Swedish U-21

Discussion in 'Scandinavia' started by frenil, Oct 6, 2006.

1. frenil

frenil Member

Mar 11, 2004
    Lund
    Sweden recently won the race for who's going to host the 2009 U-21 European Championships, which obviously means that the U-21 team is automatically given a spot in the finals.

The swedish U-21 is also looking to qualify for the 2007 finals after a comforting 3-0 win away against Serbia. The home leg is played on Tuesday.

Bodes well for the future.

2. frenil

frenil Member

Mar 11, 2004
    Lund
    ********ing emberrasing, but it's not the first time they've choked.

3. Jombajomba

Jombajomba New Member

May 23, 2002
    The substitues were laughing and goofing about at halftime when the score was 0-3. And You're rigth, the same thing happened last year. They only needed a draw at home against Iceland to get the the playoffs, but lost 0-4 or something.

Swedish football is amateurish. The trend is here and its only getting worse. Something needs to happen. They need tp set their priorities rigth.They’re a bunch of overpaid amateurs who are too concerned on ”having a good time”. coaches, player, chairmans - everyone.

When you performing like Wendt - alone caused 3 goals with atricious defending- or Wernblom did, then you should be substitued early. But thats's to harsh...Ah. Maybe they're using predetermined subs like Lagerbäck?

4. urtel

urtel Member

Jul 16, 2003
    PDX
    Club:
    Rochester Rhinos
    Nat'l Team:
    Finland
    I like where you're going with this. The nothern European leauges are seen as "feeders" only to supply big clubs with skillful players.

I like how the Swedes can have a lax attitude, but they ought to pull it together when it comes time to play. The Brazilians play with a smile on their face, no reason why the Swedes can't. But, Brazilians come to play.

The beating by Serbia should be used for humility. Bring them down to Earth. They are a talented bunch, but they play like prima-donnas.

5. Drogo

Drogo New Member

Oct 12, 2005
    Sweden
    They should be proud to represent their country. I think only those who really want to play for the NT should do that, no matter of skill, or else stuff like this happen.