Surviving the Arsenal trauma by Nick Webster

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by rojagooner, Mar 12, 2007.

1. rojagooner

rojagooner New Member

Feb 20, 2006
    Orange County, CA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I tried searching to make sure this had not already been posted. I didn't find it anywhere so if it has been posted my apologies.
    http://msn.foxsports.com/soccer/story/6557258

I always liked Nick Webster. I thought I remember hearing he is a Gooner? I just remember seeing him with a ManUre kit on once during some show on FSC so I questioned that. Well, enjoy!

2. shincan

shincan Member

Sep 19, 2005
    I was fairly sure that he's a ManU supporter--but this article is a nice one. Thanks for finding it, and for showing how much of what we all believe to be true 1) can be put into clear language 2) is shared by other folks who can write intelligently about the sport at hand.

3. Highbury

Highbury Member

May 13, 2006
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "Up front, the quartet of Theo Walcott (surely the next Henry), Jeremie Aliadiere, Julio Baptista and Van Persie provided substantial flair but only 19 goals between them in all competitions — a paltry amount when compared to Chelsea's Didier Drogba, who has plundered 29 strikes already. Throw in the irregular service of the talismanic Henry, who has scored 14 in 38 matches, and a lack of consistent firepower has proven fatal."

He should try to realize the amount of games played by those 4 players combined. Those 4 combined have only had something like 35 starts, and Walcott, I believe, has only played striker once this season. Plus, no ones expecting them to compare with Drogba, except maybe RVP had he not been injured.

4. rojagooner

rojagooner New Member

Feb 20, 2006
    Orange County, CA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He should have also included Adebayor.

5. mpeabody

mpeabody New Member

Jun 3, 2005
    Lexington, KY
    Well, it is FOX so I don't think anyone really expects him to check facts or really analyze a situation.

6. marakana10

marakana10 New Member

May 9, 2005
    In my opinion Webster is probably another one of "those" football commentators and critics in America. He knows some information, but in my eyes should do some more research before he publishes something of the like.

He is no Max Bretos, but he should be better in my eyes, being from Britannia and all.

Bobby McMahon is the only person at Fox Sports World or as of now FSC, that I hold in any regard. The man knows most of his facts and news.

7. Flyemirates2491

Mar 8, 2007
    Roma, Italia
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Webster isn't american, and hes actually got some pretty good ideas (although he's made some fairly rediculous statements). I regard him as someone who knows his shit, and is worth reading and/or listening.

8. marakana10

marakana10 New Member

May 9, 2005
    I never said he was. And it is this precise fact, ridiculous statements that I've grown to dislike him. Some of the things he was saying during the world cup were just awful.

9. Flyemirates2491

Mar 8, 2007
    Roma, Italia
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    haha well tonight on fff he suggested that there should be specialized free kick takers, that just come on for free kicks. i wanted to scream at him. but i believe that he can be reasonable and is worth at least thinking about the things that he says. like i actually enjoyed this article of his.

10. Flyemirates2491

Mar 8, 2007
    Roma, Italia
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    oh and sorry for pointing out that hes not american, i misread ur post.

11. convergecrew

convergecrew New Member

Jan 17, 2007
    Los Angeles
    i think i remember him saying somewhere that he is a gooner, but it seems like on TV he wants to be "the soccer guy" and a friend to all soccer people. thats just my guess as to why he'll go around wearing a manc kit..

12. busby779

busby779 New Member

Mar 18, 2007
    i met nick webster in a bar in culver city, los angeles he is a crewe alexandra fan !

13. 49unbeaten

49unbeaten Member

Jan 3, 2005
    upstate ny
    alrite nick will do...

but this article speaks very well, because the problem we have had and it seems to be consistant through the years aside from the unbeaten run is that we drop points hard workin mid-table teams who bring the fight and try physically impose themselves on us...only thru more experience for the younger boys and keeping boys off the treatment table