~Sweden to World Cup celebration thread~

Discussion in 'Scandinavia' started by SectionX, Oct 12, 2005.

1. SectionX

SectionX Member

May 27, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    The lack of swedish support in here annoys me so here is our celebration thread for making it to World Cup next summer. This is huge for swedish soccer.

C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S Boys! See ya in Germany. :cool:

note: Zlatan Ibrahimovic was our leading scorer with 8 goals :D

[​IMG]

2. Bruiser

Bruiser New Member

Jun 1, 2004
    Sykkylven, Norway
    Club:
    SK Brann Bergen
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Congrats Sverige. Whow, fourth in a row. You deserve it.

3. SectionX

SectionX Member

May 27, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    Thanks. Yeah it's Euro 2000, WC 2002, Euro 2004 and now WC 2006. Good streak.

4. ZeekLTK

ZeekLTK Member

Mar 5, 2004
    Michigan
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Nice work, hopefully we join you after November.

5. ExpatSwede

ExpatSwede Member

IF Elfsborg
    Sweden
    Jun 6, 2005
    California
    Yay! Woo! Yes! :D

6. Drogo

Drogo New Member

Oct 12, 2005
    Sweden
    Yay!!!!

7. Herou

Herou New Member

May 23, 2004
    Sweden
    I hope so! Would be nice to see Norway succeed also.

Anyway, im going to Munich in the summer. Has someone else planned to visit Germany too?

8. SectionX

SectionX Member

May 27, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    Sweden might be the only team from the north, thougj I think norway will do it unless they draw spain.

9. Ceres

Ceres Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Club:
    AGF Aarhus
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    Congrats to Sweden :)

10. Nesta007

Nesta007 New Member

Mar 18, 2002
    Honolulu, HI
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In celebration, I'm going to drive my Volvo to the store and buy some Swedish meatballs, then I'm going to say "hurdy burdy gurdy" like the Swedish Chef from the Muppets. Finally, I'm going to give about 70 percent of my next paycheck to the federal government. :D (maybe that last one was a little crass, but I couldn't think of anything else that was typically Swedish. I'm excited for the boys. Very fun team to watch. If my damn profile allowed more space for favorite teams Sweden would be on the list(just below Denmark...Sorry) Anyway...Well done...and good luck next summer!

11. SectionX

SectionX Member

May 27, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    thanks for the support, we will need it :D

some more pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. LarsSon

LarsSon New Member

Feb 11, 2005
    Sweden
    Denmark didn't make it? :( and norway most likely not in wc?
    who am i going to cheer for in the other matches?

13. Nesta007

Nesta007 New Member

Mar 18, 2002
    Honolulu, HI
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nobody is more dissapointed than me about the Danes. But I guess all of my Scandinavian affections will have to be placed on Sweden during the cup. Better than nothing!

14. ExpatSwede

ExpatSwede Member

IF Elfsborg
    Sweden
    Jun 6, 2005
    California
    Oh I think Norway has a good chance to advance - their recent matches indicate a positive form curve at the moment.

15. vico

vico Member

Aug 6, 2001
    Stockholm, Sweden
    sweden is my team in the upcoming world cup

16. urtel

urtel Member

Jul 16, 2003
    PDX
    Club:
    Rochester Rhinos
    Nat'l Team:
    Finland
    Hells yeah, doggie!

17. ZeekLTK

ZeekLTK Member

Mar 5, 2004
    Michigan
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    How are we not likely to make it? We're in the play-offs. We can beat the Czechs.

See you in Germany.

18. k_nico

k_nico New Member

Oct 20, 2005
    Copenhagen
    We didn't make it because of Colina, "the best referee in the world"!! We're all so bitter. It was the match against Greece, in the first half a Greek stopped a pass in the penalty box with his hand. Even the crowd saw the fault clearly and started yelling. But Colina didn't consider it as something you weren't allowed to do. Exactly the same happened in the second half, and Colina didn't whisle before our coach, Morten Olsen, complained about his very bad sight. But instead of warning him, Colina, that bald bastard, pulled the red card for our coach. The Greeks couldn't understand why there weren't penalty kick. The score ended 1:2 to Greece. I will never forgive Colina. We would have taken the second spot in our group. Honestly, we were the best team in the group.

19. GrodZilla

GrodZilla Member

Oct 5, 2005
    Stockholm
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I must say it's very original on your part to blame the referee for a loss, I don't think that has ever been done before :rolleyes:

20. LarsSon

LarsSon New Member

Feb 11, 2005
    Sweden

It's a sad thing you didn't make it. I have to say that you can never rely on a penalty to save your day. A penalty is just the icing on a cake. if you get it, great, if you don't, keep attacking.

Some pleasant news, Collina will be a retired referee next time around. ;)

21. nickeanderson

nickeanderson Member

Nov 1, 2005
    Lund
    Sweden got a goal dissallowed against Croatia at home, when the goolie dropped the ball infront of Zlatan, and the ref gave the goolie a freekick without Zlatan thouching him.

These situations happens all the time, but in 10-12 games it hopfully evens up.

22. Ceres

Ceres Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Club:
    AGF Aarhus
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    I agree that it usually does, it just didnt in this this qualification... Besides Colina and other strange/poor refereeing, Denmark also got a perfectly good freekick goal disallowed (for being offside !) in the last minute in the away match in Georgia... This mistake cost yet another 2 points in this qualification ...

23. BoysInGreen

BoysInGreen New Member

Dec 13, 2004
    The Bronx, NYC
    Random question, but who's Sweden's captain? My sister texted me the other day that she was asked out at a club in Milan by who she was later told was the captain of the Swedish team. She turned him down but was kicking herself when she was told who he was heh.

24. Drogo

Drogo New Member

Oct 12, 2005
    Sweden
    Olof Mellberg, I think http://www.svenskfotboll.se/files/{46987495-07DE-4C11-A41C-FA1C42911044}.jpg