Taça de Portugal Final: FC Porto vs Vitória SC

Discussion in 'FC Porto' started by Chacal, May 20, 2011.

1. vaiamerda

vaiamerda Member+

Feb 27, 2011
    A person that realizes that his ship was travelling without direction and then it started to sink.

Look mate, we know you're upset that the muppets that ran/run your club sold their captain. Let me repeat that...they sold their captain to one of their biggest rivals.

Jeez I'd be upset with my club if they did that too. Bitter even. Pisssed. Angry and untimately enbarrassed just like you.

How do you even show your mug here when your captain isn't sold for 22 mil a few years ago to Everton and then sold for 11 mil to your biggest rival, who in turn experiences tremendous success the following year.

Life's a bitch isn't it mate:D

2. vaiamerda

vaiamerda Member+

Feb 27, 2011
    Ah the stupid pot calling the wonderful kettle black.

Ask Godinho and Duque what corruption is mate.

Go ahead ask them.

3. cordobes

cordobes New Member

Jun 21, 2010
    I agree about the starting CBs, but not about the rest. To me Mourinho's teams didn't:
    - have the firepower of this season's team. Your team this year could keep going without slowing down the game and resting because they had the talent to afford that luxury. In some games they decided to freeze the game - like the away game vs CSKA - and they did. But the biggest reason they looked permeable defensively at times was simply because they didn't care - as they didn't need to care.
    - this season's team is a lot more deep. Mourinho's team had a couple of very good backups (Alenitchev, then Pedro Mendes/Carlos Alberto in 2004) and a couple of solid ones (Jankauskas, Nuno) but this one is way deeper: Beto, Fucile, Sereno (very underrated player), Otamendi, Micael, Guarin or Belluschi, James, Christian Rodriguez, Walter - you can make a strong contender for the league title with their backups.
    - finally, style matters. Dominance matters. If you have dominace in potence but you opted for not realizing it, you lose points when it comes to pick for GOAT rankings.

4. palynka

palynka Member

Jun 7, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    And in other games, they failed to close down games they tried from the start (Sevilla home and Villarreal away). Without a rock solid defense we won't do much in the CL against the bigger fish. The defensive heroics against Manchester United and Deportivo were impressive and crucial for the CL win.

But I agree for the most part. Depth is bigger, attack is much better but I just can't ignore that the defense is far from solid.

Edit - It's about picking which supermodel is hotter though. And the fact remains that this year's supermodel is much more fun to watch during Liga games.