Supporting the 조선민주주의인민공화국

Discussion in 'Korea' started by FCShootdori, Jan 27, 2010.

1. FCShootdori

FCShootdori Red Card

Sep 13, 2009
    Club:
    Pohang Steelers
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Thought this deserved a separate thread

Many media outlets are predicting that North Korea will finish dead last with an embarrassing GD. Many of us on Draw day were probably thinking the same thing ...

But what if North Korea surprises everyone and manages to draw some games? Even a draw against any of these teams would be cause for celebration, but my question is :

Will you guys go on the streets and celebrate?

For those in Korea it would be impossible, NIS will probably bag and tag your ass, but those in North America and elsewhere.. ?

[​IMG]

2. GoYoungrokba

GoYoungrokba Member+

May 21, 2009
    Club:
    Suwon Bluewings
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    The Norks actually hold the key in the group. Failure to steal 3 points away from them means that your team will likely go home after the last group match.

Outside of Group B, this one is my favorite.

3. FCShootdori

FCShootdori Red Card

Sep 13, 2009
    Club:
    Pohang Steelers
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Call me a delusional Iranian but I have a feeling North Korea will draw Brasil. :eek:

No doubt Pak Do Ik and company are training the team for the psychological pressure of a World Cup.

4. salesman

salesman Member

May 20, 2009
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    lol, if Team NK manages to pull out a single draw in group g, we'll have Iranians in WR claiming that Iran would have easily advanced to the next round from the same group had they qualified because of their superior head to head record against NK.

5. FCShootdori

FCShootdori Red Card

Sep 13, 2009
    Club:
    Pohang Steelers
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    If I waved a Nork flag on the streets of Boston ... kekeke.

Although I would reply I don't support the Government at all, just the people/NT.

6. Lionel Richie

Lionel Richie Moderator
    Staff Member

Real Madrid
    South Korea
    Nov 12, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    ^ Don't worry. The average Bostonian wouldn't be aware about the WC. They'd think a very happy Italian or Hispanic is holding an unknown flag. Even the red, white, and blue colors of the flag would look friendly to an American.

7. jetaman-redded

jetaman-redded Red Card

Dec 26, 2009
    Club:
    AC Milan
    DPK will be crushed so badly in the group stage according to my psychic.

Brazil 3-0 DPK
    Ivory Coast 2-0 DPK
    Portugal 1-1 DPK.

1 draw 2 loss.

8. dudedudedude

dudedudedude Member+

Aug 3, 2008
    Baltimore, MD
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I have a feeling Portugal is going to get drawn too. They are the 2nd weakest team in the group. Ivory Coast has the Continent advantage plus they are sporting a strong side. Portuguese almost always play average if Ronaldo underpeforms. There midfield isn't as strong as they used to be. Deco just doesn't have it anymore.

On another note, I was suprised that Ivory Coast lost to Algeria 2-3 in the African cup too. Ivory coast has a bunch of great defenders. It really tells you that Algeria should not be taken lightly. It will be interesting to see the results for the semi finals of the African cup Algeria vs. Nigeria.

9. melonbarmonster

melonbarmonster Member+

Mar 17, 2005
    The average North Korean isn't going to hear anything about the matches unless they win or maybe draw.

10. BENJMNS

BENJMNS Member+

Jun 8, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I'm ready for see our neighbors shock the world. I will watch their matches with abated breath. This is going to be a lot of fun.

11. K:thecore

K:thecore Member+

May 20, 2002
    Honolulu
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    No.

Unsubscribed

12. GoYoungrokba

GoYoungrokba Member+

May 21, 2009
    Club:
    Suwon Bluewings
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I also think Portugal may have some trouble against the Norks. They seem to lack of good chemistry and coaching. Queiros has never succeeded as a head coach.

13. dudedudedude

dudedudedude Member+

Aug 3, 2008
    Baltimore, MD
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I don't understand why portugal doesn't play with any CF. They play with ONLY wingers up front... WTF is Queiros thinking. Queiros team is basically built for C. Ronaldo.

14. GuruSky

GuruSky Member

Jan 7, 2004
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    It's actually because they don't have a striker.

15. lamdas-redded

lamdas-redded Red Card

Jan 27, 2010
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    What if N Korea beats Brazil?
    It is going to be the biggest upset in the world cup history.