Sweden VS Mexico?

Discussion in 'Scandinavia' started by cocreator, Nov 22, 2004.

1. Jombajomba

Jombajomba New Member

May 23, 2002
    The problem I have with Arneng is that he has this "habit" of running around like a headless chicken. He is poor positionally and doesnt know when and when not to put pressure on the opponent.

Besides, I just hate players who doesnt know how to play their position. In offence he runs around like a nr 10 and is super ambitious while he ALWAYS fails to take his responsibility in the build up. Verey annoyng footballer.

2. Jombajomba

Jombajomba New Member

May 23, 2002
    And besides, why compare D.Andersson with either Holmen, Djuric, or Arneng? They dont play the same role. Of the three latter mentioned only possibly Djuric could act as a holding midfield, but that would mean he couldnt play to his potential anyhow.

Instead of any random midfielder, why not mention an actual holding midfielder instead, who is actually better in the swedish league?

Djuric should been selected and perhaps even Holmen but definitely not in place of D.Andersson, becouse again, they arnt the same kind of player.

3. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA
    Hmmm sounds very intresting!!! all your guys comments, so If I were the coach of Mexico seeing the squad the Swedes are bringing I would bring my B squad which will more than likely happen because they sound about the same calliper I think this will be a intresting game!!! It will be good practice for both sides!!!

4. Snokus

Snokus New Member

Dec 6, 2004
    Myself i do not feel that Grahn is a man for the NT, but then Ålborgs Martin Ericsson got selected. And between thoose 2, Grahn is way better. It is his big mouth that keeps him out of the team.

Daniel Andersson is the only player in this squad that can hold the defensive balancing role. To critisise Daniel Andersson in a team that normaly use Tobias Linderoth on that position feels a bit weird.

5. Jombajomba

Jombajomba New Member

May 23, 2002
    "Daniel Andersson is the only player in this squad that can hold the defensive balancing role. To critisise Daniel Andersson in a team that normaly use Tobias Linderoth on that position feels a bit weird."

Exactly. I hope D.A takes Linderoths place to be honest.

M.Ericsson is a fine footballer though. I cant see how you would complain on him while an useless waste of space as Ishizaki is selected.

A.Johansson, M.Ericsson and lastly, the useless Stefan Ishizaki. Thats 3 playmakers and surely one to many for just two friendlies, none of them are worth playing at any other positons. Well, ishizaki isnt worth playing at all...
    But I cant blame that Grahn isnt selected here, to many players of this sort already.

That Djuric isnt selected on the other hand is absurd. Exactly the kind of midfielder we are lacking.

6. Ceres

Ceres Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Club:
    AGF Aarhus
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    Both Ericsson and Grahn has done an excellent job in the Danish league this season. Linderoth on the other hand has been quite useless for FC Copenhagen.

According to both the Danish and Swedish newsmedia, the only reason Linderoth is not in this team is because FC Copenhagen refused to let him play these friendlies... Personally, I cant understand why the Swedish NT coach would call him at all ??...

7. Jombajomba

Jombajomba New Member

May 23, 2002
    why am I not suprised with this :) Linderoth didnt do anything in the swedish league either...

Well the truth is that sweden dont have any quality holding midfielders at the moment, and an holding midfielder is required in the current formation. But with saying that, as poor the competition for this position now may be, there's no way Linderoth is the best option...

Ya, he's even worse than Arneng :)

8. Snokus

Snokus New Member

Dec 6, 2004
    You cant compare Linderoth to Martin Ericsson or Grahn since they to not aspire for the same role in the midfield. The only Swedish players with talent to have both the defensive balancing role and to control the offense is Kim Källström, when he is in form which it looks like he is not a the moment.

Daniel Andersson is better than Linderoth and will next year be competing with Linderoth for the balancing midfielder.

Im not complaning that Grahn didnt get to go with the squad, but to leave him out for the likes of A.Johansson, M.Ericsson and lastly and Stefan Ishizaki is wrong, since he is way better in the offensive role than any of them.

9. mellon

mellon New Member

Jul 26, 2004
    Liverpool
    I am just looking forward to see of how Bojan Djordic will play now when he get to play more regular football in Rangers. Maybe he will finally get his breakthrough for the NT.

10. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA
    Wow I guess it's a battle in the Swedish own NT's for every young player in this squad to win a position!!! Pretty intresting!!!

11. Jombajomba

Jombajomba New Member

May 23, 2002
    hu? :) What kind of side do you think Mexico will be fielding btw? Wil it be a younger domestic side much like ours? :)

12. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA
    Well yes I think so with a couple exceptions, the coach from Mexico wants to use players under 25 and a friendly we played Equador in New Jersey, USA we beat them 2-1 and that was because their team got a free kick but otherwise it would of been 2 -0 anyhow Equador went on tho beat the full Brazil A squad 1 - 0 in quito, equador so I believe most of the players that were on that Mexico team will be playing angainst your Sweden young team which should be quit a game!!! It will be a good rehersal for both sides!!

13. nordby1

nordby1 Member

Sep 4, 2001
    SAN DIEGO
    Club:
    Lillestrom SK
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
  14. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA
    Re: Padres Press Release

All i have to say is i'm their!!!! I hope argentina loses to catalun on Dec 29 wedns that will be funny!

15. KingRichard

KingRichard New Member

Jan 2, 2005

YES!
    Digital Vikings is organizing a large group of Swedes and other Scandinavians that just want to come along for the drinking, women and general atmosphere... We will attempt to purchase a large block of tickets in section 207 of Petco Park. Tickets are $40 in this section. See Seating Chart: http://www.petcoparkevents.com/PDFs/SeatingChart.pdf

The game starts at 8:00 PM on Wednesday January 26, 2005. The Digital Vikings Contingent will meet at a local bar nearby (600 feet away) at 5:30 PM, where we can eat, drink, get rowdy and get our spirits up... Then at 7:30PM we will head for the Park, and make sure we get our beers, foam fingers, etc before the game starts.

If you are cheering for Sweden in this game, you are more than welcome to join us. You do not have to be a member of Digital Vikings! Just email me: richard@digitalvikings.com and I will reserve a seat for you in our bloc. I will only purchase tickets for the people that will reserve tickets. I will not have a couple "left over just in case". Sorry... Just tell me how many you are, and you can pay me cash or Paypal.

Stay tuned to our website at http://www.digitalvikings.com for the most up to date news on the Swedish contingent at this soccer game. Remember... Section 207. If you don't get tickets through us, you can just buy it in that section, and we'll be able to hang out anyway (as close to the field as possible... so the further down the better).

Also: Here is a link for Petco Park and their event information (click the bottom left blue box with Sweden vs Mexico text) http://www.petcoparkevents.com/

King Richard
    President, Digital Vikings

PS. Remember, Blue and Yellow... No green, and No Red!

16. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA

Well thats good I hope to see you their and wish your team the best!!! They will need it!!

17. KingRichard

KingRichard New Member

Jan 2, 2005

Pft!
    We'll make Quesdaillas out of them!
    KingRich

18. KingRichard

KingRichard New Member

Jan 2, 2005

We have almost 30 tickets booked already! People are coming from LA, OC, San Bernardino, etc...
    KingRich

19. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA

Are you talking about Swedes that are coming from those locations you mentioned? And don't think it will be an easy win Sweden isn't bringing their A squad in case you haven't remembered!!!

20. nordby1

nordby1 Member

Sep 4, 2001
    SAN DIEGO
    Club:
    Lillestrom SK
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Mexican Chicken Quesadillas

Probably chicken quesadillas at that. ;) The last time the Mexicans scheduled a friendly in San Diego against a Scandinavia country was 11 years ago against Norway and then they backed out at the 11th hour even though tickets were already sold for the match. This happened after Mexico was drawn into the '94 WC "Group of Death" with Norway along with Italy and Ireland.

Fortunately Costa Rica stepped in and replaced Mexico and in the end it was a doubleheader in front of over 56,000 fans at Qualcomm Stadium with Mexico finally agreeing to play Bulgaria in the nightcap. This decision came back to bite the Mexicans in the rear as they lost to Norway in their opening match of WC '94 at RFK Stadium and then were ultimately eliminated from the World Cup ironically enough by Bulgaria.

21. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA
    Re: Mexican Chicken Quesadillas

Don't worrie we won't back out this game!! Just I wpouldn't get to over confident yet!!! Lets see what happens at the south-korea game!! Then we can really go at it!!!

22. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA

I'll be in seat 111 yellow section!!! Next to the field!!

23. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA

The Aztecs are going to hammer the vikings!!! I will be hitting a couple of pubs before the match starts in the gas lamp district! Gates open up at 6:30 So be their or be square!!! and go Mexico!!!!!!

24. Drutt

Drutt New Member

Dec 27, 2004
    Re: Sweden names squad to face Mexico/South Korea

The swedish squad (to the mentioned training tournament) have been changed with two players. Andreas Johansson just was bought by Wigan (english club) and Andreas Ostlund was bought by Feyenoord (dutch club). This two is replaced by Dusan Djuric(Halmstads BK) and Fredric Lundqvist (GIF Sundsvall).

25. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA
    Re: Sweden names squad to face Mexico/South Korea

So is this going to help sweden or hurt them?