Survivor Philippines

Discussion in 'Movies, TV and Music' started by yellowbismark, Sep 19, 2012.

1. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    Another interesting episode with good chalenges, and Abbi sat one out, again. Pennar really won the first one for the team. Great feel good reward for them as well.

Lisa almost screwed it all up in the council with her whining and overthinking again, especially after the listening to the mouth of the resident psycho Abbi. Pete was cringing when she opened her evil mouth. Why she didn't switch then is beyond me.

Then why did they go after Artis when Pete was up for a blind side, that would have destroyed Abbi's game totally.
    Maybe the thought of Abbi and machete's in the night.

2. taosjohn

taosjohn Member+

Dec 23, 2004
    taos,nm
    I assume that that waas worked out in advance between her and Skupin. They only needed one vote switched to flip the game, and by splitting their two votes they left some question as to what happened. If they both vote for Artis, it is obvious, but if only one does they leave everyone else negotiating in the dark to some extent. Of course she'd have been well advised not to cover her vote for Penner with little hearts, as at least some of them will then realize it was Skupin's vote that did the damage.

At this point I'll be very surprised if Abbi doesn't make the final. She'll be everyone's choice to go with, and that should make it easy to peel Pete away from her anytime up to the round of five, because everyone will be planning to do that as well.

I think choosing Artis was some combination of:

1. Noone was likely to protect him with an idol, including himself and
    2. They may have been aware that he was the one wanting to get rid of Abbi.

3. Alberto

Alberto Member+

Feb 28, 2000
    Northern, New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Finally the last two episodes have moved the show in a positive direction. Abbi, truly an unlikable and obnoxious girl. So full of herself, the fall will be hard when she is blindsided.

4. Hamburgler03

Hamburgler03 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 31, 2000
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't know if she ever will be blindsided. She's such a horrible player that every person in the game is going to want to take her to the final.

5. Alberto

Alberto Member+

Feb 28, 2000
    Northern, New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Honestly I don't know how anyone could stand to be around her a the camp.

6. Hamburgler03

Aug 31, 2000
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree about this but she's such a non-player that it is a smart move to keep her around. There is no chance that she gets any votes if kept to the Final 3

7. yellowbismark

yellowbismark Member+

Nov 7, 2000
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Her fall will be in the final tribal, when the jury sticks it to her.

If she's as full of herself as it seems, watching her make a case for herself at the final tribal will be pretty amusing.

8. NHRef

NHRef Member+

Apr 7, 2004
    Southern NH
    Actually somewhat impressed by Abi last night. First holds onto her money figuring a "help" would be forthcoming, then jumps on it. Uses it to get immunity.

Smartest thing she did was "disappear" for a while, fake having the idol, then bluff her way through reading the clue. Happy to see Jeff Probst go along with her bluff too.

An Lisa? She needs to go, can't be trusted to keep her mouth shut.

9. taosjohn

taosjohn Member+

Dec 23, 2004
    taos,nm
    I think she's going to win...

10. yellowbismark

yellowbismark Member+

Nov 7, 2000
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    can you clarify, did you mean Lisa or Abbi?

11. taosjohn

taosjohn Member+

Dec 23, 2004
    taos,nm
    Lisa.

The results of her blurts are too convenient. I think (tentatively) she's not getting lucky, she's calculating it all perfectly...

12. Alberto

Alberto Member+

Feb 28, 2000
    Northern, New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It will be more than amusing. I think I will be laughing out loud.

13. Hamburgler03

Aug 31, 2000
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was kind of rooting for Penner but her blew it last week when not agreeing to the alliance with Lisa. I too was actually surprised at how smart Abi played this week.

14. SpencerNY

SpencerNY Member+

Dec 1, 2001
    Up in the skyway
    Ehhh....other than holding out her $500 for the advantage I don't think she did anything brilliant. Her whole bluff seemed pretty transparent to me and I can't see many of the other people believing that not one, but TWO huge advantages would be given out for $500. Other than that, she pissed people off 10-fold with her post-tribal antics which isn't going tohelp her out with the jury if she were by some miracle able to make it to the end.

15. Hamburgler03

Aug 31, 2000
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I will say this, the game is going to get really interesting with teams of: malcolm/denise, lisa/michael and then abi/carter sort of as a team. Lisa/Michael really need to use their brains and somehow get malcolm/denise out of the game by joining with abi/carter. With Malcolm having the immunity idol, he can almost guarantee final three (and the overall victory in my opinion) if they don't also break-up their group.

16. NHRef

NHRef Member+

Apr 7, 2004
    Southern NH
    I think the idol can only get you to final 5, so he will play it next round.

At this point, I'd be seriously thinking of taking Abi to the end with me if I was Malcom or Denise. If either of Malcolm or Denise is in the final they will win it, unless both are there. The original tribe they were in was destroyed, yet they are still going strong.

Lisa and Skupin don't stand a chance. Neither is good in challenges, and Lisa can't be trusted to simply stay quiet. She does vote as she says, but she runs around talking to much.

My guess is Carter will take it all. He's been quiet, wins challenges and hasn't pissed anyone off. The other option is whichever of Malcom or Denise blindsides the other one.

17. Alberto

Alberto Member+

Feb 28, 2000
    Northern, New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In the end this truly was about Malcolm and Denise. I agree with Penner, Lisa and Skupin were the oxes being controlled by Denise. Skupin and Lisa should have made every effort to keep Abbi in the game and have found someway of voting Denise out. There was no way they would win.

Some gems last night. Skupin debating keeping Malcolm to go mano a mano in the final tribal council. Talk about Hubris, no strike that, talk about stupidity.

Surprised by some of the vitriol hurled at the final three. relatively speaking there was not the level of backstabbing and blindsiding seen in other seasons.

18. Hamburgler03

Aug 31, 2000
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not that it made a difference in the end, but I did like Penner outing Lisa for her Facts of Life career. I thought that was probably the biggest bomb shell of the final tribal. It didn't really matter though because she wasn't going to win anyway.

19. NHRef

NHRef Member+

Apr 7, 2004
    Southern NH
    Seems the final tribal jury comments are just getting nasty. They take a holier than though attitude and then lay it on the final 3 that they are scum. Penner was one of the worst, pretty much calling Denise a bitch. Outting Lisa was funny, but unnecessary, though I did like her comeback.

20. Green Monster

Green Monster Member

Feb 5, 2013
    Scotland
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    One of the best seasons for quite some time. Already looking forward to S26, which starts next week.

Hell yeah!

stellarboy repped this.
  21. SpencerNY

SpencerNY Member+

Dec 1, 2001
    Up in the skyway
    Yeah, I'm in. I heard Philip the crazy ex "special agent" is coming back. Hopefully he changed out those dirty underoos.

22. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    If Survivor is on next week, can Amazing race be far behind?

23. Green Monster

Green Monster Member

Feb 5, 2013
    Scotland
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Amazing Race starts tonight in the US. :thumbsup: