too slow but if I want to kick back and watch I'd do so otherwise. However, I got my Victory tix before it was announced so they're first on the list.

However, since I'm heading to another gig after the match I'd rather make the short trip than try to drive 50 miles to get there so the women go by the wayside for this one.

That's what sucks about it.

Come on, they're wearing a top over the jersey. No need for someone to get scared unless someone forgot. Now, if that goal celebration happened and we turned out to get an eyeful that would make the streakers look pale in comparison... :eek: :D

Well, I'm there--I know we got a stashload of soft drinks from the last go-round. Unless all that has been guzzled up what's the list of supplies needed. It's always the brew and meat that's in demand!

22. athletics68

athletics68 Member+

Dec 12, 2006
    San Diego & San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think that was banned. Chastain ruined it for everyone.

23. Californiaspurs

Californiaspurs New Member

Dec 22, 1999
    Santa Clara County
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    sko16
    or gay ;)

Seriously though: I guess there are those that will only watch certain types of footy, for instance, must be male players (always a bit dodgy that), must represent my home town or home country, must be a glory hunters team, must be mls, must be Premiership, must be a European Champs League game (I actually played a pick-up game with a US player who could only relate to the latter--he was totally mystified when I told him I followed a club that was currently in the UEFA Cup and therefore I had only marginal interest in the Euro Champs League by comparison) etc etc.

Then there are those (like myself) who watch any live game, anywhere, and get plenty out of it, whether its community college, women's, college (W&M), USL, EQs, community, you name it, I can't keep away if it's around and I have a few hours to get immersed.

One of the best games I saw last season was a Stanford women's home game. Great little SSS ground, good atmosphere, quality play--a good day out and the fans loved every minute.

I was originally down for the US Women match but the likes of Sully and DA, doing their best Sopranos impersonations at the Seals derby, uh, persuaded me otherwise.

Looks like there'll be several Spurs supporters I haven't met before, among others, plus I'll have a cooler full of London Pride while supplies last.

It just remains to add: Up the Vics.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

[​IMG]
    They will travel over land and sea
    Coz they are the famous Victor-ee. Oi!

24. deedougie

deedougie Member

Jul 5, 2000
    OAK,CA
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For the Saturday game there will also be a double header with the SFSFL who will be playing a game beforehand at 4:15 pm

SFSFL Night at the Victory Game!!
    Saturday, July 28th, 2007, 4:15pm
    Mexicali vs. SF City FC @ Kezar Stadium (before The California Victory takes on the Puerto Rico Islanders)

Hope that might get some more bodies in the stands for the Victory game afterwards

25. sangreazul

sangreazul Member

Nov 17, 2003
    Belmont, CA
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I got to meet some of the SF City FC guys at the Pig and Whislte after a Seals game last week. Great bunch of guys. They ended up buying some Seals gear on the spot. I'll go down there early and catch a little bit of their game. They'd be down for joining the 1906 ...