Sweet, Ghana weakened

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by Plxix, Jun 26, 2014.

1. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    So pretty much a Portugal win that is not by 4 goals will see us going through assuming we score no goals today.

2. Ictar

Ictar Member

Jun 18, 2002
    The Oklahoma Panhandle
    Yes, unless we get blown out, BUT Muntari was out for this match anyway and Boateng, well, I can't remember if his play was even noteworthy for them so far. If there is some internal strife that could work in our favor but Ghana is, if anything, the most disciplined African side IMO and the most likely to pull through something like this mentally. They didn't give up or lose their shit like Portugal did against Germany when they went down in both of their first two games. They even came back to lead the Germany one.

It's not bad news but I don't think it changes a whole lot.

HartwickFan repped this.
  3. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    KPB did nothing against Germany. However, I thought Ghana looked a lot more dangerous when he came on the field for them in the 2nd half against the US.

Without Muntari, Ghana will start Michael Essien. Not chopped liver...............................

SetPeace repped this.
  4. terps

terps Member+

Dec 27, 2009
    Overland Park
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sound like a fun bunch of guys. They get their $3 million delivered, then fight with each other? Dumb.

5. aarond23

aarond23 Member+

Feb 24, 2006
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What type of security does Ghana have seriously? They have world wide headlines saying that the players are now in receipt of 3 million dollars CASH? Crazy stuff.

6. Bisquick_in_da_MGM

Jul 26, 2013
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Right now. If we lose 1-0 to Germany, does Portugal have to win by 5 to advance? Thanks.

7. Fanatical Monk

Fanatical Monk Member+

Jun 14, 2011
    Fantasyland
    There is no way this DOESN'T severely effect team morale and chemistry. I'm not saying the mail it in, but at the top level, any little edge is magnified.

I'm sure they're not the only ones pissed. They're just the only ones stupid enough (or huevos enough depending on pov) to say

[​IMG]

8. FirstStar

FirstStar Hustlin' for the USA

Fulham Football Club
    Feb 1, 2005
    Time's Arrow
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow, I read this thread title and thought you were going to Ghana for the weekend. What a strange thing to do . . .

9. West Coast

West Coast Member

Feb 4, 2006
    California
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hope their hotel rooms have safes.

10. aarond23

aarond23 Member+

Feb 24, 2006
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Someone needs to go to the Ghana fan forum that was part of another thread and see whats up there.

I'm guessing its a little bit of a national disgrace.