Sweden - NI 1-1 , should we be worried ?

Discussion in 'Scandinavia' started by Big balls, Oct 17, 2007.

1. Big balls

Big balls Member

May 22, 2006
    Sweden
    We should've been qualified now but after tonights awful match, is the Euro in any danger ?. Sweden needs 1 point in order to qualify. Obviously, you can't need any less than this but I got somewhat worried after tonights game. IMO, this was Swedens worst performance in the entire EC QF. It seemed like a training match, the team looked sleepy from start to finish. Next is Spain which should be tough and then it's Latvia, what do you guys think ?, are we in danger ?.

2. ifkgötet

ifkgötet Member

Sep 16, 2007
    Göteborg/Borås
    Club:
    IFK Goteborg
    We need one more point if we are to go through. Obviously it will be tough getting any point away to Spain. As it looks now we propably have to settle for three points at home to Latvia.
    The crowd in the Råsunda Stadion started buing and whistling and showed their frustration during the match. A really poor performance tonight by Sweden. Really dissapointing.

3. Big balls

Big balls Member

May 22, 2006
    Sweden
    This is what I am worried about, we all would expect 3 points at home against Latvia. Whenever we expect something, it never seems to happen. NI, T&T, Senegal. Sweden gets points from world-class opponents and then lose or draw to teams everyone expects Sweden to beat.

4. frenil

frenil Member

Mar 11, 2004
    Lund
    ..if NI win their remaining games against Denmark at home and Spain away.

5. DIF1891

DIF1891 Member

Nov 27, 2004
    Stockholm

Exactly...nothing to worry about at all.

I think we'll draw Spain away actually, so there it is.

6. Ceres

Ceres Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Club:
    AGF Aarhus
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    No, ther is nothing to worry about...

Denmark have faced both Spain and Sweden home and away and Sweden have clearly been better than Spain in this tournament. Denmark should not have lost at home, but could easily have lost the away match in Sweden, while Spain on the other hand were in trouble at home playing 11 against a 10 men Denmark, so I will not be surprised if Sweden also get a point or 3 in Spain...

In any case, N-Ireland are not going to get 6 points against Denmark and Spain... First of all, because Denmark still got a tiny theoretical chance of qualifying if they beat N-Ireland (and Spain then lose their games against Sweden and N-Ireland). Denmark also need the 3 points for their ranking/seeding in the next WC qualifiers, so Denmark are still going for the win.

7. Big balls

Big balls Member

May 22, 2006
    Sweden
    Ok, I feel at ease then, thanks mates ;)

8. Big balls

Big balls Member

May 22, 2006
    Sweden
    Well nightmare scenario for the last game but I'm glad NI won tonight. It was irritating to hear the Swedish commentator giving constant updates on the Denmark match. Sweden should concentrate on their own play.

9. Drogo

Drogo New Member

Oct 12, 2005
    Sweden
    If Denmark would have won Sweden would have been through, so why?

10. Tucker007

Tucker007 New Member

Sep 9, 2007
    :rolleyes:

11. ifkgötet

ifkgötet Member

Sep 16, 2007
    Göteborg/Borås
    Club:
    IFK Goteborg
    Only 20000 tickets sold thus far to the match. Why is this?!

12. Big balls

Big balls Member

May 22, 2006
    Sweden
    Because Sweden should rely on their own strength. If it was a do-or-die match against Spain, I would highly appreciate any outside help. This was not the case, Sweden has held 1st position throughout the entire qualifier until the very end. Tucker & co can make their rolleyes, I think it's completly pathetic.

Sweden had a dream position in the last 3 matches. If they would mess this up and lose to inferior teams (except Spain) they don't deserve a EC anyway.

13. ifkgötet

ifkgötet Member

Sep 16, 2007
    Göteborg/Borås
    Club:
    IFK Goteborg
    No congrats from Ceres, he,he.