Szetela to Roma?

Discussion in 'MLS: General' started by ossieend, Aug 8, 2007.

1. ossieend

ossieend New Member

Apr 3, 2005
    derby u.k.
    http://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=international_feed/07/08/0
    Following on from the Adu move to Benfica I just stumbled across this.
    How likely is this? I hope it doesn't happen. An occaisional young MLS player coming to Europe helps the player and raises the profile of the league, but too many and the league will find it hard to gain strength.
    Damn!! the link doesn't work!
    The upshot is that there's a rumour that Danny Szetela could be joining Roma.

2. akindele12

akindele12 Member

Jun 16, 2007
    Silver Spring, MD
    It may not be good for the MLS right now, but it's good for him and the National team. MLS fans just have to come to the realization that until this League becomes a major league on the levels of the big 3/5, the best young talent at some point are gonna head over to Europe, and concerning Szetala he has to make this move, Roma may not be on the same level as Inter, ac, and Juve but they're damn near close, and their future seems bright.

3. Sinter

Sinter New Member

Oct 12, 2003
    New York City, U.S.A
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Check YA forum.

4. SxSxWxC

SxSxWxC Member

Mar 16, 2007
    Wyandotte Crossing

5. masterklh

masterklh New Member

Oct 21, 2003
    Massachusetts
    I would have zero problem with this. I'm a USMNT first and a MLS second type of guy. Anything to get our younger guys into more competitive markets will just help out the USMNT that much more in the long run. MLS has an uphill battle already but its found its grove. Let guys like Szetela go over to Roma and come back to MLS later on in there career with a bigger name. Staying in MLS isn't helping the league out that much look at how much LD staying here has helped out MLS.