Supporter's Website

Discussion in 'Eads Brigade' started by Wmpann, Jul 23, 2007.

1. Wmpann

Wmpann New Member

Nov 13, 2006
    St. Louis
    I don't know if this is started or not yet, but can anyone created a supporter's website like Bryan76 did with Sons of Ben? I think Bryan76 has the right idea that we need to show that we are really dedicated and have lots of momentum. I am thinking that the site should have a tic marker (maybe) to show popularity and information about the petiton for a team. Thats of other things to like possible pictures and maybe we could somehow get more envolved with J. Copper (possible with our own little interview). I see it as a possible site that would be a condensed version of the talks on bigsoccer. This could simple be done by gathering all of the pictures logo idea and name ideas, location ideas. Any thoughts?

2. Sport Billy

Sport Billy Moderator
    Staff Member

May 25, 2006
    I'm all for a website - I just have no idea what I'm doing in that area.

3. Dills

Dills Moderator
    Staff Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 6, 2006
    Southampton|PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    bryan gets all the credit ... he's such a glory hound. :p

4. sirfallsalot_2000

Apr 18, 2006
    St. Louis, MO
    Club:
    AC St. Louis
    I think a website is one step closer to proper organization. Do we have a volunteer to could set one up? (not do all the hard work, just the tech stuff)

5. bellysk8er2005

bellysk8er2005 New Member

Jul 6, 2007
    we could do a myspace if we cant get some do do all the techy things. i know of a copule supporters group that have myspace pages. just an idea. i have a feeling though someone might step up

6. Dills

Dills Moderator
    Staff Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 6, 2006
    Southampton|PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    even if it's just a bare-bones site to begin with. before we set up our new and improved site, we used (and still do in a limited fashion) the free version provided by LeagueLineup.com.

MySpace, Flickr, and similar supplemental sites could/should come into the picture at a later time.

7. Z010 Union

Z010 Union Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The best thing about league lineup is it's free and comes with a powerful mass mailing tool.

Now all you have to do is buy a domain from domaindirect.com - they set you up with 10 email accounts and domain forwarding.

gatewaycitysupporters.com is available right now.

8. KeeperDad30

KeeperDad30 Member

Jul 14, 2006
    Lincoln, NE
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I took the liberty of setting up a Blogger site here and a gmail account for the group. The email address is gatewaycitysoccer@gmail.com.

If anyone has a problem with this I can delete the site, but I think the gmail account maybe useful for the time being.

Let me know what you think. If we want to go ahead with it, I will need input from you guys for content.

Also, if any of you have gmail accounts I can make add you as contributors to the site and you can post stuff yourselves.

9. PopsKrock

PopsKrock New Member

Jul 18, 2007
    Belleville
    Club:
    AC St. Louis
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think it looks great. I'm going to start a gmail account so I can help out. Myspace isn't bad either. We could link up with a ton of people that way.

10. Sport Billy

Sport Billy Moderator
    Staff Member

May 25, 2006
    KD - the blog looks good - nice job
    Eventually I do think we will want a .com
    myspace just seams very amateur to me.

11. Z010 Union

Z010 Union Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    leaguelineup.com is fee. Patrick, email me or Dills if you have questions.

12. KeeperDad30

KeeperDad30 Member

Jul 14, 2006
    Lincoln, NE
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    SB, I agree with you about MySpace. I know eventually we will go to a .com, but I thought the blog would be a good start and it will make it easier for the time being to post updates on the group or expansion news.

Once we get email addresses for everyone we can set up a mailing list through the gmail account or even set up a google group to mail everyone with events etc.

13. Z010 Union

Z010 Union Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I honestly think a leaguelineup site is a better start. It has the email server, and forms creator with a back end database. You can store all your information in one spot.

14. KeeperDad30

KeeperDad30 Member

Jul 14, 2006
    Lincoln, NE
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ok, I checked out Leaguelineup, and I think Bryan is right it is more feature rich than a blog or even myspace. There isn't much storage space (7Mb), but we can store pictures on photobucket and just link them if needed.
    Here is a list of the free features at leaguelineup:

[SIZE=-1][SIZE=-1]Our feature list [SIZE=-2](everything included at no cost):[/SIZE]
    [/SIZE]
    [/SIZE]
    • [SIZE=-1][SIZE=-1]
      [*]Simple, easy to use online administration [SIZE=-2](no technical expertise required!)[/SIZE]
      [*]Administrator IDs [SIZE=-2](spread the workload by creating multiple administrator IDs)[/SIZE]
      [*]Security features [SIZE=-2](password protection for each menu option)[/SIZE]
      [*]E-Mail lists
      [*]Online registration [SIZE=-2](optional credit card processing available)[/SIZE]
      [*]Photo, image and file uploads
      [*]Completely customizable (colors, fonts, menu options, etc.)
      [*]Schedules, game results, standings and statistics
      [*]Team rosters
      [*]Photo albums
      [*]Online polls
      [*]Calendars
      [*]Contact lists
      [*]Handouts
      [*]Forums and guestbook
      [*]Customizable online games
      [*]Tournament listings
      [*]Much more...[/SIZE]

[/SIZE]
    I will volunteer to be the webmaster for the time being. If we are going with "Gateway City Supporters Club" I can set up the site today. I think we may want a final vote to be sure.

15. Z010 Union

Z010 Union Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have 4 sites on there, including a couple just for mail management and it was the original SoB host as well. Let me know if I can help.

16. bellysk8er2005

bellysk8er2005 New Member

Jul 6, 2007
    i'm willing to help im taking fall off from school(surgury) so i should have some free time this fall so i can help if its needed too send me a PM

17. Z010 Union

Z010 Union Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    any news on this?

18. haugenjp

haugenjp New Member

Jun 11, 2007
    Supporters Web Site

I quickly put up a "draft" supporters web site.

http://gatewaycitysupportersclub.org/wp/

I would like opinions and thoughts.

The documents are drafts as well, but could give us a start on organizing the group.

19. Dills

Dills Moderator
    Staff Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 6, 2006
    Southampton|PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    merged ...

20. glaukopes

glaukopes New Member

Aug 10, 2007
    Saint Louis
    The gatewaycitysupportersclub.org site looks good. I like it. I actually found it using google before I saw the link here in the forum. :)

21. only1united

only1united New Member

Aug 21, 2007
    Soulard
    Any more on this?

Keeping this site or renaming that as well?

22. Sport Billy

Sport Billy Moderator
    Staff Member

May 25, 2006
    I'm sure it will stay along with others that redirect back to one source.