Supporter's Shield!!

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by dlm_Fire, Oct 19, 2003.

1. Eliezar

Eliezar Member+

Jan 27, 2002
    Houston
    Club:
    12 de Octubre
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Supporters Shield is the TOP!

Compared to (the!) EPL, winning the league is everything. MLS is won by winning the MLS cup because MLS does NOT have a single table.

If anything the Supporter's Shield is a Worthington Cup. It will never amaze me that people will say ignorant stuff like this. Should the MLB champion be the team with the best record in the regular season? Or the NBA champion? Or the NFL? Should the Champions League give their title to the team with the best league record (that is of their own domestic league).

Get some perspective and learn to think in some way other than "they go on regular season." Especially when we don't have a comparable regular season here.

2. Hattrix

Hattrix Member

Sep 1, 2002
    Chicago
    MLS (C)rap

Unfortunately, MLS Wrap completely ignored the fact that Chicago won the Supporters' Shield yesterday. That's a glaring omission.

3. nicodemus

nicodemus Member+

Sep 3, 2001
    Cidade Mágica
    Club:
    PAOK Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: MLS (C)rap

Any show that devotes 20+ minutes of airtime to Harkes & Trey talking is bound to have several glaring omissions.

4. JeffGMc

JeffGMc Member

Oct 14, 2000
    New York City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Re: Re: MLS (C)rap

Like not enough time for insights from Veronica Paysee? :D

5. nicodemus

nicodemus Member+

Sep 3, 2001
    Cidade Mágica
    Club:
    PAOK Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Re: Re: MLS (C)rap

Paysee would be welcome if all they're going to do is show two peole talking at a desk. They could easily put another 10 minutes of highlights on that show (and I'm not talking about the ones in Harkes' hair.)

6. Bethany

Bethany New Member

Sep 3, 2002

What time does MLS Wrap air? If the Galaxy game was still going at the time that the show was being taped or aired, then I could understand why it was omitted.

7. nicodemus

nicodemus Member+

Sep 3, 2001
    Cidade Mágica
    Club:
    PAOK Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Re: MLS (C)rap

It began airing at midnight central time and Harkes said it was live. Obviously, it could be taped, but they had highlights of all the games.

8. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    There's something wrong when this is not regarded as dorky, but a famous George Clinton reference is.

Oh well :)

9. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999

They may well have been confused how it was awarded, like may others. Lots of folks assume the tiebreaker is differential.

10. BenC1357

BenC1357 Member

Feb 23, 2001
    KC
    I just wanted to say congratulations on winning the SS. While I don't care for your team or some of your fans, the SS couldn't have gone to a better group of fans.

Here's hoping for a repeat of the 2000 MLS Cup. :D

11. JeffGMc

JeffGMc Member

Oct 14, 2000
    New York City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Maybe you want to think about changing your sig then?

At any rate, thenks.

12. Es Brennt

Es Brennt Member+

Feb 25, 2003
    Shermer, Illinois
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I assure you that was deemed far dorkier, I just didn't want to further offend anybody else.