Survivor Philippines

Discussion in 'Movies, TV and Music' started by yellowbismark, Sep 19, 2012.

1. yellowbismark

yellowbismark Member+

Nov 7, 2000
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Still watching.

And I'm developing a little bit of a MILF crush on the Facts of Life gal.

Can't stand the Brazilian, I hope her exit from the game is as cruel as she is useless.

usscouse repped this.
  2. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    Yeh, Know what you mean. She was of my kids generation of shows, I never watched it. She does have a way with her though.

The Brazilian, I had to think for a minute ther..I'm with you though.

3. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Even before the deal struck between the tribes about exchanging food, the challenge was poorly planned. Either people need to be banned from tackling/laying on people, or that was the logical result of the challenge. It was silly and pointless all the way through.

Denise has won exactly zero immunity challenges. Doesn't appear to be her fault, but it's craptastic nonetheless.

4. SpencerNY

SpencerNY Member+

Dec 1, 2001
    Up in the skyway
    I don't recall past seasons having so many likable (maybe tolerable is a better word) cast members. Or at least I like a lot of them. At this point I'm pulling for either Denise, Malcolm, Jeff or Lisa.

Pete or the Brazilian girl need to go sooner rather than later.

5. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    And then she wins the individual one. I think she'd have beaten the guys if she had to. A lot of those endurance tests are not simply strength, as we've seen. Body weight to strength is the issue and she has sinewy strength.

The Brazilian girl is a whacko, she needed to go before the jury gets started. Jury???

6. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good episode though, and some interesting dynamics as three tribes merge into one.

7. SpencerNY

SpencerNY Member+

Dec 1, 2001
    Up in the skyway
    The Brazilian chick is also going to feel like an absolute phuckwit when she finds out that she was implicating the wrong person in the idol-clue debacle.

Who am I kidding? People like that never own up to anything.

yellowbismark repped this.
  8. yellowbismark

yellowbismark Member+

Nov 7, 2000
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not sure I agreed with Jeff Kent's decision-making yesterday.

Jeff could have been the controlling force in a majority alliance of solid, stand-up characters if he had went with the plan of accepting the two defectors from the yellow tribe. As it stands now, the members of the formerly red tribe will now be obliterated in subsequent tribal councils. All this because of some inherent mistrust in Johnathan because he's a returning player. Johnathan has been a trustworthy alliance mate to him, and he hasn't out him as a ballplayer (although I'm willing to bet he narc him out in the next episode, as there is nothing for him to lose at this point).

The yellows might gladly use Jeff now, but he isn't going to place any better then 6th siding with them.

Also looked like Jeff made a strategic move to lose that challenge. He looked like he could have done that all day. Might it be because he doesn't want to draw any attention to his superior physical skills? At this point in the game, you've got a bullseye on you if you're a strong challenge player. Seemed like a wise move.

9. Alberto

Alberto Member+

Feb 28, 2000
    Northern, New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Brazilian girl is one stupid twit. Easily manipulated by the other guy who is constantly smirking. Can she really be so stupid, or is it all part of a ploy by her and the guy. RC is another twit as well. She was smirking when denying she did not drop the clue. How stupid can you be. It makes you look like you are lying (which she clearly was not).

10. Alberto

Alberto Member+

Feb 28, 2000
    Northern, New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Probst should keep his mouth shut and not interject himself into the gameplay. If I was Jonathan I would have spoken to him privately that he was a dick for making a statement about his vulnerability at tribal.

11. SpencerNY

SpencerNY Member+

Dec 1, 2001
    Up in the skyway
    Did I miss something? I thought the only person who figured out Jeff's former status was voted out long ago (the chick with the baseball fan boyfriend).

Watching Jeff in action I really get the sense that all of the decisions he had to make as a ball player have really helped him with the decision making process in this game. I often wonder during this survivor competions how some of the players coming from backgrounds which involve a lot of critical decision making manage to suck so royally at the competition.

12. yellowbismark

yellowbismark Member+

Nov 7, 2000
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought I remember he let him in on that when Jonathan revealed to him he had the idol. I could be mistaken though.

13. yellowbismark

yellowbismark Member+

Nov 7, 2000
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree. I hate when he does that. Let the players come to their own conclusions.

14. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't think it's a problem when done during the tribal council sessions, but in the middle of challenges it is completely uncool.

15. stellarboy

stellarboy Member

Jan 14, 2012
    Davao City
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
    Hello from the Philippines.

I appreciate this season as this is from my country. In case you want to know, the scenes are shot from the islands of Caramoan, in the province of Camarines Sur.

[​IMG]

A little trivia: the names of the original tribes are translated as:
    Kalabaw = carabao, water bufffalo
    Matsing = monkey
    Tandang = rooster

I wished I followed the whole season, but I don't have time for it. :(

Ismitje and taosjohn repped this.
  16. Caddman

Caddman Member+

Aug 18, 1999
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wasn't completely paying attention last night. What was the reasoning behind voting Jeff out? Especially after two players revealed their idols at TC. That was one of the more entertaining exit interviews that I remember though.

17. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    Best episode so far. Lisa, our ex child star is a loose cannon. "Hey, no secrets here guys."
    She goes rolling all alound the deck bumping into everyone telling what the last one said.
    "I won't tell any 'one' about your idol...... I'll tell them all"...Hey, they're all going to vote you off!

That and Jonathan winning immunity and Jeff the baseball player's ("I played in a losing world series" Geez, like anyone gives a shit. He needs to move on and catch up with his life) comment about dead man walking that came back to bite his arse. Really stirred the show up.

Couldn't figure in the reward challenge why they would let Lisa swim the third leg while Malcolm stood and watched. They could have used a calendar for a stopwatch. Oh yeh, Abbi actually joins in.

Pete thinks of taking Abbi to the final, (If) because she's so unlikeable but she's likely to stick a knife in his ribs if he says the wrong thing.

Artis and the strange looking blond guy who nobody seems to think is really on the show at all..:) seem to be sliding by right now.

I'll be fun seeing which alliance Lisa jumps to next week....and tells the secrets of the last group to. She's come alive after the sobbing about 'cold and lonely" and wants to go home.

After a really slow start, (I almost bagged it a couple of weeks back) personalities are coming out and the show is warming up.

My wife thinks the show needs another Ozzie .....:D

18. taosjohn

taosjohn Member+

Dec 23, 2004
    taos,nm
    They needed Malcolm to do the digging-- I think that was a wise choice. Its a sprint element usually, and someone who jogs it can cost you the challenge. Since the keys were buried deeply, his high energy attack on it was valuable.

But I think they put Lisa in the third leg because that's where you hide the worst leg in a relay; but they didn't think through that the legs weren't equal as they are in a track relay.

I'd have put her first-- shortest swim, shallowest dive. But she didn't seem to have trouble with the dive, so maybe they knew someone else might.

19. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    True that. Malcolm was looking beat when he finally found his key. Lisa would still be there.

20. SpencerNY

SpencerNY Member+

Dec 1, 2001
    Up in the skyway
    Seems like Jeff got way ahead of himself and didn't have much of a back-up plan when penner won immunity. Lisa will probably never be trusted again though.

21. taosjohn

taosjohn Member+

Dec 23, 2004
    taos,nm
    I don't think that's really fair. When Lisa started telling everyone everything, it turned into a game of musical chairs, and some hours later Jeff happened to be the guy standing on the end when Probst stopped the music.

22. SpencerNY

SpencerNY Member+

Dec 1, 2001
    Up in the skyway
    Yeah it kinda had that feel to it, but when Jeff laid out the original plan it just felt way to easy. Take out the vets, take out the 3 butt-wipes and cruise on in to the end. Someone was bound to realize they stood a much better chance of bringing some undesirables with them to the end.

23. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    3 butt wipes...:)
    It's going to sound good as we get nearer the end, when these butt wipes tell about how they worked their brilliant strategy.

24. Hamburgler03

Hamburgler03 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 31, 2000
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Man that episode was awesome. The entire post-immunity idol afternoon/tribal council might have been the best in Survivor history.

25. SpencerNY

SpencerNY Member+

Dec 1, 2001
    Up in the skyway
    Anyone else wanna bet that the Facts of Life girl wasn't just innocently taking wet clothes out of the bags when she happened upon the Malcolm's idol?

Jeff has got to be cringing about that comment he made saying that Lisa was just so darned nice.