Tacoma Tide FC 2008

Discussion in 'United Soccer Leagues' started by GOALSeattle, Jan 24, 2008.

1. GOALSeattle

GOALSeattle Member

Oct 13, 2007
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hello goreds!

TFC fans call your club the Red-cards, of course. :D Last match last season between the two in Tacoma was a 5-0 win for the Tide and lots of cards, and yes, a red, for the Yaks.

You guys are strong out of the gate this year. Maybe BYU will be lesser this year, otherwise I'd say Tacoma will be lucky to finish 3rd based on our play after 4 matches. :eek:

2. goreds

goreds New Member

May 27, 2008
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    it looks like you guys need to figure out a way to win some on the road. Your Utah trip will be very important. We are coming out of the gate strong this year which is nice but remember we've only played one game away. Having Junior Garcia back and healthy is very important (it looks like he and Rory may end in a dead heat for goals and points this year which would be awesome to have 2 NW players in the goal/points title hunt, maybe they can each take one category) Obviously Jake Sagare is making some waves too aside from scoring 4 of his own he really take alot of pressure of Jr. I'm actually thinking of coming up for the Tacoma game at the end of the year. Your guys' house is always hard to come into.

3. GOALSeattle

GOALSeattle Member

Oct 13, 2007
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah we haven't lost at home since July 2006, a stretch of 12 matches that includes a 2-2 draw with Seattle Sounders that the Tide actually led at one point 2-0.

Knock on wood---watch it end Saturday against Spokane. :(

4. goreds

goreds New Member

May 27, 2008
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    I doubt it. Spokane has to play Cascade friday night. If BYU couldn't finish you off I'd say you guys should hit your 5 goal mark that you're so good at doing at home. We also don't have a friday game and play cascade following their friday spokane match. So barring something ridiculous we should both walk away with 3 pts this weekend. I got a feeling BYU will drop at least one of their Canadian games this weekend so you guys should be in pretty good shape. BYU really didn't impress me much this time around. I think their 1st place reign is about over. I say it comes down to Tacoma, Yakima, and Vancouver

5. GOALSeattle

GOALSeattle Member

Oct 13, 2007
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

We actually should have beaten BYU. Dominated them in the second half. Out shot them and had 9 corners to their 1. I agree that they don't look as strong right now.

Match against Spokane has been moved up to 2:05 PM so fans / players can head over to Seattle to watch Brazil-Canada at Qwest at 7:00 PM.

Brutal for Spokane, then. A second match about 17 hours after the last one ended...

PS: www.GOALTacoma.com

Someone needs to start a "GOALYakima.com" :)

6. goreds

goreds New Member

May 27, 2008
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Just found out our open cup game is all the way on the East Coast (north-east, I can't say where until a press release has been sent out) on the 10th then we have to play BYU and Ogden that weekend, that's alot of flying. Unfortunatly, I've been told Jake will not be able to make the open cup game, and he will not be with the team this weekend in cascade. which sucks big time, good news is he will be able to meet up with the team for the BYU and Ogden games.

7. The Marquis

The Marquis Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 13, 2007
    Washougal, WA
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Man, that's rough news. If I wasn't moving this weekend I'd make the trip down to Salem, but moving is a pressing thing and we only have 24 hours with the truck. Regardless good luck to Yakima in the Open Cup. Cool deal!

8. The Truth Commission

Mar 29, 2000
    Parts Unknown
  9. goreds

goreds New Member

May 27, 2008
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    HAHAHAHA

10. GOALSeattle

GOALSeattle Member

Oct 13, 2007
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Adjusting his junk. Duh.;)

11. GOALSeattle

GOALSeattle Member

Oct 13, 2007
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [youtube]8AgGzMFh8cE[/youtube]

[youtube]8ow0DAaRGYg[/youtube]

[youtube]33Xgu_BAw24[/youtube]

12. goreds

goreds New Member

May 27, 2008
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    goals from the Tacoma/Reds game, unfortunately the Tacoma goal was too dark and there were too many people in front of the box so you couldn't see it, so it's not on here.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=9IqCKIhUa-I

13. GOALSeattle

GOALSeattle Member

Oct 13, 2007
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  14. GOALSeattle

GOALSeattle Member

Oct 13, 2007
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  15. GOALSeattle

GOALSeattle Member

Oct 13, 2007
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tacoma v. Spokane (5/31) Video Highlights...

[youtube]VnB41Ic1tiU[/youtube]

16. GOALSeattle

GOALSeattle Member

Oct 13, 2007
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  17. GOALSeattle

GOALSeattle Member

Oct 13, 2007
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  18. GOALSeattle

GOALSeattle Member

Oct 13, 2007
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  19. GOALSeattle

GOALSeattle Member

Oct 13, 2007
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  20. GOALSeattle

GOALSeattle Member

Oct 13, 2007
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  21. GOALSeattle

GOALSeattle Member

Oct 13, 2007
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Something you should know about the Tide's 4-0 win over Vancouver...

The Whitecaps sent five players from their USL-1 roster down to the PDL roster for this match. So not only did the Tide face a team that had never lost, but also one with players who had gotten USL-1 playing time this season.

Imagine the JOY of TFC fans and the SHOCK of the Caps players then when it was 3-0 Tacoma after only 23 minutes of play!

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=544642&cc=5901

22. GOALSeattle

GOALSeattle Member

Oct 13, 2007
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  23. GOALSeattle

GOALSeattle Member

Oct 13, 2007
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  24. GOALSeattle

GOALSeattle Member

Oct 13, 2007
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tide coach Fran O'Brien featured in Tacoma Weekly...

http://tacomaweekly.com/article/2022/

[​IMG]

When O’Brien signed on to coach the team in 2007, his immediate goal was to develop a talented group of young soccer players who had already achieved a place in the USL Premier Development League, conceived as the top level of men’s amateur soccer competition in the United States. How far this – or any – group of talented athletes can go, he knows, is largely a function of cultivation, of teaching the tactics and techniques elite players come to acquire.

It is becoming apparent to him that the players are learning what he is attempting to teach.

“Their passing skills and technique are quite good. We are working at staying focused on getting the ball, maintaining possession of the ball, challenging aggressively for every possession,” he said.

25. GOALSeattle

GOALSeattle Member

Oct 13, 2007
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States